FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 76.
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since this is a stern thread now, I'll chime in.
Jjp games are $8500, sterns are $5200.
Stern is still gonna be on top. They are still the only sane choice for operators and they are still gonna outsell jjp in home sales.
Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body. But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.
Jjp is delivering for their intended customers and market, no doubt.

That’s not an accurate comparison. A JJP standard is equal to that (and I use the term equal very loosely) to a stern LE so they are in roughly the same arena. JJP just doesn’t make stripped out full scale zizzle machines so they don’t have one at that 5k price point.

Now if you want to compare Jjp standard to Stern LE as far as value stuffed into each machine, it’s obvious that JJP isn’t just money grabbing. Especially since each version of the games plays identically. If people want the bling they can pay for it but they aren’t forced to pay for gameplay features.

#2352 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Perfect timing on this, was just about to pull the trigger on a Star Wars LE. What is the best way to preorder? I have never done NIB before, so I don't have a distributor. Live in North Dakota, and don't really have any local places. So excited for this!

I would highly recommend Abel Electronics here in Michigan. Gary from Abel offers stellar customer service. I'll be preordering my game through him.

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So, what do you guys really think?

What do I think. I think youve got me converted from a Stern fan to a JJP fan. I don't have much room in my collection so now I'm focusing on upgrading my collection instead of settling. I put in my deposit this morning. Enough said.

#2354 6 years ago

Heck of a great job Eric!! This is what a unique fun looking pinball is supposed to be. I'm getting an Le. Can't wait. I know code is early, do I'm hoping a ton of movie clips get added to build the immersion level. Amazing game! Thank you for your hard work and giving a strong effort.

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), Jean Paul(Animations), JZ(Art), Matt and Dave(sculptures) and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!
Eric

Looks incredible Eric!! Well done!! Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife we're getting this machine.....

#2356 6 years ago

You know, I was originally disappointed with the theme. But, I've always said theme doesn't matter so I will remain consistent and look past it. When I do that, WOW!!!!!!! Game looks amazing and so far no negatives about it yet! Everyone who watched the stream and played it seems happy. Can't wait to play!

Now I have a tough decision in the future to get a DI or jjpotc. Congrats everyone who put their hearts and time into this game!

#2357 6 years ago

I was at the reveal and the mood in the room was very lively, even though everyone knew what the game was. They were all still very excited to see it in person.

Lots of new, interesting stuff on the playfield and all of it is interactive with the ball - no crap on a spring here. I think theme integration is spot-on.

Congrats to the JJP team!

#2358 6 years ago

IMO the coolest JJP pin so far.

I am not a JJP fan at all but I have to give em props. Plus... Keith is my favorite programmer too.

But damn, $10K?

When I think about how to spend $10,000.00 it's never "buy one pinball machine".

I will put a few dollars into one on location tho.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Wow. My MMR looks stale in comparison. May have to finally part with some bitcoin for this one. Congrats to JJP.

Only need to sell 2.

#2360 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

That’s not an accurate comparison. A JJP standard is equal to that (and I use the term equal very loosely) to a stern LE so they are in roughly the same arena. JJP just doesn’t make stripped out full scale zizzle machines so they don’t have one at that 5k price point.

I'm not comparing the machines, I'm comparing the price. It's accurate to say a route operator can buy a Stern pro for around $5000, while a new JJP is gonna cost around $9,000. That's about 8,000-10,000 more paid games even to break even for an op when you factor in location split.

That's why it's funny to me that people are suggesting Pirates is going to put Stern out of business or make them also-rans.

It's not going to happen, just like JJP isn't suddenly going to start putting out stripped down $5,000 games like some have suggested they should. I agree with you that Stern is going to have to up their LE game - big time - if they want to compete for the LE dollars with the quality of games JJP is putting out, but that's not their bread and butter.

The weirdest thing to me is the vitrol and seething anger towards Stern you see dripping from posts throughout this thread, which really should be a celebratory JJP thread. Never ceases to amaze me how personally people take this stuff - everybody is acting like they are young actresses and Stern is Harvey Weinstein. It doesn't surprise me but I always think it's kind of strange. Stern is just trying to make a buck, just like JJP. They didn't poison your goldfish.

#2361 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Still think JJPotC

JJP

Jersey Jack Pirates.

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not comparing the machines, I'm comparing the price. It's accurate to say a route operator can buy a Stern pro for around $5000, while a new JJP is gonna cost around $9,000. That's about 8,000-10,000 more paid games even to break even for an op when you factor in location split.
That's why it's funny to me that people are suggesting Pirates is going to put Stern out of business or make them also-rans.
It's not going to happen, just like JJP isn't suddenly going to start putting out stripped down $5,000 games like some have suggested they should. I agree with you that Stern is going to have to up their LE game - big time - if they want to compete for the LE dollars with the quality of games JJP is putting out, but that's not their bread and butter.
The weirdest thing to me is the vitrol and seething anger towards Stern you see dripping from posts throughout this thread, which really should be a celebratory JJP thread. Never ceases to amaze me how personally people take this stuff - everybody is acting like they are young actresses and Stern is Harvey Weinstein. It doesn't surprise me but I always think it's kind of strange.

I'm guessing (well, educated hypothesis) that Stern is able to drive the majority of its margins with their LE's and SLE's. Those, virtually, all sell out within a year of release. When you look at a pin like Batman and compare it to JJPOTC CE, its obvious who is going to need to step up...Or not since emotions around manufacturers runs bizarrely high (as you note) that I think even today a $15K Batman would sell out almost instantly.

As I've said, I'm so pumped to see how many CHOICES we have today vs. even 5 years ago. Its awesome and I cant imagine wishing ill will on any of the companies working hard to push out pins to us. Don't like stern pricing and quality? Buy JJP. Dont like high end pins and price from JJP? Buy the Jetsons from Spooky. Want a more boutique and 'interesting' experience? Pre order something from a startup. Its all good.

#2363 6 years ago

Found this:

SW pinball tie-fighter spring cover

Cover up your hardware with our Star Wars Pinball Tie Fighter Spring Cover. This simple cover hides the spring located under the Tie Fighter. Spring cover includes a space themed decal.

https://pu-parts.com/star-wars-pinball-tie-fighter-spring-cover

Huh, currently out of stock though.

swtfs (resized).pngswtfs (resized).png

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!
Eric

Incredible job, the passion you all have shows in the end result. You blew the doors off this reveal and did so in such a serious and humble way. Fresh perspective and different thinking come from new people and thanks to JJP for recognizing the talent you all have.

If I could put in a request for the upcoming years. Could you take a stab at Star Wars next go around if the license becomes available. I'd really like to see you personally take on this design. You'll do great things with it and the rest will be history.

Respect-

#2365 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

If I could put in a request for the upcoming years. Could you take a stab at Star Wars next go around if the license becomes available. I'd really like to see you personally take on this design.

Our best bet is likely a "new trilogy" Star Wars pinball, but the final movie is only 2 years away.

#2366 6 years ago

Arrrrgh, I want kraken multi ball!

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

But damn, $10K?
When I think about how to spend $10,000.00 it's never "buy one pinball machine".
I will put a few dollars into one on location tho.

That's almost $16K converted to CDN money.

Beautiful game otherwise and congrats to JJP on doing such a great job!

#2368 6 years ago

Fantastic job Eric!! I wasn't thrilled when I heard the rumor of JJPOTC but it looks like a must have. Congrats everyone at JJP!!

#2369 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

CDN dollar currently at 1.25

#2370 6 years ago

Had a feeling Eric and team were going to crush this one. I was hoping for it and they honestly exceeded my expectations.

As a result I dropped my deposit in for a CE

Compared to every other release I can think of and have been a part of this one is by far the best overall from initial appearances

#2371 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i believe everyone knows ALIEN/TNA/HOUDINI/TBIRDS didn't have much wind in their sails to begin with. regardless, with JJPPOTC as an option, people will be viewing any alternative in a lesser light. i don't believe people are going to be buying this game for the beats and a lightshow.

I bought the game for the beats and the lightshow and the gameplay. I know you're hating on TNA, but just let it go man. You go from thread to thread and try to point out ALL the negatives of it. Really think about the TNA story. ONE guy built a machine for himself in his basement, he brought it to shows to share with the community. ONE boutique pinball manufacturer plays it, loves it, wants to put it into production so that other people can enjoy it. And that's just the bare bones. Would Gary or Jack ever do this? Get over it already. People love TNA. Play the game, then form an opinion.

As far as taking JJPOTC taking sales away from other games, it may be, it may not be. Who's to say that I don't also have a deposit on one? I don't, but my wife and I are already talking about moving a game out to help fund a purchase of one. There are others that have deposits on both. One fact is, is that this is mountains compared to SW...

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I think stern nailed that game

"That's it boys! We need to add more nails to our playfields. Then our games will be competitive again" -GS

ballyho (resized).jpgballyho (resized).jpg

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, nope. JJPOC looks great! Can't wait to see more, but I watched some gameplay video and it looks super cool.
Keefer is a mad man, 105 modes, 22 characters, it makes Stern's half finished and abandoned code look really bad.
But my TNA deposit is for a game I'm way more excited for. JJPOTC isn't remotely like it. It's also more money than I want to spend on a pinball right now.
None of my TNA thinking has changed one bit.

This for sure. The people saying TNA is impacted at all by JJPOTC are people that weren't in on TNA and not understanding what the allure to that game was to those of us that went in on it. A simple fast playing game with no safe shots that will gently return the call to your flipper with raging techno music that's a great 4 player game.

JJPOTC looks phenomenal. It looks deep as heck. But it's the opposite of TNA, like most of the games we see today. Which is perfectly fine and blown away with JJPOTC but it won't impact 95% of the people interested in TNA.

#2374 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Lol, sucks to be you.

Oh, wait... y'all got legal weed, legal prostitutes, legal cuban cigars, universal healthcare & some fancy French speaking people.

I'd pay $16K for all that plus a JJP pin

#2375 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), Jean Paul(Animations), JZ(Art), Matt and Dave(sculptures) and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Eric

From what I have seen so far it is briliant and will only get better. I am really hopeful my distributor gets one to the Nashville show next month. You guys are setting the bar so high.

#2376 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The weirdest thing to me is the vitrol and seething anger towards Stern you see dripping from posts throughout this thread, which really should be a celebratory JJP thread. Never ceases to amaze me how personally people take this stuff - everybody is acting like they are young actresses and Stern is Harvey Weinstein. It doesn't surprise me but I always think it's kind of strange. Stern is just trying to make a buck, just like JJP. They didn't poison your goldfish.

Stern has created their own problems and it's their own fault for the backlash. They did this to themselves.

In my opinion the 3 biggest reasons for the negative attitude towards Stern are raising prices while offering less in games, lowering quality, and regular code delays.

#2377 6 years ago

It was really good to see the Abess family there as part of the team and confirming the commitment to great pinball for a LONG TIME.

That's awesome. I'd say JJP is big time fortunate to have them in their corner.

#2378 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of SW playfield next to a JJPOTC playfield?

#2379 6 years ago

I want to see the mechanism for that insane spinning concentric disk!

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where exactly is the cannon on the upper playfield? And it shoots the at the ship in the top left corner? Looks like it needs to hit a hole in the side to count as a hit?

Canon is on left side of the tilting upper playfield (top right corner). It shots from right to left... trying to hit the target area of the boat that is in the upper left area of the cabinet. So you are trying to time the canon fire with the tilting of the PF...

#2381 6 years ago

Waiting for the mod that covers up Depp on the playfield.

#2383 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lol, sucks to be you.
Oh, wait... y'all got legal weed, legal prostitutes, legal cuban cigars, universal healthcare & some fancy French speaking people.
I'd pay $16K for all that plus a JJP pin

We also may need free education because at a 1.25 exchange rate, or thereabouts, these numbers may just be a tad off

#2384 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Waiting for the mod that covers up Depp on the playfield.

Where does all this Depp hate come from? Honest question.

#2385 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Canon is on left side of the tilting upper playfield (top right corner). It shots from right to left... trying to hit the target area of the boat that is in the upper left area of the cabinet. So you are trying to time the canon fire with the tilting of the PF...

Awesome thanks

#2386 6 years ago

Shipping, exchange, brokerage and Ontario taxes could put that machine in the 16K range for people in that province, glad I live in Alberta.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

We also may need free education because at a 1.25 exchange rate, or thereabouts, these numbers may just be a tad off

#2387 6 years ago

Depp is potc imo?

#2388 6 years ago

the best feature imo on the game is those multi-directional spinning discs....now that is cool.

this looks likes JJP best playing machine yet!!!

no regrets on my SW purchase at all

#2389 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Where does all this Depp hate come from? Honest question.

It's kinda of like The Shadow owners wanting/getting an alternative translite, or Stern Star Trek pro owners doing the same. Not hate just a preference for a more generic theme than movie star advertising is my guess. It is an interesting question though, as it seems to depend on the actor pictured. No one seems to have an issue with the Tron backglass or Lebowski. In the case of Stern Star Trek there's just a much cooler backglass than the movie cast. I like the CE version playfield art better, but won't be buying one due to cost.

#2390 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Shipping, exchange, brokerage and Ontario taxes could put that machine in the 16K range for people in that province, glad I live in Alberta.

Not even close 10 k includes shipping so unless your tax rates are double to triple BC .......... just sayin

#2391 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric...It looks fantastic!
Thanks for the great game and all your hard work.
Thanks for posting here and keeping in touch with us!
Thanks!

#2392 6 years ago

I saw that Nitro in Canada is offering free shipping if you buy from them. Any distributors doing this in the states? *No, Chris, I'm not a veteran!! =)

#2393 6 years ago

Hogbog My deposit is sent for an LE. I don't think I've ever been more excited at this stage for a game. Congrats! You crushed it! It's going to be a massive hit. I'm grateful you chose to work in pinball.

#2394 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not even close 10 k includes shipping so unless your tax rates are double to triple BC .......... just sayin

Well Ontario is 13%

#2395 6 years ago

So...what is the appropriate way to go about asking your wife to sell all of her jewelry to pay for a shinny new pinball machine?

#2396 6 years ago

Game looks pretty good. Great to see a fresh new designer make a game.

It's crazy over priced though and I think it's funny how many of you are running to order a CE like 12.5k is some great value or something. New pinball is great but at 9.5k I'm out and it's crazy to see people applaud another huge price increase. I can almost fill a game room with fun stuff for that price.

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who is saying that?

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

best JJP game Eric, Will be my first purchase of a JJP game.

Neil.

#2399 6 years ago

Looks great, however in my opinion, the CE edition would have looked better with laser engraved barnacles etc on side armour, lock down bar, maybe painted in enamel. 3d barnacles on the back box sides wrapping to the front.
My opinion only and I am not buying one.

#2400 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Game looks pretty good. Great to see a fresh new designer make a game.
It's crazy over priced though and I think it's funny how many of you are running to order a CE like 12.5k is some great value or something. New pinball is great but at 9.5k I'm out and it's crazy to see people applaud another huge price increase. I can almost fill a game room with fun stuff for that price.

You're a fisherman now anyway. All you need is a pole and a nightcrawler.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/48?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.