FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 76.
#2301 6 years ago

WOW!!!! This games looks incredible!! Who in gods name would ever buy a Stern LE over this game?? It looks like all of the pieces finally came together on this pin......Theme, flow, toys, art, lighting! Go JJP!!

#2302 6 years ago

On a side note a great pirate band which I have seen twice is Alestorm. Maybe play these guys in the background when playing your game if you ever get tired of the quotes, music, etc.

#2303 6 years ago

Where exactly is the cannon on the upper playfield? And it shoots the at the ship in the top left corner? Looks like it needs to hit a hole in the side to count as a hit?

#2304 6 years ago

I hope there will be a lot of humour from Jack Sparrow quotes and clips

rum (resized).jpgrum (resized).jpg

#2305 6 years ago

NITRO offering FREE SHIPPING in Canada for this landmark title! POTC T-shirt & Nitro Pack included.
Contact [email protected] or call Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO.

#2306 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Nice to see so many options with over 200 sceniros as mentioned that no game will be the same. I guess having 5 movies in the franchise helped out. Is this the first game made on multiple movies?

Indy was 3 movies, LotR was 3 movies, Hobbit was too. The interchange scenarios and missions sound impressive, but I hope it's not handled like Hobbit where there's a LOT of same-ness. Give me less but make it all memorable.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

WOW!!!! This games looks incredible!! Who in gods name would ever buy a Stern LE over this game?? It looks like all of the pieces finally came together on this pin......Theme, flow, toys, art, lighting! Go JJP!!

I really like little details like the lanterns on the ship playfield flickering.

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

You coming to flipout cooked?

Seriously trying to wrangle it RGR . Guessing you'll be there?

#2308 6 years ago

Crab toppers for the game, ok paint it white like the ones in the movie but this one taste much better than the rock crab Caption Jack licks. If you ever want to order crap go to thecrabplace.com, its pricey but the best. http://www.crabplace.com

D4A26F02-67AA-4F1B-9EED-FB8D64A335BF (resized).jpegD4A26F02-67AA-4F1B-9EED-FB8D64A335BF (resized).jpeg
A5D4A0BC-A4F7-42BF-ACD3-D859939C78DA (resized).jpegA5D4A0BC-A4F7-42BF-ACD3-D859939C78DA (resized).jpeg

#2309 6 years ago

this looks like a great game, first JJP I'm really excited about!

#2310 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seriously trying to wrangle it rgr . Guessing you'll be there?

Yeah just like last time. Did you goto the first one?

#2311 6 years ago

That ship in a bottle with the moving waves is the icing on the pinball machine cake.
I'm officially impressed. Need to hear, see and feel more.

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Watch "Early gameplay of JJP Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machine (POTC)" on YouTube
» YouTube video

I’m a bit worried about that upper PF because it seems like it could become over used?

How many LE are they making, did they say?

0A52DD91-B3E9-4771-BAFC-2B7BF9D5D35E (resized).jpeg0A52DD91-B3E9-4771-BAFC-2B7BF9D5D35E (resized).jpeg

#2313 6 years ago

A world under glass, briljant.
This is how it suppose to look a pinball machine as my wife thinks.
(And me to).

#2314 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Not to crazy about the "theme" of JJP POTC for $9,500.00. Can't please every one. It look really good . The rolling Upper right playfield look cool but it also looks like a service call nightmare. For the money of these machines you need to really like the theme IMO. Glad pinheads are pumped POTC if that is your thing. Can't beat The Wizard of OZ . Jack picked one of the all time great timeless classics in film history. Took 3 years to get the light boards issue resolved . But JJP has done that for 75th WOZ 2.0 . Not so much with Hobbit " Beast Mech " issues at $350.00 each. Early Hobbit adopters who had this issue told me all the drama. JJP redesigned the " Beast pop-up Mech" in the current run. I leaning for JJP 75th WOZ 2.0 and STERN Star Wars Pro . For $ 9.800 with shipping 75th WOZ 2.0 is a better theme and proven game play a code that is awesome . And the 2.0 system is for 75th WOZ is stable according to JJP Frank head of tech support I talked with him today. Star Wars pro $5.300.00 I will be set .

I agree with you about Woz. I think it’s you just as much stuff as Pirates and the code is fantastic. I just picked up a 2.0 system Woz RR with RadCals it’s worth every penny. I know these were once sold for $6500 but that was a steal however the early games did have some issues which have been worked out now.

I can’t say much about SW because have not played it but I’d prefer a SAM pro like Met, ST, TWD, IM etc. which should cost $4xxx

I believe Sterns best pins are or were sold for $4600-$4700: Tron, IM, Met, TWD etc.. sure they not as packed as Woz or Pirates or DI but at almost half the cost. However when LE of Stern cost $8k they don’t make sense anymore. It’s like buying a $30,000 Corolla for gods sake. Corolla may be a good little car but at $16k after that it gets sketchy.

Now you have Stern not even bothering with code updates anymore and quality control down the drain it’s embarrassing how cheap they are becoming. #wheresthecode, put in service rails you cheap bastards, fix the cabinets and PF issues etc...

#2315 6 years ago

I played a few games and it’s brilliant. I had a few gameplay videos that I can’t get to load to YouTube for some reason. It’s seriously fun to play. Loving it. There are tons of cool stuff too. The upper playfield is molded as the back of the black pearl but what’s so damn sweet is there are like 4 molded lanterns that flicker like its a flame lamp. Unbelievable attention to detail. It didn’t have to be in there and everyone would still love it but JJP went that next step. Bravo. I wanted the CE because the topper is so damn cool. I don’t however, like the art package as well as I do on the le/se. I’m a sucker for the skull and cross bones. The barnacle trim is not good either. As bad as I want the topper, I think le is the path for me. JJP crushed it.

#2316 6 years ago

Nice to see so many options with over 200 sceniros as mentioned that no game will be the same. I guess having 5 movies in the franchise helped out. Is this the first game made on multiple movies? I am a big pirates fan of the movies, characters, ride, but enjoyed the 1st movie the best. The last few did not do much for me or the last one which seemed repetitive to me and rehashed the previous efforts. Still I can’t help but enjoy them and hope the pin is a huge success and looking foward to it since I was not impressed with Sterns POTC version when it came out. I am glad I see at least two ramps in a JJp on opposite ends. I might have to own the LE one day. I hope there is some humor and orginal actor quotes in the game.

Original Potc was based on first two movies I believe.

#2317 6 years ago

For those who were at the reveal, was there any mention about a Hobbit code update?

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I played a few games and it’s brilliant. I had a few gameplay videos that I can’t get to load to YouTube for some reason. It’s seriously fun to play. Loving it. There are tons of cool stuff too. The upper playfield is molded as the back of the black pearl but what’s so damn sweet is there are like 4 molded lanterns that flicker like its a flame lamp. Unbelievable attention to detail. It didn’t have to be in there and everyone would still love it but JJP went that next step. Bravo. I wanted the CE because the topper is so damn cool. I don’t however, like the art package as well as I do on the le/se. I’m a sucker for the skull and cross bones. The barnacle trim is not good either. As bad as I want the topper, I think le is the path for me. JJP crushed it.

Great to hear. I noticed those lamps on the mini playfield as well. Extremely cool and like you said great attention to detail.

Quoted from thewool:

For those who were at the reveal, was there any mention about a Hobbit code update?

From what I watched the entire panel was about the latest game. At last years expo JJP had another panel the following day that I think that went into more stuff.

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

The amount of games stern makes and the price they sell them at will keep them #1

Not really. They will probably go back and raise prices again as they see JJP getting more.

I'm betting Stern goes to
Very soon as when sales start to fall, my guess is they raise prices.

JJP certainly one this Expo. It's not even close.

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Indy was 3 movies, LotR was 3 movies, Hobbit was too. The interchange scenarios and missions sound impressive, but I hope it's not handled like Hobbit where there's a LOT of same-ness. Give me less but make it all memorable.

I really like little details like the lanterns on the ship playfield flickering.

If the modes are like The Hobbit they will all be unique. Each of the Hobbits 31+ modes are unique and work the playfield in interesting ways. Keith knows how to create objective based rulesets extremely well. I'm sure we are going to see a lot of unique modes for POTC.

#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not really. They will probably go back and raise prices again as they see JJP getting more.
I'm betting Stern goes to
Very soon as when sales start to fall, my guess is they raise prices.
JJP certainly one this Expo. It's not even close.

It's ridiculous in my opinion for us to pay those prices for Stern games with what they are offering. Star Wars looks cool but seems like an absolutely rip off for the asking price.

Sterns problem isn't that the games they are making are not cool as they are. The problem is their asking prices are not being justified by enough features and proper code support.

What Stern is pulling would be similar to Ford charging $200k for a Mustang GT as Ferarri is charging those prices so why can't they? Lol

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the modes are like The Hobbit they will all be unique. Each of the Hobbits 31+ modes are unique and work the playfield in interesting ways. Keith knows how to create objective based rulesets extremely well. I'm sure we are going to see a lot of unique modes for POTC.

I own a Hobbit and respect your opinion but can't totally agree with you here. When I'm playing Hobbit modes I don't feel engaged in some of them like I do in LOTR or STTNG for example. Some of them feel more like an afterthought... What I mean is all you care about while playing is completing it to get the rune rather than feeling immersed in the mission. I also think mode progress status needs working on as while you know what to shoot for, you never really know your progression. More modes does seem to have diluted some of the experience, hope the same cannot be said for POTC.

#2323 6 years ago

Looks great but please stop all the Stern bashing. If it wasn't for Stern and what they have achieved, especially being the ONLY company keeping pinball alive for the past 20 odd years, you would even be looking at this game.

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I own a Hobbit and respect your opinion but can't totally agree with you here. When I'm playing Hobbit modes I don't feel engaged in some of them like I do in LOTR or STTNG for example. Some of them feel more like an afterthought... What I mean is all you care about while playing is completing it to get the rune rather than feeling immersed in the mission. I also think mode progress status needs working on as while you know what to shoot for, you never really know your progression. More modes does seem to have diluted some of the experience, hope the same cannot be said for POTC.

I understand. I think part of the issue is not requiring the player to beat X number of modes to unlock one of the games 3 mini wizard modes. Instead only 1 is required to be completed and with a game with so many modes that seems odd. That should be changed and would be a nice adjustable option in the menu.

With POTC I wonder if the 5 randomly choosen modes for each film will need to be completed to unlock that movies multiball?

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since this is a stern thread now, I'll chime in.
Jjp games are $8500, sterns are $5200.
Stern is still gonna be on top. They are still the only sane choice for operators and they are still gonna outsell jjp in home sales.
Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body. But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.
Jjp is delivering for their intended customers and market, no doubt.

Omg I agree with you for once. There will be peace on earth.

#2326 6 years ago

So, what do you guys really think?

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), Jean Paul(Animations), JZ(Art), Matt and Dave(sculptures) and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.

Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!

Eric

#2327 6 years ago

Pirates Arrive in Australia

play at Flipout 2017 Melbourne with Jack in Person

Limited Tickets Available

Dress like a Pirate and win Prizes

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!
Eric

Congratulations!! Must be a huge buzz to finally open Pinside and see 100's of (well deserved) positive posts about a game you've been designing for years.

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.
Eric

Think you did an amazing job! People I spoke to had no desire to buy one based on theme but changed their minds(myself included), after the reveal and gameplay stream. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

I wasn't keen on the theme pre-announcement but the game reveal blew my socks off. Can't wait to play one, if not own one. You and the team should be rightfully proud of your efforts

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

Congrats, Eric. I am excited for your career ahead.

#2332 6 years ago

Crab toppers for the game, ok paint it white like the ones in the movie but this one taste much better than the rock crab Caption Jack licks. If you ever want to order crap go to thecrabplace.com, its pricey but the best. http://www.crabplace.com

There have been a LOT of great posts in this thread. This may be my favorite.

Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

AMAZING. I preordered last night. Never done that before. Blown away. GREAT job!

#2333 6 years ago

Congrats!

Hats off to Buffalo Pinball for the live stream and purchasing extra equipment. I thought they did a great job and the sound was solid. Being able to see gameplay about 30 seconds after the end of the reveal was truly awesome.

Please support Buffalo Pinball (twitch, facebook, twitter, etc): https://buffalopinball.com/

JP

#2334 6 years ago

The game looks awesome and super fun to play even with only 20% code. I'm not real fond the the CE artwork thus far mainly because I can't stand the look of the squidface dude. Honestly on this one I could go for the standard and hope that the topper can be purchased separately because that topper is damn cool. The spinning pirate on the pop bumper really didn't add anything for me.

Can't wait to play one.

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

Fantastic job! Can't wait to have one!

#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Congrats!
Hats off to Buffalo Pinball for the live stream and purchasing extra equipment. I thought they did a great job and the sound was solid. Being able to see gameplay about 30 seconds after the end of the reveal was truly awesome.
Please support Buffalo Pinball (twitch, facebook, twitter, etc): https://buffalopinball.com/
JP

They did great. Enjoyed the broadcast.

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Congrats!
JP

Such a nice change to have a game reveal and immediately afterwards quality gameplay footage (with quality players).

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Congrats!
JP

Much thanks! It was an awesome event to be part of. Huge congrats to Hogbog and team on a great launch and an amazing game.

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I missed it in the Twitch stream... did they announced WHEN they expect it to ship?

Quoted from spandol:

1st quarter of 2018

Quoted from japespin:

I must've missed it in the Twitch stream... Did Jack say WHEN they expect to start shipping?

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

It is beyond impressive Eric. Congrats and I can't wait to play/own it.

Mark

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

U best respect this!! I taught the Black Knight XXX everything he knows...

You were wrong. No respect for you.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

You absolutely knocked it out of the park. Great job.

#2343 6 years ago

Best reveal ever

#2344 6 years ago

Did JJP license tilty-Flash from bangerjay Pinball Olympics?

#2345 6 years ago

Sorry, not reading The last 20 pages to catch up.

Just stopping in to say the game is FUN and shoots great. Really well done Eric!

Looking forward to a few more games today. I woke up early to snak in and play some more

Where you at so I can learn mor eof the ruleset...

Congrats!

#2346 6 years ago

Perfect timing on this, was just about to pull the trigger on a Star Wars LE. What is the best way to preorder? I have never done NIB before, so I don't have a distributor. Live in North Dakota, and don't really have any local places. So excited for this!

#2347 6 years ago

I’m hoping in the future JJP does a new Simpsons pin.

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

looks like JJP POTC just took the wind out of the sails of :
ALIEN - TNA - HOUDINI - TBIRDS

Alien still crushes this game IMO but I also don't care for the theme and absolutely love Alien/it's atmosphere, etc. No pinball game delivers the suspense/feel/thriller that is alien pinball (ever).

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m hoping in the future JJP does a new Simpsons pin.

The Simpsons would be cool to see what jjp can do. But In all honesty, I think stern nailed that game and there is not much of a reason to try and redo an already epic game.

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Eric

I love the look of it and how it appears to play, also the massive variety in it, well done to you and the team at JJP.

Each JJP has got better and better just as Jack said they would.

I will deffo pick one up when they are here in the UK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/47?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.