FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 76.
#2251 6 years ago

Wonder if they will re do THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO and do it justice for the nostalgics?
As it looks like they have one upped on the original POTC.

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Wonder if they will re do THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO and do it justice for the nostalgics?
As it looks like they have one upped on the original POTC.

Wouldn't it be cool if they did Wheel Of Fortune justice too?

#2253 6 years ago

Ya but how many toys are on springs?

#2254 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

10+ year old themes past their prime do nothing for location pinball that MUST appeal to the masses. I'm having flashbacks of the late 2000s when Stern thought is was ok to bring out 24, CSI, and even Wheel of Fortune all way past their prime. It was not ok.

The most recent POTC movie came out in... 2017. There is another in production too.

#2255 6 years ago

David Thiel, any chance you can put the Disneyland pirates theme song in as an option for my wife? If the game turned on and played that I wouldn't get any grumbling from her when I tell her I'm buying this. Thanks in advance.

#2256 6 years ago

why oh why SW wasn't done by JJP, damn look at POTC, just amazing, that's how a great license is suppose to be done.

#2257 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't it be cool if they did Wheel Of Fortune justice too?

or Monopoly with traditional naming of streets etc.?

#2258 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

why oh why SW wasn't done by JJP, damn look at POTC, just amazing, that's how a great license is suppose to be done

Perhaps in a few years it will be. JJP has shown they are not scared to redo a theme they feel they can do better. Maybe in time some other themes already used by astern will be reworked by JJP. Themes like South Park and Avengers call out for something like this...

#2259 6 years ago

Nascar was one of my favorite Sterns, but imagine what JJP could do if they gave it that 70s vibe.

#2260 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I assume you don't route newer games? That's fine (I have a lot of friends who op older games), but for those that do, this price isn't crazy. At all.
The new Cruisn game is ~$9k.

I do both. I know the price of new drivers like a 9k cruisn, but that is a completely different animal. I realize every location is different however for myself and other ops I speak with it just doesn't work. If I had a location in NYC or Chicago maybe it would be different. To keep location pinball viable 9k pins will not be part of the solution.

I mean no disrespect to jjp and I think they make great games, still haven't been able to play DI yet but it looks great.

#2261 6 years ago

Not sure how many of you guys are into gaming but this expo tonight reminded me of E3 when Sony totally blew Microsoft and the XBOX one off the stage with the PS4. It was embarrassing for Microsoft. I’m not bashing Stern because I love their games, but seriously can you imagine how Gary and the entire Stern team feels right now? I bet you anything there is a meeting Monday morning at Stern with Gary saying.....boys we have got to do something and we have got to do it fast!!

They better take this threat seriously because if JJP ever gets competitive on their pricing, Stern could be in real danger if JJP keeps hitting home runs like this game here! Dialed in, WOZ, and Hobbit I don’t consider a threat, but this game here is unbelievable in every way!

#2262 6 years ago

$9500 for the LE is tough...that's a lot of dough, but this game looks spectacular. If gameplay and rules are awesome it will be tough to resist. Might have to let go of MM for this one.

#2263 6 years ago

The amount of games stern makes and the price they sell them at will keep them #1

#2264 6 years ago

Rotating center looks pretty sweet ass but the inserts are a little too LOTR for me. Not a big deal or anything just first thing i thought of.

#2265 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

$9500 for the LE is tough...that's a lot of dough, but this game looks spectacular. If gameplay and rules are awesome it will be tough to resist. Might have to let go of MM for this one.

Yeah, and that's not shipped. I love the way it looks, but I don't think I can stomach an almost 10k pin. Sucks. Congrats to JJP on a well done design!

#2266 6 years ago

20171013_011743 (resized).jpg20171013_011743 (resized).jpg

#2267 6 years ago

Impressive, yes at least based on first impressions. I didn't see the full twitch, are the ball times really long?

#2268 6 years ago

Lol, yeah it did!

#2269 6 years ago

Watch "Early gameplay of JJP Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machine (POTC)" on YouTube

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The people interested in TNA are not going to be questioning their choice after a POTC reveal.

Haha, nope. JJPOC looks great! Can't wait to see more, but I watched some gameplay video and it looks super cool.

Keefer is a mad man, 105 modes, 22 characters, it makes Stern's half finished and abandoned code look really bad.

But my TNA deposit is for a game I'm way more excited for. JJPOTC isn't remotely like it. It's also more money than I want to spend on a pinball right now.

None of my TNA thinking has changed one bit.

#2271 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Watch "Early gameplay of JJP Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machine (POTC)" on YouTube
» YouTube video

Also keep this in mind...This is only about 20% of the code is complete according to the JJP...team.

#2272 6 years ago

such an iconic instrumental for playing pinball.
hope it is prominently featured.

#2273 6 years ago

Wow. My MMR looks stale in comparison. May have to finally part with some bitcoin for this one. Congrats to JJP.

#2274 6 years ago

I just watched most of the twitch replay. I am completely blown away! I can't even imagine how amazing the next game will be since they keep raising the bar on every new release.

I really wanted a DI but just had a feeling I should wait to see what #4 was like before ordering - I'm glad I got a classic (TAF) to hold me over until pirates is released.

I really liked that you could steal balls from opponents, but The only thing I would have lived to see is online game play competition with others using the camera (or another plug in cam) so you can see the others players playfield. I also would like to see them use the Bluetooth function for innovation features.

I do hope they come up with a cool interaction with the camera like a next level scratch off from DI.

My only comment is The cabinet side art doesn't look that interesting.

#2275 6 years ago

I hope there's a bit humor in it too, like the stern one and the movies...

#2276 6 years ago

Wake up, he has already sold it.

Jjp took the challenge to make another POTC pin and could not take the risk to make it less good then Stern. The game looks awesome and i m sure it will weight as heavy as WOZ! Jjp won the challenge! In some aspect ( cosmetic) this game feels as woz.
so now stern and jjp are clearly not in the same category, jjp is the roll Royce of pinball. They have a different vision of the industry...and so The pinball expérience is way different for the player.
However I still like some Stern designer and coder like Borg and lyman. In that way, I will still be a fan of their game.
The risk is that some stern designer/programmer decide to work for jjp in time if they feel curbed in their work. Jjp seems to give the time and means to make a great job

#2277 6 years ago

Did you guys watch to the end of the stream when they are interviewing Jack? He said "We had a lot of wind in our sails...*nervously laughs*...no pun intended...going into this reveal and really felt this would solidify our legacy as a great pinball manufacturer but then...but then...*tears up a bit*...but then NeilMcRae posted a leaked picture of the collector's edition on Pinside and now we will be shutting the factory down tomorrow...I'm sorry...*hurriedly walks away with face in hands, clearly sobbing*

So I guess maybe I won't be getting that LE I put the deposit on tonight.

#2278 6 years ago

I missed it in the Twitch stream... did they announced WHEN they expect it to ship?

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.52.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.52.42 PM (resized).png

#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Wake up, he has already sold it.
Jjp took the challenge to make another POTC pin and could not take the risk to make it less good then Stern. The game looks awesome and i m sure it will weight as heavy as WOZ! Jjp won the challenge! In some aspect ( cosmetic) this game feels as woz.
so now stern and jjp are clearly not in the same category, jjp is the roll Royce of pinball. They have a different vision of the industry...and so The pinball adventure is way different for the player.
However I still like some Stern designer and coder like Borg and lyman. In that way, I will still be a fan of their game.
The risk is that some stern designer/programmer decide to work for jjp in time if they feel curbed in their work. Jjp seems to give the time and means to make a great job

Price man price ..... stern is still untouchable in that area.... they are the Walmart of pinball... forever strong! No matter the quality or depth... price is always the deciding factor for the masses

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I missed it in the Twitch stream... did they announced WHEN they expect it to ship?

1st quarter of 2018

#2281 6 years ago

I must've missed it in the Twitch stream... Did Jack say WHEN they expect to start shipping?

#2282 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I must've missed it in the Twitch stream... Did Jack say WHEN they expect to start shipping?

1st qtr 2018

#2283 6 years ago

Hopefully early in the Q1 so it will be at the Louisville Arcade Expo in March.

-Steve

#2284 6 years ago

Even if it's the end of 1Q 2018, a March release is amazing turn time.

#2285 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Price man price ..... stern is still untouchable in that area.... they are the Walmart of pinball... forever strong! No matter the quality or depth... price is always the deciding factor for the masses

Yep. I am probably buying both a JJPOTC LE and a Star Wars Pro. I feel that while this new Pirates appears to be the current pinnacle of pinball, $5300 for a NIB that is fun and a theme I love is pretty darn good.

#2286 6 years ago

Pirates is leaving me speechless. What a fantastic looking game. I can't believe that this is from a "rookie" designer. Eric, you look like a mad genius.

I'm still not hot on the theme, but I can't deny that none of that matters in the face of how good of a game this appears to be. After watching the Buffalo stream, I'm starting to question how I can make room in my lineup.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Yeah, but Star Wars isn't very good. I won't pay less for a weak effort. I'd rather have less good pins than more lame games. Stern is stagnant. They need to wake up and put forth a real effort in their upcoming games.

#2287 6 years ago

Wow. That is an impressive looking machine!

This blows the BM66 'super duper LE' away, they're going to have to really delve into the marketing hyperbole.

#2288 6 years ago

Borg's supposed to wait until Lyman's finished with BM66 is what I got from the seminar.

#2289 6 years ago

Idk if it's been mentioned, but I just noticed on the order sheet from my distro that the LE has a Laser-cut Topper. (CE has the moving ship in a bottle topper).

Other LE features: 72-light Starfield on back panel, invisiglass, shaker motor, powder coated armor and legs
Interesting that the LE won't get a printed manual (DI buyers should get them, once available).

Not that I want to compare JJP to the other manufacturers, but I just have to say, "to each their own." My collection is limited by space and not $$. The value is there when comparing a $7,000 premium stern to a $9,000 JJP pin.

I like that this game has something for the competitive player, collector, and operator in mind. I wasn't high on the theme, but they executed it wonderfully (and Keith said at the end of the Buffalo stream that it's only 20% done). Shipping 1Q (3 monhs up from last year). Well done.

#2290 6 years ago

I haven't has time to read through the 868 new posts that appeared since my last check in (10 hours ago) but from everyone (everyone!) I have spoken with so far tonight, they are blown away. It is so wonderful to hear all the positive and exciting people looking over the games and playing them.

Games start shipping q1 2018. Call your favorite distributor (or call a different one) and get on this.

One of the best reveals ever (and yes, I'm could be bias, but I don't think I'm wrong) for a pinball game.

So proud to be part of this amazing company. So proud of my brother and the many, many people that are involved with making something like this game happen.

Thank you to all for making this night so great!

Sincerely

Christopher
Happy older brother to the designer.

#2291 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Yep. I am probably buying both a JJPOTC LE and a Star Wars Pro. I feel that while this new Pirates appears to be the current pinnacle of pinball, $5300 for a NIB that is fun and a theme I love is pretty darn good.

Not to crazy about the "theme" of JJP POTC for $9,500.00. Can't please every one. It look really good . The rolling Upper right playfield look cool but it also looks like a service call nightmare. For the money of these machines you need to really like the theme IMO. Glad pinheads are pumped POTC if that is your thing. Can't beat The Wizard of OZ . Jack picked one of the all time great timeless classics in film history. Took 3 years to get the light boards issue resolved . But JJP has done that for 75th WOZ 2.0 . Not so much with Hobbit " Beast Mech " issues at $350.00 each. Early Hobbit adopters who had this issue told me all the drama. JJP redesigned the " Beast pop-up Mech" in the current run. I leaning for JJP 75th WOZ 2.0 and STERN Star Wars Pro . For $ 9.800 with shipping 75th WOZ 2.0 is a better theme and proven game play a code that is awesome . And the 2.0 system is for 75th WOZ is stable according to JJP Frank head of tech support I talked with him today. Star Wars pro $5.300.00 I will be set . POTC cool I'm sure it will make many happy fingers crossed. It is all point of view and subjective to each individual .

#2292 6 years ago

have never watched a pirates movie but this game looks awesome, lights, colourful, some cool innovative features (dual spinning discs, rocking playfield, cool layout features etc, incredible graphics on the lcd)

all I can say is Stern - you better pull your socks up - can't wait for "toy story"

#2293 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

And just like that...Stern Pinball becomes Data East again.

what do you mean again?

#2294 6 years ago

I just would like to know if the topper will be an option for the LE too.

#2295 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Topper included on LE, but not the bottle like on the CE. Most likely a Perspex one like WOZ, but hasn't been revealed yet (AFAIK).

#2296 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I asked and the person I talked to said they were still deciding if the bottle topper would be a CE exclusive or not.

#2297 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even if it's the end of 1Q 2018, a March release is amazing turn time.

Working up to 2x per year. Toy Story for Texas? Hard to imagine.

#2298 6 years ago

PinballSTAR is ready for POTC orders - Who's in ? Want our email blast with info from the reveal or have questions ? Shoot us an email...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

potc44 (resized).PNGpotc44 (resized).PNG

potc55 (resized).PNGpotc55 (resized).PNG

potc77 (resized).PNGpotc77 (resized).PNG

potc88 (resized).PNGpotc88 (resized).PNG

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Topper included on LE, but not the bottle like on the CE. Most likely a Perspex one like WOZ, but hasn't been revealed yet (AFAIK).

You coming to flipout cooked?

#2300 6 years ago

Nice to see so many options with over 200 sceniros as mentioned that no game will be the same. I guess having 5 movies in the franchise helped out. Is this the first game made on multiple movies? I am a big pirates fan of the movies, characters, ride, but enjoyed the 1st movie the best. The last few did not do much for me or the last one which seemed repetitive to me and rehashed the previous efforts. Still I can’t help but enjoy them and hope the pin is a huge success and looking foward to it since I was not impressed with Sterns POTC version when it came out. I am glad I see at least two ramps in a JJp on opposite ends. I might have to own the LE one day. I hope there is some humor and orginal actor quotes in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/46?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.