FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 76.
#2101 6 years ago

Stern should concentrate on the $5K pin market

#2102 6 years ago

Hahaha

Quoted from rai:

They do, but for $8500

#2103 6 years ago

1xiyjo (resized).jpg1xiyjo (resized).jpg

#2104 6 years ago

toys look great, chess, ship, hell everything looks good.

#2105 6 years ago

Looks like a great machine!

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

No, as previously mentioned, it's a button on lockdown bar

no you're wrong. Watch the stream - they are frantically pressing that mini led (which looks to be near the lockdown bar) to collect gold. It's part of the game.

#2107 6 years ago

What a awesome pin....was going to order a Di le but don't know what to do now pirates looks awesome

#2108 6 years ago

DAMMIT!!!...I’m in....CE.....this thing looks unbelievable.....

#2109 6 years ago

All Stern needs to do is say OK now is the time.... how can we get a free CASH GRAB to try and take money away from this....

TRON VE.

#2110 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

All Stern needs to do is say OK now is the time.... how can we get a free CASH GRAB to try and take money away from this....
TRON VE.

I'm not really sure that will work at this point.

#2111 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no you're wrong. Watch the stream - they are frantically pressing that mini led (which looks to be near the lockdown bar) to collect gold. It's part of the game.

They are pressing the button. There is no touchscreen.

#2112 6 years ago

Tron VE is sure to come and for a change the code will be done.

#2113 6 years ago

alot of wires coming through that hole in that playfield thats moving up and down

1507863022829902855204 (resized).jpg1507863022829902855204 (resized).jpg

#2114 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron VE and LotR VE it sure to come and at least the code will be done.

Pinball competition is a good thing IMO

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I will pay $3400 for a LOTR VE.

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

2 for 1 deal.

#2117 6 years ago

I'm thinkin KingPinGames is a proud brother right now

#2118 6 years ago

I'll trade a SNES Classic for one ?

#2119 6 years ago

I'm actually wondering how many sales this will take away from Houdini...

#2120 6 years ago

This one for sure I think. Maybe we make a poll on it though.

This is what happens when you take a chance on new young talent with a vision. Game looks incredible. Congrats JJP. Totally raising the bar.

#2121 6 years ago

Wow! That gameplay looks awesome! JJP just won the pinball war.

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm actually wondering how many sales this will take away from Houdini...

Actually thinking how many it takes away from Dialed In.

#2123 6 years ago

Any one want to buy my Stern POTC lol

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Actually thinking how many it takes away from Dialed In.

True dat. I'm more concerned for American because they're a new company and will really feel a dip in sales. As for me, I'm just proud to know that I bought the last truly stripped down Stern machine. Gotta be some historical significance to that.

#2125 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Swing and a miss on that armor. Woof.

Yeah, I love Davy Jones on PF-but not in love with the armor. Brass would be fitting

#2126 6 years ago

In all fairness...

IF Stern continually comes up with BIG licenses they will continue to sell.

#2127 6 years ago

You can see the passion put into this game. Its nice to see the extra effort; bar has been raised for sure. Some companies are about money and passion and unfortunately other companies are just about the money. Not sure how Stern can follow this.

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

True dat. I'm more concerned for American because they're a new company and will really feel a dip in sales. As for me, I'm just proud to know that I bought the last truly stripped down Stern machine. Gotta be some historical significance to that.

I agree and its certainly a valid point.

What pin was that?

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No you're wrong. You hit the BUTTON to collect the gold. I just played it. Hitting an LCD screen would be stupid.

#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

What pin was that?

Star wars

#2131 6 years ago

If Jack could just get ahold of a good license you grown men would be wetting yourselves

#2132 6 years ago

I have hopes that since now JJP has acquired a DISNEY title... I always thought it would be amazing to have DISNEY under glass... as in

EPCOT
MAGIC KINGDOM
ANIMAL KINGDOM
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I agree and its certainly a valid point.
What pin was that?

Correct. I truly do love it and am totally addicted, but JJP has just forced Stern to up their game. They can't keep doing what they're doing.

#2134 6 years ago

anyone think a stern employee will take a peek at it, i'd love to see a pic of that.

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He might give you fifty cents on the dollar for your BM66.

10 cents on the dollar, if he's feeling generous.

#2136 6 years ago

I can't believe I just put a deposit in for a JJP game. 105 modes and a game jam packed makes Stern's games look like cookie cutters. Can't wait for Toy Story to be released. At first I was really gawking at the price but after the features explained and every Eric Meunier said, I'm sold.. this is the type of game I want to have.

#2137 6 years ago

Looks really cool! Glad they went with pirates, didnt care for the stern one, hopefully this one rocks

Only complaints are: stern has made wrinkle black armour look cheep, so le armour would look better at least in gloss, also lets face it another 500? I was already out at 9k for di, another 500 is a no go.

#2138 6 years ago

JJP coding of the display is light years ahead of anyone. The overall presentation on the LCD is amazing. Stern's animations are just not very good at this point.

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No you're wrong. You hit the BUTTON to collect the gold. I just played it. Hitting an LCD screen would be stupid.

well good I'm glad I'm wrong b/c I would agree. Actually it's dumb all together but otherwise, looking good!

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

10 cents on the dollar, if he's feeling generous.

Well, with less than 10% of the code done in now well over a year, that sounds more than fair.

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They are. Finished software will soon be an added charge. The Stern way.

#2142 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They are. Finished

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks really cool! Glad they went with pirates, didnt care for the stern one, hopefully this one rocks
Only complaints are: stern has made wrinkle black armour look cheep, so le armour would look better at least in gloss, also lets face it another 500? I was already out at 9k for di, another 500 is a no go.

Dammit! I was hoping you would get one so I could get some quality time on it haha

#2144 6 years ago

Don't you think they need to adjust the upper playfield shot? They shouldn't make it so hard.

#2145 6 years ago

What an amazing game. The interesting thing is now this is "the bar" which all future releases from others will be compared to for at least a year or two.

At this very moment Stern is changing their underwear and sending meeting invites for tomorrow to figure out how to get an EXTRA spring loaded toy on their next game.

JJP is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

#2146 6 years ago

Haha, just got back from soccer practice and this thread exploded. I'll catch up on the video and good stuff later, but just have to say it's a pleasure seeing lots of positive attitudes for once after a pin reveal.

#2147 6 years ago

WOW!!! Job well done. That is what a new pin should look like. This game has checked all of the boxes except for the price. But you know what they checked the f**k out of those boxes. So here is my money. You earned it!!!!!

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'm thinkin kingpingames is a proud brother right now

IDK how many people know that Eric was an unbelievably valuable piece in the WOZ puzzle to make the game solid, and what it has become today. I interacted with him ALOT in early WOZ days....great guy....very happy for him ( and me, now......)

#2149 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll catch up on the video and good stuff later, but just have to say it's a pleasure seeing lots of positive attitudes for once after a pin reveal.

You aint seen nuthin yet.

#2150 6 years ago

Oh finally .
I really think sterns head is spinning they never seemed like they really cared about their customer. Nothing more humbling then competition and money going to some other company. Now Jjp has gotta get these things shipped out.
Also note that stern said they will be working on code for other games. Timing is interesting. I love it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/43?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.