FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 76.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree 100%. Huo is definitely the best way to go. That said, people still have to buy nib to keep these companies going. I only buy a nib game that is a strong theme/game that my family will really want. I tend to not sell my games, so I buy long term. I would have definitely saved a few thousand total if I had bought my nib purchases used instead. Even then though, I personally can't keep up with huo prices even, and that's probably true for most people here. If I'm not willing to part with a game, then I'm stuck with where I'm at. Not a serious deal in the big picture, but jjp games new or used are still expensive. Beautiful kick ass games, but still expensive. Definitely waiting to see where the huo Di games price out at in next year or so.

You couldn’t know by advance. Less NIB doesn’t mean death of the manufacturer for sure. the company can restructure and/or review its business strategy as selling cheaper to boost sales. All depend on the behavior of the shareholders and their vision of short-term and long-term business. Do they want to make quickly more money as possible?
Prices are crazy now. SW LE is between 10500-11000€ here! Just calculate what it does in dollar!
Who can follow that prices? Second market is not really a choice, it is a duress, even one or 2 years later.

#1352 6 years ago

A few hours after I check and there were like 60 new messages on this thread, and folks planning watching events around the new game. I can't imagine what outsiders would think of the excitement over a new pinball machine by grown men and women. (Of course I'll be watching myself).

It's great reading (also heard in a interview a while back) Eric's background and rich history with pinball. Seems he's surrounded by a great team and had some feedback from one of the greats.

I'm sure we'll be seeing fantastic designs from him for many decades to come.

#1354 6 years ago

I just hope they don't make us all leave the room again to "make the reveal the best it can be". Translation: we need to clear the front row seats so Jack's investor buddies can sit there!

People are for sure going to get there super early (like me), so I don't want to lose my seat!

#1355 6 years ago

Finally, today's the day!!!!

Excited to see what you cooked up Eric.

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jack Danger does better than that, doesn't he ?
LTG : )

FYI, it's actually pronounced "Jacques Dangre".

#1357 6 years ago

TOYSTORY

#1358 6 years ago

I talked to eric the new designer myself at MGC last year when he finally didnt have a bunch of people around him. He told me little bit about the game as he could. I was listening to him speak and was impressed. also because he's from wisconsin. Today is the day! in about 13 hours the reveal will happen. I told him i will be right there in room when it is announced and I will be. I'm super excited for him. This is his moment to shine. I feel something NEW is going to be released. Jeremy

#1359 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I just hope they don't make us all leave the room again to "make the reveal the best it can be". Translation: we need to clear the front row seats so Jack's investor buddies can sit there!
People are for sure going to get there super early (like me), so I don't want to lose my seat!

Jack's investor's are the reason the game exists. Without that capital jack isn't don't anything. They should sit where they want. Otherwise you're not even going to this reveal event.

#1360 6 years ago

If the game is based on the book - it's a Story about Muppets who use Toys to capture Caribbean Pirates. Wish the reveal was this morning

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I guess sit a few rows back then

#1362 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Technically, yes. But, I've been in the gaming industry for over 25 years now(I'm 29). My dad started a route operation when I was around 3, and I was repairing games for him since the age of 7. Age of 12, every weekend, night, and summer was working for him repairing games in the shop and 100+ accounts we had around the Wisconsin Dells. I got an Electrical Engineering Degree and Mechanical Engineering Masters from UW Madison, and I've been working for JJP for 5 years now as the Electrical Engineer. I'm a decent player, and know pinball from many aspects (Operator, Collector, Tournament Player, Manufacturer, and now, Designer).
Can't wait to show you guys the game tomorrow! Hope to see most of you there. Some of you guys....not so sure about
Cheers,
Eric

OK, so my kid wants to be an EE or ME. He is considering UW Madison, Purdue, GT, U of I, and now added U of Min. He has been leaning towards Purdue. What would you say is a good reason to consider UW Madison? I always find asking alum of schools this question very informative. You get perspectives you don't get from visits and such.

Btw, good luck with the unveiling. It has been a blast to watch the progression of JJP. It really has changed the pinball industry.

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

JJP should just have those seats roped off. Simple solution.

#1364 6 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal tonight!

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If the game is based on the book - it's a Story about Muppets who use Toys to capture Caribbean Pirates. Wish the reveal was this morning

Lol. Muppet treasure island. All the rumors meshed into one.

#1366 6 years ago

"HAHAHA.... They ALL thought it was going to be PIRATES..."

hahaha (resized).jpghahaha (resized).jpg

#1367 6 years ago

"WAIT It's not PIRATES ?!"

Wait (resized).jpgWait (resized).jpg

#1368 6 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

OK, so my kid wants to be an EE or ME. He is considering UW Madison, Purdue, GT, U of I, and now added U of Min. He has been leaning towards Purdue. What would you say is a good reason to consider UW Madison? I always find asking alum of schools this question very informative. You get perspectives you don't get from visits and such.
Btw, good luck with the unveiling. It has been a blast to watch the progression of JJP. It really has changed the pinball industry.

The right answer is because that school has POSSIBLY the best game designer ever as an alum. Oh yeah, and some schlep up in Sartell, MN also!! Time will be the judge of @Hogbog's design skills. If the final JJP4 product lives up to the rumors/hype, then this might just be the start of a long and beautiful career! As for time... no need to wait, I can assure you TODAY that I'm a schlep!!

Last thought... as a Minnesotan for the last 26 years, I can assure you with 100% certainty that he should skip the UM. And I'm not from Wisconsin either, so my allegiances lie purely in the quality of the product and not state boundaries.

#1369 6 years ago

"I'm TELLING you that's a SHARK !"

THATSaSHARK (resized).pngTHATSaSHARK (resized).png

#1370 6 years ago

"SHARK still looks fake"

bttfjawsjjp (resized).pngbttfjawsjjp (resized).png

#1371 6 years ago

IMG_1383 (resized).JPGIMG_1383 (resized).JPG

#1372 6 years ago

"Oh my God, it looks like a huge--"

Austin Powers Rocket (resized).jpgAustin Powers Rocket (resized).jpg

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"SHARK still looks fake"

I'll jump out of my chair if #4 is Back to the Future and then immediately contact my JJP distributor to put a deposit down.

#1374 6 years ago

Hey wasn't there some speculation about Muppets? And a bunch about pirates obviously.

What if it's Muppet Treasure Island?

#1375 6 years ago

My cousins friends uncles brother in law claims to have seen on I-90 this morning a truck with a wrapped pinball machine in it and what looked like a Mr. Fusion topper sticking out from the head of the cabinet.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My cousins friends uncles brother in law claims to have seen on I-90 this morning a truck with a wrapped pinball machine in it and what looked like a Mr. Fusion topper sticking out from the head of the cabinet.

Did he by chance also happen to see any SHARKNADO'S along the way ?

#1377 6 years ago

Just check the plug in the back before the stream goes live

airplane7 (resized).jpgairplane7 (resized).jpg

#1379 6 years ago

Glad that gif was removed. Less glad it played on my work computer first.

Edit: To make this less mysterious, it was boobs.

#1380 6 years ago

Whatever #4 is I'll only buy one 6 months after they start to ship. Pretty much every new pin has early issues that get corrected within 6 months of release. I no longer find it worth it to be one of the first people to get a new pin.

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

^^^ Agreed

#1382 6 years ago

Edit: To make this less mysterious, it was boobs.

My bad i apologize. I was just excited. I forgot people are at work with 25 in HD monitors lol. Must have been a BIG surprise.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

My bad i apologize. I was just excited. I forgot people are at work with 25 in HD monitors lol. Must have been a BIG surprise.

I was the one who removed it. I sure hated deleting it, but it had to happen.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I'm a bit short on time today, but I would love to tell you and your son all about UW. If I don't get back to you within the next week, please PM me.

#1385 6 years ago

Hey wasn't there some speculation about Muppets? And a bunch about pirates obviously.
What if it's Muppet Treasure Island?

The leak 2 years ago stated Toy Story, Muppets, POTC - hence all the references!

#1386 6 years ago

cant wait to see HP

#1387 6 years ago

If it's Harry Potter I will come up with the cash for the top model, today. I don't care what irresponsible financial decision it takes, I need it and I need it ordered asap.

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Always tough to delete boobs...

#1389 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Always tough to delete boobs...

im sad i missed the boobs

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you at least give it an upvote before deleteing?

#1391 6 years ago

I missed the boobs.

#1392 6 years ago

Geez, someone merely mentions boobs and the inner Harvey Weinstein comes out of all of you guys.

Relax. It was a gif.

#1393 6 years ago

"Harvey Weinstein comes out of all of you guys"

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Geez, someone merely mentions boobs and the inner Harvey Weinstein comes out of all of you guys.
Relax. It was a gif.

Tell that one to HR.

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Relax. It was a gif.

I think we can all agree we like boobs. That's not the issue. The issue is getting in trouble at work for having that on your computer. It's not cool. A little common sense goes a long way.

#1396 6 years ago

How will this thread explode in 8 1/2 hours?
How many threads started to complain or praise?
Can we just rename this one and keep it here?
With an Eric designing it, I know ill like it.

#1397 6 years ago

"You'd of seen a lot more if you kept your cake hole shut !" - Jack Sparrow

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#1398 6 years ago

Good luck to JJP, After seeing the revel I am ordering a DI LE, Next year I will get the new game...... I am like the others, I will wait a few months before ordering. I am done with Stern nib , JJP gets my money for now on .

#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I think we can all agree we like boobs. That's not the issue. The issue is getting in trouble at work for having that on your computer. It's not cool. A little common sense goes a long way.

Common sense would tell me not to use a company computer or company time to access websites for my personal hobbies.

#1400 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Common sense would tell me not to use a company computer or company time to access websites for my personal hobbies.

Thanks Dwight.

Dwight (resized).jpgDwight (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/28?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.