FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 76.
#1201 6 years ago

I'm struggling at the $8-9k price now to. I've done it twice with jjp. Now, jjp games are far superior quality, detail, and coding so I see the value compared to a Stern premium/le, but I just can't keep up. Of course I want them all and assuming both pirates and toy story are next, I'll want both. I'll have to start selling, and I don't have anything I'm ready to part with. I'm hoping the market remains for these high end machines, but I personally can't keep up. I was still considering a SW premium, but with all the qc problems and node board design, I'm really looking at jjp4 as one last game instead. Confidently Hoping it's epic.

#1202 6 years ago

Will the reveal be streamed live? If so where can I tune in?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will the reveal be streamed live? If so where can I tune in?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-twitch-reveal-on-buffalo-pinball-101217-•-830-pm-central

potc_monocle2 (resized).jpgpotc_monocle2 (resized).jpg

#1204 6 years ago

Just out of curiosity, is there any hard evidence it is POTC? I know this has been the rumor for six months but do we have anyone who has seen something to support the rumor other than just gossip and people talking?

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just out of curiosity, is there any hard evidence it is POTC? I know this has been the rumor for six months but do we have anyone who has seen something to support the rumor other than just gossip and people talking?

Lots of uncorroborated info, but you keep hearing it over and over.

Also the Toy Story 4 Movie is a 2019 release, so you wouldn't think they'd launch a pin based on a that franchise now and ignore the new one.

#1206 6 years ago

I think it's going to be POTC, some have even confirmed it, my wallet will be happy at least... Keeping my expectations 'dialled back' after last year

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Unless I've missed something, I think the only "evidence" that we have is the post that was deleted from pinside. He got DI right, so everyone just assumes the toy story/potc rumors are also true. I think both themes could be great games, but I am hoping for something no one is expecting.

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

but I am hoping for something no one is expecting.

spanish inquisition (resized).pngspanish inquisition (resized).png

#1209 6 years ago

It's more about what "insiders" reveal as licenses they think JJP has, then what the same insiders say is not the next one. Unsubstantiated rumors were that Toy Story was delayed because of the movie delay (and an insider saying it is not the "next" pin), and no insider saying a single word or making any comment on the POTC rumor (along with that deleted post a while back). It might not be POTC. Whatever it is, I hope it plays great like the other JJP pins.

#1210 6 years ago

jjp4_potc_jaws (resized).pngjjp4_potc_jaws (resized).png

#1211 6 years ago

JJP doing a pirate theme sounds good to me, might be my first JJP pin if they do it right.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

..., but I am hoping for something no one is expecting.

Dialed-In 2: They called back

#1213 6 years ago

Experts of dangerous

#1214 6 years ago

3 more days!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Dialed-In 2: They called back

Hilarious

#1216 6 years ago

Pressure mounting!!

#1218 6 years ago

I'm ok if it's POTC but I wish it hadn't been leaked. Takes away from that Christmas morning feel. I'm hoping for a curveball that no one expects.

#1219 6 years ago

Heres Hoping its Harry Potter!

#1220 6 years ago

I have it on good authority it's going to be Hello Kitty vs. My Little Pony Death Match!

I'm hoping for Mad Maxx though!

#1221 6 years ago

Happy 60th Jack. Looking towards seeing you and your co-workers at Pinball Expo Chicago. Of course seeing you unwrap your present during the revealing of JJP #4 will be the highlight of Expo.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1222 6 years ago

The new pin is Gumby, Dammit. The Comic Book is already made.

gumby (resized).jpggumby (resized).jpg

#1223 6 years ago

I was rooting for the SHARK to be #4, oh well.

jawsvspirates (resized).jpgjawsvspirates (resized).jpg

#1224 6 years ago

Potc ... and it has some neat features/toys . I cant wait to own it.

#1225 6 years ago

I'm ready. If it's POTC "which i know it is" and it looks good, i will own it. Its got be be as fun as DILE if not way brother. Hope it looks and plays fantastic...

#1226 6 years ago

I'm very anxious to see potc. I'm hoping too that it's packed with great features like Di. Magnets for black beards control would be awesome. Ghosts maybe a key feature. So many possibilities. Two more days.

#1227 6 years ago

I'm hoping they found a way to get a larger LCD screen in there because 27" is just so 2015.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I'm hoping they found a way to get a larger LCD screen in there because 27" is just so 2015.

#1229 6 years ago

Just curious why make another PoC, I thought I Saw a Stearn pin POC, wouldn't jjp want an original title...? Seems like a dated theme...I wouldn't buy it. i can't stand the POC movies anymore...

Some of the ideas posted were awesome, I'd put my money on buying a Toy story LE or collectors edition if it came out...I get my dialed in LE next month and can't wait... to hear if I'm buying another JJP.

Do we find out tomorrow?

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm ready. If it's POTC "which i know it is" and it looks good, i will own it. Its got be be as fun as DILE if not way brother. Hope it looks and plays fantastic...

Say it ain't so Sky! You and BigD are in on POTC? I'm shocked

Looking forward to this reveal. This one is going to erase my disappointment from last year.

Got a feeling JJP #4 is going to be HUGE, major wow factor.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This one is going to erase my disappointment from last year.

Erase it until we see the price increase you predicted?
On principle and value it will be hard for many people to buy.

For JJP to overcome the debts they racked up forming the company and making WOZ, to get profitable it needs to be a marathon rather than a sprint.

#1232 6 years ago

With all the POTC 'confirmations', how awesome would it be for Jack to have totally orchestrated a fake leak? I would love that.

Yeah, POTC (while I would consider it) would be somewhat of a let down for me given the fact that it's alredy been done (somewhat decently imo) and the franchise is already over-marketed with toys, games and gizmos everywhere.

Come on JJP, something new and awesome! Fingers crossed. Do we know for sure Harry Potter is dead??

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Erase it until we see the price increase you predicted?
On principle and value it will be hard for many people to buy.
For JJP to overcome the debts they racked up forming the company and making WOZ, to get profitable it needs to be a marathon rather than a sprint.

Yep, key word, "marathon". I wasn't gonna mention the price increase but that would certainly temper the excitement level.

I hope they can announce #4 and start shipping it shortly thereafter. They can't keep doing the announce and wait 6 months to ship something. Jack always said he wants to time it out more like Stern.

#1234 6 years ago

I'm very surprised that there is no rock solid, concrete evidence/leak on what this game is going to be. Is JJP that good at keeping a secret or is Stern that poor at it?

-Steve

#1235 6 years ago

Guys are all wrong it's actually GOONIES.

slothpirate (resized).jpgslothpirate (resized).jpg

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Guys are all wrong it's actually GOONIES.

That would be a 100% take my money situation right there.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

I'm very surprised that there is no rock solid, concrete evidence/leak on what this game is going to be. Is JJP that good at keeping a secret or is Stern that poor at it?
-Steve

Seems like most of the people who usually have inside info have made pretty concrete statements it's POTC. They may not have photos or anything like that but they are saying it's 100% POTC. I'm hoping JJP released a false rumor they are all circulating and it's something else. We will know soon.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve

The leaks have been so strong that it is going to be POTC that if it isn't then it would be a big surprise.

#1239 6 years ago

Come on what is it?! Someone at Expo have a peek behind the curtain!

#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Come on what is it?! Someone at Expo have a peek behind the curtain!

about 50 people have already told you what it is.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Captainjerseyjack (resized).pngCaptainjerseyjack (resized).png

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

That would be a 100% take my money situation right there.

Goonies would be cool. My wife already said she wouldn't want POTC.

#1243 6 years ago

Depp-less, maybe.

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Please don't be irritated with my request I'm in denial.

#1245 6 years ago

The worldwide box office take for the 5th movie was the lowest since the first one; they peaked at the second one. Seems like a stale, stagnant license to build a pinball machine around.

(Disclaimer: I only saw the first two, couldn't sit through the third, and passed on 4 and 5.)

I love JJP games. They are beautiful pieces of art and I especially appreciate the quirkiness of DI.

So, whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be worth a look. But man... POTC or Toy Story are limp themes for me.

The wait is almost over!

#1246 6 years ago

I have no interest in POTC so I'm hoping that rumor is false.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I have no interest in POTC so I'm hoping that rumor is false.

It has been a mega strong rumor for 2 years! 99.9% it's going to be POTC.

It would be biggest shock since Stern came out with Wrestlemania if it wasn't

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It has been a mega strong rumor for 2 years! 99.9% it's going to be POTC.
It would be biggest shock since Stern came out with Wrestlemania if it wasn't

Maybe Summerslam.

I like Pirates of the Caribbean and am looking forward to it. If it is, Pirates of the Caribbean, that is. I'd love a Dialed In! but Pirates are a better theme for sure.

#1249 6 years ago

Just because a themes movie sales have tapered off doesn't mean it's a bad pinball theme. Sure, the hype was over along time ago, but potc is still a franchise considered by many as a timeless family favorite. That's like somebody telling me I shouldn't buy a TWD today because the ratings are down the last two seasons. It's still a favorite theme of mine, both TWD and potc. If the features of potc blow me away, then count me in. Can't wait until tomorrow.

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Depp-less, maybe.

THANK you! I don't want to look at that tool on my pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/25?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.