FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 76.
#1101 6 years ago

I think all you guys are assuming the wrong Pirates movie.

The real JJP #4!!

IMG_2577 (resized).JPGIMG_2577 (resized).JPG

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The real JJP #4!!

Youre close...

2017-10-06-10-38-00- (resized).jpg2017-10-06-10-38-00- (resized).jpg

#1103 6 years ago

1290x726_1 (resized).jpg1290x726_1 (resized).jpg

#1104 6 years ago

A JJP King Kong would be my grail, a must buy.....Godzilla a close second. These seem like no-brainers to me, we need more classic monsters in pinball....am I the only one? Seem like easy licences to get.

#1105 6 years ago

Lots of multiballs in that one.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The real JJP #4!!

Space Herpes Multiball!

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Toss on top of all this that he has be tutored by the cemented best designer in all of pinball ever (yes, Pat cemented that with DI) and Pat has even said that Eric is a big part of the reason DI turned out so solid.

And Ted Estes and Keith Johnson for input.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I honestly just am hoping the theme is something that really let Eric shine!

I believe Eric will knock it out of the park and be the start of a great pinball designer future. Something sorely needed as the present designers age.

LTG : )

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe Eric will knock it out of the park and be the start of a great pinball designer future. Something sorely needed as the present designers age.

Yes, with no new blood, we'll end up with "Get off my lawn! The Pinball Adventure".

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, with no new blood, we'll end up with "Get off my lawn! The Pinball Adventure".

Sold!

Grumpy Old Men (resized).pngGrumpy Old Men (resized).png

#1110 6 years ago

John Carpenters greatest hits

97323EDD-0176-47D8-9479-695AFC5C3595 (resized).jpeg97323EDD-0176-47D8-9479-695AFC5C3595 (resized).jpeg

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

John Carpenters greatest hits

This.

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure how Jaws, a story that includes adultery between two of the main characters, would really gel with JJP, a company that is more known for it's wholesome, family friendly themes.

Theme: jaws the film, not Jaws the novel

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Theme: jaws the film, not Jaws the novel

Yeah well, to this day I can't watch the film without picturing Hooper and Ellen Brody having their intimate encounter somewhere between drinking all that wine and cutting open the shark.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah well, to this day I can't watch the film without picturing Hooper and Ellen Brody having their intimate encounter somewhere between drinking all that wine and cutting open the shark.

LOL. The exact moment my mom was imagining when she wouldn't let me see the movie, and was horrified when she learned I read the book! Haha the irony

#1115 6 years ago

I wonder how many people read the book before they saw the movie. I was one of them. But before that when the first kid showed up in Jr. high with that book, it had no pictures on the cover, and I didn't have clue what it was about. I thought with a name like Jaws, it might be about gangsters or something like that. lol.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder how many people read the book before they saw the movie.

Well much like Color Blind people & vegans you'll know how many because they'll be sure to tell you.

Quoted from o-din:

I was one of them.

See

#1117 6 years ago

Seriously, I just finished reading it right before the release of the movie. But I don't remember the book preparing me for that head popping out the side of the boat.

#1118 6 years ago

Seriously though. Why are people hoping for or expecting Jaws? Sure it could be a great pin and theme, but I can think of 100+ themes from the 70's - 80's with similar nostalgic appeal, but with a much better pinball fit. No disrespect intended... it just seems random, and am wondering where the impetus is coming from?

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

... it just seems random, and am wondering where the impetus is coming from?

Like many things on Pinside it was an idea a couple people started and it snowballed into a thing. Few people mention it, then more, then it's a great idea, then it's the next title, oh wait maybe now? etc etc forever.

#1120 6 years ago

Whether it's somebody's favorite old movie, band, or TV show, there are those that insist it becomes the latest pinball machine.

Myself, I'll watch the movie anytime it's on, but I'm more looking forward to pinball moving into the future, and what JJP did with Dialed In is definitely a step in that direction.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously, I just finished reading it right before the release of the movie. But I don't remember the book preparing me for that head popping out the side of the boat.

Ben Gardner! He's not in the book; they cast the guy who played him; a real Martha's Vineyard fisherman in order to have him write Quint's lines

#1122 6 years ago

Yeah and in the book Hooper got eaten by the shark didn't he? How'd they go and mess that up?

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah and in the book Hooper got eaten by the shark didn't he? How'd they go and mess that up?

Hey, spoiler alert!...

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No. It would have to a Rudy on it, back to the amusement park and darker, I think it would be great.

Rudy vs. RoadShow??!! The Dark Days

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

The real JJP #4!!

Space Herpe mode lol!!

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seriously though. Why are people hoping for or expecting Jaws? Sure it could be a great pin and theme, but I can think of 100+ themes from the 70's - 80's with similar nostalgic appeal, but with a much better pinball fit. No disrespect intended... it just seems random, and am wondering where the impetus is coming from?

I'm talking about findin a great wide body! 4 maybe 5 footer. Ever see a JJP playfield? Kinda like an old Bally Williams playfield, all shiny and full of life.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last minute decision by Zanuck and Brown; they talked Spielberg into it. Check out "the shark is still working". God I love Jaws.

#1128 6 years ago

This Jaws thing might just work after all.

jaws12 (resized).jpgjaws12 (resized).jpg

#1129 6 years ago

Jaws and the Pirates,

Jaws is sucked through a wormhole to 1770.

You play either as Jaws and try to eat the pirates, or as the pirates trying to kill Jaws.

Super wizard mode, the Fonz jumps Jaws.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Jaws and the Pirates,

Jaws is sucked through a wormhole to 1770.

Gotcha covered.

SB (resized).jpgSB (resized).jpg

#1131 6 years ago

Interesting pirate eye patch theory - apparently the eye patch was worn over a good eye so when boarding an enemy vessel and going into the hold of the ship, which would have been pitch black, they would lift the eye patch and have an eye accustomed to the dark. It was early night vision system.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Interesting pirate eye patch theory - apparently the eye patch was worn over a good eye so when boarding an enemy vessel and going into the hold of the ship, which would have been pitch black, they would lift the eye patch and have an eye accustomed to the dark. It was early night vision system.

Funny I never heard of this myth until it was done on Mythbusters.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here's a 70's theme. Wireforms and all.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1134 6 years ago

That's the Revolution! Love that ride....

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember my Mom taking my sister and I to see this. I was so freaked out by the ending. I think it still bothers me. Magic mountain in the 70's was amazing.

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

possibly David Thiel on audio (not sure if he is but he did do the audio for TH) POTC could be one hell of a fun game.

Yes, I've been working like a madman on JJP#4. See you at Expo.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Can you give us a hint? Some nugget, pieces of 8, a toy by chance?

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

That game is going to be crazy great !

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Magic mountain in the 70's was amazing.

Remember when they only had three rollercoasters? Revolution, Gold Rusher, and the Mountain Express? It still seemed more fun than Disneyland at the time.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Remember when they only had three rollercoasters? Revolution, Gold Rusher, and the Mountain Express? It still seemed more fun than Disneyland at the time.

I do- Remember the spinning barrel with rubber spikes that would come up? And what a big deal when Colossus was built.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Remember the spinning barrel with rubber spikes that would come up?

The Spin Out where if somebody barfed it came back and hit them in the face. They just took that out a few years ago.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Spin Out where if somebody barfed it came back and hit them in the face. They just took that out a few years ago.

Loved the spin out. The goal was to try and get as high up on the wall as possible, while the operator kept yelling "keep your feet on the ground". Always preferred Magic Mountain over Disneyland.

#1143 6 years ago

Yes, the classic monsters. Hard to imagine they can't figure out a King Kong pinball machine would sell a ton!

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Always preferred Magic Mountain over Disneyland.

I was really bummed when they took out the Log Jammer a few years ago. I always loved to do some Log Jamming.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, the classic monsters. Hard to imagine they can't figure out a King Kong pinball machine would sell a ton!

And how many pinball machines does it take to make a ton????

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And how many pinball machines does it take to make a ton????

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Before they ruined it.

Quoted from o-din:

Mountain Express was basically a Schwarzkopf Wildcat. They still have that ride at some large fairs. Schwarzkopf had great coasters.

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before they ruined it.

oops, always check you are referring to the right game before posting a snarky comment

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before they ruined it.

They ruined it when they put those shoulder restraints that beat the crap out of your ears. But I hear they are gone now.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Mountain Express was basically a Schwarzkopf Wildcat.

That thing was so fun. I heard it got moved to Mexico.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#1150 6 years ago

think one of my sterns just went up in value!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/23?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.