FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 76.
#1001 6 years ago

Post 1000 just to say, I think Stargate will have an influence on the game.

Edit: Drat, post 1001.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Those models don't bother me because it is the same game (layout and rules). All you are choosing to buy or not is bling, cabinet art . . . Nothing I give a crap about.
I like to play pinball and not stare at them (or flip them for profit). I hate having to decide if it is worth the money for ramps and rule changes.

Agree when it comes to LE's. JJP actually still justifies the LE price difference unlike the latest Stern games. However, I don't like the collectors / super LE type editions and find that they come across as a money grab.

If a company is going to offer an LE model then that should be the too end model...not another even more expensive model. Just my opinion.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

One more week! Hope you guys are as excited as I am.

My guess is that the game will have a lot of motors in it.

#1004 6 years ago

Seriously can't wait. This game is going to be sweet. One long week to go.

I personally like the multiple options as far as let, super le, special edition. Just buy the one that appeals most to you. Variety is good, and yes, I appreciate jjp keeping same play field on all models.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My guess is that the game will have a lot of motors in it.

My guess it will have 4 legs. Stern...not so sure

#1006 6 years ago

Maybe #4 really is Back to the Future and JJP has rented a BTFF style Delorean that Jack and Eric pull up in dressed as Marty and The Doc? Hey it could happen, lol.

#1007 6 years ago

Amazing there is still doubt as to what the machine is.....

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe #4 really is Back to the Future and JJP has rented a BTFF style Delorean that Jack and Eric pull up in dressed as Marty and The Doc? Hey it could happen, lol.

If its BTTF, hell yeah! Count me in!

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If its BTTF, hell yeah! Count me in!

Me too. It's my density.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me too. It's my density.

I already have this topper!

preview_HTDelorean (resized).jpgpreview_HTDelorean (resized).jpg

#1011 6 years ago

Goonies or BTTF would be a 'take my money now' situation for me.

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I already have this topper!

His leg is burning up!!

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

His leg is burning up!!

DeLoreans are rear wheel drive, so the flames should not be there anyway. Stupid artists.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

DeLoreans are rear wheel drive, so the flames should not be there anyway. Stupid artists.

I thought the flames were from the friction of traveling through time. I don't think the wheels were spinning at 88 MPH.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Please, please don't let Stern do Willy Wonka. Oh hell nooooo!!!!!

This reminds me of how i felt when i heard that Stern had supposedly acquired The Princess Bride license.

princess bride ultimate suffering gif (resized).pngprincess bride ultimate suffering gif (resized).png

#1016 6 years ago

Is it a more generic no Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean?

#1017 6 years ago

Its all just smoke and mirrors to cover up the real game:

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its all just smoke and mirrors to cover up the real game:
» YouTube video

A Clockwork Orange?

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

My guess it will have 4 legs. Stern...not so sure

Stern will soon offer:
Two on the Pro,
Three for the Premium
And you get all four legs
on the LE

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

And you get all four legs
on the LE

This is almost correct. You'll get your choice of legs.

#1021 6 years ago

Just last night I saw a delorean with all the BTTF add ons, the license plate and the driver dressed as the Doc driving over the 59th street bridge here in NY.

I took it as sign that this will be the next JJP.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping there is only one model and they get rid of the collectors edition and limited edition and only offer one version

Why? Do you care about these editions? No. So?
Let people spend More money for some extras and other to buy at cheapest cost first and upgrade later.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Just last night I saw a delorean with all the BTTF add ons, the license plate and the driver dressed as the Doc driving over the 59th street bridge here in NY.
I took it as sign that this will be the next JJP.

Would definitely need some doc callous lol

sv8wn (resized).jpgsv8wn (resized).jpg

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I thought the flames were from the friction of traveling through time. I don't think the wheels were spinning at 88 MPH.

I can't believe we're discussing this, but I'll try to recreate it. Please excuse the crudity of my model.

model (resized).jpgmodel (resized).jpg

#1025 6 years ago

I'm at expo. Just snuck backstage. I don't care if I get banned, but I saw it and it's...Toys of the Caribbean.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree when it comes to LE's. JJP actually still justifies the LE price difference unlike the latest Stern games. However, I don't like the collectors / super LE type editions and find that they come across as a money grab.
If a company is going to offer an LE model then that should be the too end model...not another even more expensive model. Just my opinion.

I agree...the only companies that actually seem to offer "value" for LE's is JJP and CGC. For both DI and and AFMR the LE's had value over the standard offerings...although I am guilty of purchasing Stern LE's I won't be doing this in the future.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

it's...Toys of the Caribbean.

That has always been a dream theme of mine.

06e77b70f1205d6bccdeffc40c2da871 (resized).jpg06e77b70f1205d6bccdeffc40c2da871 (resized).jpg

#1028 6 years ago

whatever it ends up being I am confident it will be done well. WOZ, TH, and DI are in a different league with CGC a close second. Could you imagine if JJP had the star wars license....I am sure it would have cost $10K, but it would have been off the charts....

#1029 6 years ago

going to need to hide some cash. wife still thinks these are 5-6k toys.

(and prior to that "discussion" she thought they were 1-2k)

ps - happily married 20 years

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Could you imagine if JJP had the star wars license.

Do you think they really want to go down that same outdated movie theme road that some of the other pinball makers are going?

Edit- oops

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do you think they really want to go down that same outdated movie theme road that some of the other pinball makers are going?

Doesn't really matter as long as the game is fun, and built with quality.....I think movie themes are great if they are done well. WOZ, TH are both great and a lot of fun to play. DI was an original theme that is frankly incredible. Its nice to have a company thats taking pinball to the next level.

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

DI was an original theme that is frankly incredible. Its nice to have a company thats taking pinball to the next level.

I agree. That shows me they are progressing past the need to do another old movie theme.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I agree. That shows me they are progressing past the need to do another old movie theme.

There's a fear that unlicensed games won't be successful with operators, either due to their hesitance to put them out there or because they might actually see less play. I get it, and it makes sense. I just wish that location play was healthy enough to make this an unfounded fear.

#1034 6 years ago

Good, T'm glad they are not making their theme choices by what pinside would like. That would truly doom the future of pinball.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

There's a fear that unlicensed games won't be successful with operators, either due to their hesitance to put them out there or because they might actually see less play. I get it, and it makes sense. I just wish that location play was healthy enough to make this an unfounded fear.

Totally makes sense....I'm betting that they won't take that risk for a while? who knows if I'm right or wrong? time will tell....

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is almost correct. You'll get your choice of legs.

In that case I'll take
the Charlize Theron model

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That has always been a dream theme of mine.

Ha! I remember building that model!

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good, T'm glad they are not making their theme choices by what pinside would like. That would truly doom the future of pinball.

How about Doom Pinball?

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Ha! I remember building that model!

And this one? lol.

I hope if they do make another POTC pinball machine, it has nothing to do with the movies and pays a better tribute to the ride.

ee0e3e13d39ab58f0dbca4248e3eeac7 (resized).jpgee0e3e13d39ab58f0dbca4248e3eeac7 (resized).jpg

#1040 6 years ago

ps - happily married 20 years

...and out of 35,
that ain't bad...

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

In that case I'll take
the Charlize Theron model

This one??

MonsterBWP_468x413 (resized).jpgMonsterBWP_468x413 (resized).jpg

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And this one? lol.
I hope if they do make another POTC pinball machine, it has nothing to do with the movies and pays a better tribute to the ride.

I actually think one based on the ride would be fantastic. I just can't see it happening, but that would be pretty cool.

#1043 6 years ago

It would be awesome! Do the whole Disneyland since you are already working them for the license.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

JJP # 4- The Legend of Zelda

My heart would explode, and I'd literally sell every game in my collection to fund it.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And this one? lol.

Agreed. Movie does nothing for me but the ride would be hard to resist. I grew up on that thing and have been on it many many times.

#1047 6 years ago

I want to see pinballs racing around a miniature Matterhorn mountain.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#1048 6 years ago

Dear lord...NO!
More like her J'adore commercials. Yes indeed.

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would be awesome! Do the whole Disneyland since you are already working them for the license.

See Post #324 from a year ago on similar Stern thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/7

#1050 6 years ago

It would be perfect. A family friendly licensed theme that everybody is familiar with, but not based on a TV show, movie, or band.

And all the characters and attractions it needs.

19491poster (resized).jpg19491poster (resized).jpg

Edit-oops wrong castle. It should be the original Disneyland as there is only so much room on a playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/21?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.