Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 76.
#901 2 years ago

We all (eventually) gave DI a chance so a JJP pirate pin will be easy to swallow. But if there's a picture of a mom-jeaned pirate holding up a cell phone all over it I'm going to lose it

#902 2 years ago

I wanted Harry Potter last year.
I want Harry Potter this year, and I'm going to want Harry Potter next year.
Let's just do it, pay the licensing.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

At the Expo Fireside Chat in Chicago on I think Thursday the 12th and yes, it will be live streamed.

If JJP are reading this, please invest in a half decent streaming PC (something like an AMD Ryzen 1700 base - 8 core 16 thread - with at least 16GB of memory), a couple of camcorders and a capture card, if you have not already, and familiarise yourselves with xSplit / OBS / vMix (vMix probably the best for this kind of application).

A good looking stream on Twitch, then archived to YouTube would more than pay for the time, effort and expenditure in positive PR and immediate intent to buy & deposits.

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If JJP are reading this, please invest in a half decent streaming PC (something like an AMD Ryzen 1700 base - 8 core 16 thread - with at least 16GB of memory), a couple of camcorders and a capture card, if you have not already, and familiarise yourselves with xSplit / OBS / vMix (vMix probably the best for this kind of application).
A good looking stream on Twitch, then archived to YouTube would more than pay for the time, effort and expenditure.

Agree. Easier would be to call up an experienced streamer like deadflip to set it all up in exchange for some exclusive time with new release or whatever.

We are all rooting for you JJP - hit it out of the park with this one!

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wanted Harry Potter last year.
I want Harry Potter this year, and I'm going to want Harry Potter next year.
Let's just do it, pay the licensing.

Though it's been said many times, many ways... here it is again: JK Rowling does not like pinball and does not want HP licensed to a pinball machine. This is a well documented fact, otherwise Stern or JJP or someone would have gotten it done.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Agree. Easier would be to call up an experienced streamer like deadflip to set it all up in exchange for some exclusive time with new release or whatever.
We are all rooting for you JJP - hit it out of the park with this one!

It's less than rocket science. They should set it up themselves in order to understand what they're doing. Also, revealing it like this should be an in house thing.

#907 2 years ago

I agree, I mean someone experienced set it up for them to use for themselves (consultant). Then at later time the streamer could have time with machine say.

Basically we are all saying the same thing. In 2017, it's important to do reveals correctly so invest the time and $ to do it right JJP. We are all behind you.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Best idea yet!

#909 2 years ago

Totally agree, Have DeadFlip Live Stream it

#910 2 years ago

They should be able to make a better widebody now that Pat is on board. I imagine he's helping Eric tweak the shots to make them feel good. I know he Pat helped out a little on the Hobbit but it was right at the end of development and all he could do is open up the shot to the pops.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

A good looking stream on Twitch, then archived to YouTube would more than pay for the time, effort and expenditure in positive PR and immediate intent to buy & deposits.

I don't think the hardware was the main problem. I think it was that they were using the same (overloaded) wireless internet everyone else was using to stream and there was simply not enough bandwidth. They need a landline/cable hookup so they have their own bandwidth, and ideally a preproduced video that is shown in the room, but made public live on Youtube at the same time. That would alleviate 90% of the issues from last years disastrous reveal.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That would alleviate 90% of the issues from last years disastrous reveal.

You really think BANDWIDTH was the problem with that reveal?

Anyway they've hopefully learned their lesson.

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You really think BANDWIDTH was the problem with that reveal?
Anyway they've hopefully learned their lesson.

I don't think it was the only problem, but it certainly made it a LOT worse if you were watching the pixelated, stuttering, low-res, and dropping out stream. The whole thing needed to be revamped and REHEARSED. There was lots of rambling and forgetting to point out important features. They also had volume problems. A slick, produced video, rehearsed presentation, and hard internet line this year will fix the lion's share of what was wrong last time around.

#914 2 years ago

LATE BREAKING EXPO NEWS!!!

Jersey Jack Pinball

JJP will reveal their 4th game on Thurs. night at their seminar. Afterwards they will have 5 of their new machines in the vendor hall available for play along with Dialed In Wizard of Oz, and The Hobbit.

Few days left

#915 2 years ago

I'm definitely curious on the next release, but figure we will know when we know. As such I haven't stayed up on this real well, but why does the heavy favorite seem to be Pirates when I thought Jack said they wouldn't do a theme that had done before? Did he change his tune?

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

I'm definitely curious on the next release, but figure we will know when we know. As such I haven't stayed up on this real well, but why does the heavy favorite seem to be Pirates when I thought Jack said they wouldn't do a theme that had done before? Did he change his tune?

Quite a while ago an alleged ex-JJP employee leaked that a "cell phone game", Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, and Muppets were in the pipeline for JJP. The original post got deleted, but that's where the information that's been repeated in various forms since then came from. Since they were right about Dialed In, people are assuming they were legit and the rest was correct, too.

#918 2 years ago

Not interested in a Disney pirate theme, but JJP can make a non starter theme into a fun pinball game. So reserving all judgement till seeing gameplay.

#919 2 years ago

I went on the Dialed In ride last year, where I went from thinking it was a total dog to being an owner, so I won't be so quick to dismiss any future games. But I hope they've figured out a better way to reveal the title to better sell it and capture the excitement.

#920 2 years ago

They need to show a commercial of the game before the initial release.

#921 2 years ago

Who says Pirates, has to be Disney? I hope its all original pirate theme and has nothing to do with Disney. If it does, might be good to. I couldnt of been more let down by a cell phone game last year. But, its a damn fun good game.

#922 2 years ago

Now that I have accepted that it will likely be Pirates, I think I can get behind that. My family loves those movies (at least 2-3 of them) and with great music and hours of footage to take well-done visuals and call-outs from, it will actually probably be pretty awesome. It could potentially (likely?) have sound and visuals superior to The Hobbit and if the game play is on par with Dialed In, it would probably rival even WOZ; which is my personal favorite game.

As far as Toy Story, I guess I can see why some people would be interested in that; I'm just not interested personally. If you want a family-friendly cartoon theme that has widespread appeal, you probably can't choose better than that.

Muppets? My initial reaction is WTF? But then I imagine a little box seat in the back corner with a little LCD playing Statler and Waldorf scenes and I think that alone could sell me. Damn you JJP! I can't keep spending all this money on your LEs!

#923 2 years ago

Buffalo Pinball will be streaming it. They have a great quality stream!

Buffalo pinball reveal! (resized).png

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Buffalo Pinball will be streaming it. They have a great quality stream!

Awesome, that's great to hear.

#925 2 years ago

I'm super happy the Buffalo guys are going to stream the game!! Much better than using periscope!

#926 2 years ago

Are ya'll ready for this!

We will rock you!

Turn the lights down, introduce the players like they do at a basketball game

Get the music pumping in the room!!!!

Build the excitement. Overcoming the huge dork factor is important.

Then get us a beautiful stream. I was unsold last time from day one

SELL ME!

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A game themed after the Disneyland ride from 1967? I'm not sure I understand the overall want for something like this, but I can see the possibilities

If we're going for Disneyland rides, how about "Adventures Through Inner Space" brought to you by Monsanto.
Rode on that a bunch of times because it didn't require any tickets. Monsanto's sponsorship covered the fare.

Loved Space Mountain, but those fricken E tickets were expensive. I think we pooled all our cheaper tickets to ride it or something like that. IDK, my memory is hazy. That was my 5th birthday in September 1977. It was good to be a really tall 5 year old. Barely made the height requirement and hung on for dear life. But I digress.

#928 2 years ago

Though it's been said many times, many ways... here it is again: JK Rowling does not like pinball and does not want HP licensed to a pinball machine. This is a well documented fact, otherwise Stern or JJP or someone would have gotten it done.

Nothing is as constant as change. Maybe, just maybe Jack can get to her and see if she will budge on this issue. People can and do change their minds. Maybe after what he has done with WoZ, TH, and or PoTC she can see the fun in this new generation of pinball? I guess what I am saying is just because a number of years ago she said no does it mean it is dead forever.

HP is the holy grail theme right now. The first pinball vendor that grabs that title will sell thousands sight unseen. IMO, Still worth chasing.

#929 2 years ago

There will be FIVE (5!) JJP #4s at expo to play after the reveal!

Wish I was going to expo.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Nothing is as constant as change. Maybe, just maybe Jack can get to her and see if she will budge on this issue. People can and do change their minds. Maybe after what he has done with WoZ, TH, and or PoTC she can see the fun in this new generation of pinball? I guess what I am saying is just because a number of years ago she said no does it mean it is dead forever.
HP is the holy grail theme right now. The first pinball vendor that grabs that title will sell thousands sight unseen. IMO, Still worth chasing.

Her twitter is @jk_rowling. Can't hurt if pinball fans start asking her for Harry Potter pinball.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I don't think the hardware was the main problem. I think it was that they were using the same (overloaded) wireless internet everyone else was using to stream and there was simply not enough bandwidth. They need a landline/cable hookup so they have their own bandwidth, and ideally a preproduced video that is shown in the room, but made public live on Youtube at the same time. That would alleviate 90% of the issues from last years disastrous reveal.

yup, wifi in the hotel sucked. I streamed fine via Facebook though on multi 4G!

Neil.

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Can't hurt if pinball fans start asking her for Harry Potter pinball.

Yes it can then someone might actually make one.

JJP#4 Blade Runner
JJP#5 Funhouse 2

That would be great.

#934 2 years ago

I thought road show was funhouse 2

No. It would have to a Rudy on it, back to the amusement park and darker, I think it would be great.

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yes it can then someone might actually make one.
JJP#4 Blade Runner
JJP#5 Funhouse 2
That would be great.

Agree, they would be awesome..

#936 2 years ago

Grown men playing Toy story pinball, I hope they don't release that one.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A game themed after the Disneyland ride from 1967? I'm not sure I understand the overall want for something like this, but I can see the possibilities

Apparently they made some movies based on this Disneyland dark ride?

#938 2 years ago

Don't forget to come see us at Expo after the announcement and get your deposit in for your next JJP Game,
I have a couple of DI LE's Available as well as couple of open box show games (Woz, Hobbit) for sale that can be brought to the show if someone is interested.
See ya soon.

Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
219-924-PINS (7467) phone
219-808-6063 phone or text
Jesse T

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

They were using Periscope on a (poorly) handheld phone IIRC ... it was a joke.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Grown men playing Spiderman, Avengers, Batman, Iron Man, all superhero themes: I think those are really all movies for (a bit older) kids as well. You can enjoy them as an adult, but I don't think most superhero movies are that much more mature than movies aimed at younger kids. I never understand the 'that theme is just for kids' when we're talking about a game like pinball.
Thankfully I don play pinball for the theme, but for the game itself. And a bit of recognition can be nice indeed, but it's not like I'm playing pinball so I can feel mature and grown up. How many real 'adult themes' are there anyway? A smaller part of all pinballs I think. Of the latest pinball Big Lebowski comes to my mind first. Full Throttle, music/band-games, GOT....not really that great part of all themes.

More ontopic: great to see a new game in less than 2 weeks!

#941 2 years ago

Growm men play WOZ
Grown men play TMNT
ETC.

#942 2 years ago

Better than playing 'Frozen'

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Growm men play WOZ
Grown men play TMNT
ETC.

Yeah but this guy is a grown man, not a valid argument.

untitled (resized).png

#944 2 years ago

I'm a grown man wanting a toy story, and better yet I'm a grown man with children who would LOVE playing it with me.

I'm all in on toy story!!!!

#945 2 years ago

Pinball is full of "grown man" themes. I say shake things up a bit.

#946 2 years ago

Muppets!

#947 2 years ago

Hoping for Welcome Back Kotter

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Hoping for Welcome Back Kotter

Yeah, right.
Why not wish for "Good Times" or better yet...
"What's Happening"

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yeah, right.
"What's Happening"

Rerun multi-ball.

Count me in.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Yeah, right.
"What's Happening"

How about a "Happy Days" with a toy Fonz jumping a toy shark??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside