FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 76.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Forgive my ignorance, but where is everyone getting the idea that it's going to be PotC?

It was leaked a couple of years ago by a disgruntled ex-JJP employee. This was before DI was revealed or the theme was known and the guy predicted that JJP3 would be a cell-phone game and accurately described some of the features so everybody naturally assumes he was right about POTC and Toy Story being the next 2 games as well.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Forgive my ignorance, but where is everyone getting the idea that it's going to be PotC?

There was a leak a long time ago that said Dialed In, PotC, and Toy Story. It was deleted, but that's pretty much where the title rumors have come from for the last 2 years or so.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

It was leaked a couple of years ago by a disgruntled ex-JJP employee. This was before DI was revealed or the theme was known and the guy predicted that JJP3 would be a cell-phone game and accurately described some of the features so everybody naturally assumes he was right about POTC and Toy Story being the next 2 games as well.

So, no Rick and Morty....?

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There was a leak a long time ago that said Dialed In, PotC, and Toy Story. It was deleted, but that's pretty much where the title rumors have come from for the last 2 years or so.

Also, Muppets.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, Muppets.

Oh, right. Forgot about that one.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Can you say that it at least will "likely" will be revealed at Chicago Expo?

Thursday night

IMG_1288 (resized).JPGIMG_1288 (resized).JPG

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm sure (I hope, at least) JJP has done their homework and demographic based focus groups to find a theme that would maximize both the sales of their units, and operator profits, but I have a hard time believing that PotC would be it.

What in their first three releases, makes you think that they have done any market research at all?

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

What in their first three releases, makes you think that they have done any market research at all?

Why is it when I read your posts, I hear Negan saying it ?

LTG : )

1 week later
#859 6 years ago

Looks like the reveal has been officially announced for Thursday night at Expo! I'm hoping the rumor of POTC is wrong but it could turn out to be awesome.

#860 6 years ago

I say try to have an open mind. If it is POTC or Toy Story and you are not really into that theme/franchise, you should still give the game a chance.

There are plenty of pins that I love but hate the theme. Lots of people couldn't believe the theme of Dialed In and were immediately turned off by it, but after playing it realized it was an awesome game with cool shots, toys, and rules.

I hope it is not Toy Story or PoTC, but I will be excited for a new (JJP) pinball machine no matter what. They put out badass quality games.

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks like the reveal has been officially announced for Thursday night at Expo! I'm hoping the rumor of POTC is wrong but it could turn out to be awesome.

Looking forward to the reveal! Let's hope that JJP puts some more showmanship around this reveal and has a better live stream then last years Dialed In reveal.

Dim the lights, turn on the fog machine, have some crazy light show. Jack introduces the JJP team members and then takes the cover off the game while he says "ladies and gentlemen I present to you Jersey Jack Pinballs 4th title....". Then boom, some pyrotechnic flames go off behind the game. Something like that, well maybe not the pyrotechnics part, lol.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to the reveal! Let's hope that JJP puts some more showmanship around this reveal and has a better live stream then last years Dialed In reveal.
Dim the lights, turn on the fog machine, have some crazy light show. Jack introduces the JJP team members and then takes the cover off the game while he says "ladies and gentlemen I present to you Jersey Jack Pinballs 4th title....". Something like that, lol.

Last years reveal could not have gone worse. The audible sound of groaning when he announced the price was cringe worthy.

#863 6 years ago

I'm really pumped to see this. I'm really looking at all my options for another game currently, and considering several newer Stern's, but I know I would prefer a jjp. Money is my only concern at this point. Hoping this game blows everybody away.

#864 6 years ago

Did JJP/Expo stream the reveal last year? Anyone at JJP thinking about streaming this via Twitch?

Edit:

Quoted from bobukcat:

Where did it get officially revealed?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Did JJP/Expo stream the reveal last year? Anyone at JJP thinking about streaming this via Twitch?

It was a DISASTER. Bad planning for the stream, stuttering, pixelated video because the wireless internet was overloaded at Expo and they didn't send it out on a wired internet that was just for them. I'm HOPING JJP has a produced video like the one the eventually made for The Hobbit and Dialed In and can cut to that (and link to a Youtube video made public at the same time) in the reveal, then come back and pull the sheet off the real machine.

Despite the lame reveal, I trusted in JJP and got us in line for Dialed In with a deposit that day, but I know a LOT of people that were turned off by that presentation and didn't order. Many of them came around once people got more time on the actual machine, but the JJP Dialed In launch did them no favors at all.

#866 6 years ago

I'm sure there will be a professionally produced video like the ones for Hobbit and DI but it won't be at the reveal - I'd be very surprised at any rate.

#867 6 years ago

Really, the reveal is the absolute best place to play a trailer. Their trailers are corny, but really cool at the same time. Hoping they nail this both on the reveal and the game.

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'm sure there will be a professionally produced video like the ones for Hobbit and DI but it won't be at the reveal - I'd be very surprised at any rate.

I dunno. It's not like they CAN'T get a produced video done in time for reveal. Just imagine if they took the stage, thanked everyone for coming and said "without further ado" and cut to this video at the Dialed In reveal:

...then pulled the sheet off the machine when the lights came up.

I think the reaction would have been a LOT different at Expo had that happened. Hoping they learned from last year and that's what they do this year. And while the lights are down and the trailer plays, have all the JJP employees present put on pirate eye patches if they're announcing PotC, then act like nothing's changed when the lights come up.

Regardless, we're probably in, either way.

#869 6 years ago

Please no Toy Story...

And no POTC would be nice too...but better than Toy Story.

But I'm sure it is one of those unfortunately.

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Please no Toy Story...
And no POTC would be nice too...but better than Toy Story.
But I'm sure it is one of those unfortunately.

I'd love a Harry Potter, but I'm resigned to be fine with Toy Story or PotC.

#871 6 years ago

With all of the POTC films in the movie franchise, its not a bad idea to build a new game based on it.
JJP would make an amazing game out of the great sound and music available.
It would be awesome if done.

Unfortunately, POTC is not for me. I think its too tired a title for the effort.

Now if it were Rick and Morty...

JJP would already have my money sight unseen.

#872 6 years ago

I'm confident it's potc, and I'm anxious to see it. Money is my only issue. If toy story, I will definitely be in. May just be in on the next two. We'll know soon hopefully.

#873 6 years ago

This is the same crap the happens when Dialed in was going to be released. People kept saying 'i hope its isnt' or 'I hope it is' etc etc.
Then when it is revealed people where nothing but disappointing by the theme. Yes it was JJPs fault but I am not sure why people put so much value on theme. Each to their own on that.

Then a year later the machine fucking kicks so much ass. It is reliable. It is fun. The rules are insanely good and it was RELEASED WITH COMPLETE SOFTWARE.

Does that not mean anything to some people?
Batman is 1 year old and it still is incomplete.
If you wanted an LE you had to buy one without seeing it. If you wanted a Super LE you had to pretty much beg to buy one. Meanwhile JJP had the game there to play! Right after the reveal.

Anyway.
It's Pirates. Ok. Its based on all 5 movies. It has a LOT of stuff in there. Like all JJP games.
So stop wishing it was something else!! Because it isn't. It isn't a trick. It's Pirates. It's pirates! I wish they would just say it was pirates to get all of the unnecessary chatter about the theme out of the way early so people can actually concentrate on the pinball machine behind the theme when its revealed.

Just enjoy the reveal for what it is. If you don't like the theme then get all your disappointment out of the way early, trust me you will be a lot happier!

#874 6 years ago

I hear you, Falcon, I do. I think people are having fun speculating, that's all. It's fun to guess what it might be and wish for what you'd like it to be even though it's the worst kept secret out there. One thing I don't really get is the negativity toward Toy Story, which, while I am too old to have grown up with it, can recognize as a money license worthy of challenging WOZ in terms of potential sales numbers. That said, the reveal should be fun and I hope everyone likes the game.

#875 6 years ago

It's Breaking Bad

#876 6 years ago

If #4 is a loaded wide body POTC based on all 5 films with a deep objective based Keith Johnson ruleset that sounds pretty awesome. The game will need to have a fairly interactive toy to top the ship in Sterns game.

#877 6 years ago

Exited to see what JJP unveils at Expo; hopefully it won’t involve a scrolling PDF file this time.

...May the odds be ever in your favor.

#878 6 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal. Pretty sure this will be my next pin purchase unless they introduce another price increase. If they do that my money will go to Houdini, or AFMr.

#879 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I hear you, Falcon, I do. I think people are having fun speculating, that's all. It's fun to guess what it might be and wish for what you'd like it to be even though it's the worst kept secret out there. One thing I don't really get is the negativity toward Toy Story, which, while I am too old to have grown up with it, can recognize as a money license worthy of challenging WOZ in terms of potential sales numbers. That said, the reveal should be fun and I hope everyone likes the game.

I think Toy Story is an amazing theme to draw off. Colourful and fun. But after Ghostbusters nothing is an instant buy for me. Nothing. No theme. 0.

I think that pumping up a theme leads to complacency. If you want proof then swap Dialed in theme with star wars. Dialed in layout with the star wars theme. Best selling pinball in the last 15 years. Then put Dialed In theme on star wars layout and you have the worlds most undesirable machine.

I love speculating as well. But its Pirates, so if we change the speculation to what is on a pirates playfield instead of 'I hope its Pirates' it would probably be a lot more fun! Yes there is a ship. No, its not a copy of Sterns toy, its very different!

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think Toy Story is an amazing theme to draw off. Colourful and fun. But after Ghostbusters nothing is an instant buy for me. Nothing. No theme. 0.
I think that pumping up a theme leads to complacency. If you want proof then swap Dialed in theme with star wars. Dialed in layout with the star wars theme. Best selling pinball in the last 15 years. Then put Dialed In theme on star wars layout and you have the worlds most undesirable machine.
I love speculating as well. But its Pirates, so if we change the speculation to what is on a pirates playfield instead of 'I hope its Pirates' it would probably be a lot more fun! Yes there is a ship. No, its not a copy of Sterns toy, its very different!

Agree, it's 100% Pirates.

But, is it true no Depp anywhere in game? And will that matter?

#881 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm hoping the rumor of POTC is wrong but it could turn out to be awesome.

A game themed after the Disneyland ride from 1967? I'm not sure I understand the overall want for something like this, but I can see the possibilities

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A game themed after the Disneyland ride from 1967? I'm not sure I understand the overall want for something like this, but I can see the possibilities

If you're basing it on a pirates ride, the Shanghai Disney one that's an amalgam of the movies is the one you want.

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The LE comes with real skeletons..

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agree, it's 100% Pirates.
But, is it true no Depp anywhere in game? And will that matter?

That rumor started from 1 guy saying it on pinside in 1 thread.

Where do you want Depp to be? Call outs? Big face plastered on the playfield? A bash toy? On the LCD screen?

#885 6 years ago

It's a wide body!

#886 6 years ago

Potc or toy story are fine themes but the most important is gameplay/layout and what there is on the playfield, toys that interacts with ball. Finally, DI does not have any toy that interacts with ball (If i'm not wrong) and theme is lame
I hope to find soon a keeper from JJP.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Finally, DI does not have any toy that interacts with ball (If i'm not wrong)

It has plenty of things the interact with the ball. 5 magnets. The divertor that is stuck on the ladys arm a the back? A bash target that moves left and right.

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That rumor started from 1 guy saying it on pinside in 1 thread.
Where do you want Depp to be? Call outs? Big face plastered on the playfield? A bash toy? On the LCD screen?

Not sure I am bothered if it is Pirate themed game as opposed to following POTC story.

#889 6 years ago

I would be happy if Depp was nowhere on the game - he's been acting like a tool lately...and I find the concept of the game being based on the rides pretty intriguing. That never even occurred to me. It's a fresh take on the game, and I already have a POTC that's based on the movies.

#890 6 years ago

After being SO wrong about dialed-in, I've learned my lesson and not judging any JJP game before playing it.

Does a POTC game sound good? Def not but this is JJP! As long as it doesn't play like the snoozer that is the hobbit we'll be good. Also if it's more pirate themed than disney it will also be good.

#891 6 years ago

It's going to be based on all 5 potc movies, not the rides. It's going to be awesome. I'm just really curious if it is a widebody or not, and how true a rumor of no Depp could be. I can't imagine Depp clips, call outs, and images in the game. Like him or not, Jack Sparrow needs to be in it. That's Captain Jack Sparrow I mean. I wouldn't mind it being standard body again for a faster feel, and going widebody again for toy story.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It's going to be based on all 5 potc movies, not the rides. It's going to be awesome. I'm just really curious if it is a widebody or not, and how true a rumor of no Depp could be. I can't imagine Depp clips, call outs, and images in the game. Like him or not, Jack Sparrow needs to be in it. That's Captain Jack Sparrow I mean. I wouldn't mind it being standard body again for a faster feel, and going widebody again for toy story.

It's a wide body. Full stop.

#893 6 years ago

how sure are we that it's going to be a wide body?

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It has plenty of things the interact with the ball. 5 magnets. The divertor that is stuck on the ladys arm a the back? A bash target that moves left and right.

Not to get too off topic but DI is a great example of a game I really shouldn't like but do. For one I am generally not a fan of PL's games (I know that puts me on some people's ignore list immediately) and two I thought the theme was pretty stupid. But then I got to play the test game in Chicago a lot one day and really, really liked it except for a few things. Too many times when you start EMP mode the ball ejects SDTM from the scoop because the magnets move it - they need a ball save for that when it's $1 a game, same for the SDTMs from the plastic over the drops when the arm diverts the ball, the noise that's made from the left outlane kickback sounds like the fake knocker of death in Stern games (I just noticed this on the one I played in Detroit so maybe it's just that game or maybe it's a code revision but it is horrendous) and finally they need to ditch the selfie mode which is just stupid IMO. I'm not crazy about the idea of a POTC game (I haven't even watched the last two or three movies) but I'll definitely give it a fair shot once I get a chance to play it. Do we know who designed it??

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would be happy if Depp was nowhere on the game - he's been acting like a tool lately...and I find the concept of the game being based on the rides pretty intriguing. That never even occurred to me. It's a fresh take on the game, and I already have a POTC that's based on the movies.

That could very well happen. I swear I recall Jack saying that #4 or a future game "is and isn't an licensed theme" or something along those lines in an interview ways back. A POTC pin based off the overall Disney POTC theme versus the movies would fit that statement. Then again he could have been referring to Dialed In with JJP now being the license holder.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's a wide body. Full stop.

Sounds great to me. Load it up!

#896 6 years ago

Designed by Eric Meunier (his first design) with help from Pat and the rest of the Chicago team.

#897 6 years ago

I'd have far more interest if it were an original pirates theme inspired by PotC (PotC itself I abhor).

This in the same way Mars Attacks spawned Attack from Mars, Monty Python (and the Holy Grail) spawned Medieval Madness, Caddyshack spawned NGG and Teed Off etc etc. I don't think any of those or many others would have been a patch on what they are, if they had the licenses.

Guess two original themes in a row would be seen as too big a risk though.

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

how sure are we that it's going to be a wide body?

100%. Hence the full stop haha

#899 6 years ago

I'm perfectly fine with widebody games. I think jjp really packs them nicely. I'm curious if they plan on most of their games being widebody, or if it's strictly up to the designer. What date is the reveal scheduled and will it be live streamed again?

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm perfectly fine with widebody games. I think jjp really packs them nicely. I'm curious if they plan on most of their games being widebody, or if it's strictly up to the designer. What date is the reveal scheduled and will it be live streamed again?

At the Expo Fireside Chat in Chicago on I think Thursday the 12th and yes, it will be live streamed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/18?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.