FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 76.
#751 6 years ago

Harry Potter would be great.....I think toy story would be great as well....TS and HP would get a different generation into pinball...my kids would love it....in my current collection TH is really the only theme they fully appreciate....

#752 6 years ago

Toy Story is one of the best animated films of all time and I think would be a stellar pinball theme. The fact that the film references toys that many collectors would have owned during their own childhoods is an added bonus. Also the fact that many of us buy these expensive toys in order to fulfill some need to relive the simpler times of our youth ties directly into a central theme of the film itself. I think it could be magic if done with the approach that JJP is known for: pinball love first, then afterward profit (not the other way around).

#753 6 years ago

So is JJP gonna make games strictly for children from now on?

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... from now on?

I'm not detecting a change

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not detecting a change

I had actually changed the post from only to from now on.

#756 6 years ago

I have zero issues with JJP wanting to be a family friendly lineup company. There are plenty of other companies and options for adult oriented games. The jjp lineup at this early point is already stellar, and if potc and toy story are next, that's one heck of great collection IMO. I do understand some guys not being interested in some of those Family themes, but again, other options exist thankfully.

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So is JJP gonna make games strictly for children from now on?

Entirely family...broad market segment...smart on all accounts. So Yes I hope its a theme that would appeal to adults and kids.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Entirely family

What about dysfunctional families? Should they be left out?

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What about dysfunctional families? Should they be left out?

Never....actually might help

#760 6 years ago

I'm still hoping for a comprehensive Bond pin of all eras.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm still hoping for a comprehensive Bond pin of all eras.

Bond would be a great pin....

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have zero issues with JJP wanting to be a family friendly lineup company. There are plenty of other companies and options for adult oriented games. The jjp lineup at this early point is already stellar, and if potc and toy story are next, that's one heck of great collection IMO. I do understand some guys not being interested in some of those Family themes, but again, other options exist thankfully.

I think it is smart. Higher end pins "usually" need buy-in from the spouse. If the kids (adult kids or young kids) are on board with getting the pin too, it is a easier sell for HUO. If the theme is also a baby boomer era theme it can attract more business on location. POTC, Toy Story, & Harry Potter fit that demographic. Toy Story & Harry Potter would be even more attractive because those themes have not been done before. However ... my wife & I never saw the Hobbit movie, we played the pin, loved it, highly entertained with the theatrical and mode intense game play. We bought the pin, then watched the movie and figured out some of the pin from the storyline. DI we did not care for the theme. It has grown on us as a really fun pin to play on location. Now the JJP #4 pin will determine if we wait for it, or get a DI ... and maybe a JJP 4 later. Can't wait to see the JJP #4 reveal.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think it is smart. Higher end pins "usually" need buy-in from the spouse. If the kids (adult kids or young kids) are on board with getting the pin too, it is a easier sell for HUO. If the theme is also a baby boomer era theme it can attract more business on location. POTC, Toy Story, & Harry Potter fit that demographic. Toy Story & Harry Potter would be even more attractive because those themes have not been done before. However ... my wife & I never saw the Hobbit movie, we played the pin, loved it, highly entertained with the theatrical and mode intense game play. We bought the pin, then watched the movie and figured out some of the pin from the storyline. DI we did not care for the theme. It has grown on us as a really fun pin to play on location. Now the JJP #4 pin will determine if we wait for it, or get a DI ... and maybe a JJP 4 later. Can't wait to see the JJP #4 reveal.

I agree with this. I can respect a company that wants to be family oriented, and sticks with it even if someone complains about it. Imo, the themes they have done, along with the rumored licenses they have are all classic, timeless themes for the demographic age group that would have kids in the house still. The listed themes appeal to my age that grew up with these movies, and also appeals to our young kids. It's a great business model. I honestly look more forward to what a new jjp game will be vs any other companies release. I think that's due to the fact that jjp games are always packed, unique, and innovative. Also, the theme is usually something my whole family can relate to. I just expect jjp games to be great. I wish the price was more reasonable so I could get more, but I can understand the cost and value of what you're getting compared to other companies. You have no idea how much my family was hoping jjp would have gotten the SW license.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think prior to actually playing DI I had it in my head that the theme wasn't great. I am sure it was due to reading all the negative comments. That being said the theme is actually refreshing, and great. I now have an LE in my collection with zero regrets. It might be the best JJP pin to date (and I have all 3)...IMO DI is first, TH 2nd, WOZ 3rd....but all great games. I'm hoping to land #4 in the collection soon (right along with the Monster Mash remake )

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

The fact that the film references toys that many collectors would have owned during their own childhoods is an added bonus.

Imagine, a few years from now, the resale TS's with so many added mods you can barely see the playfield.

#766 6 years ago

If jjp#4 is toy story I have to admit I'll be a little sad. I'm sure it would still be a great game regardless of what it actually ends up being. Toy Story was a great cartoon but IMO it really would not interest me for a pin. I think kids are cool for pinball but again I just don't see them getting into pinball. I have two boys and the only way I can get them to drop their Xbox one controller to play pinball is to have a challenge with a prize. JJP is such a great pin company that all us guys just want a pin that is bad*** and not so G rated. Yes other companies make more adult pins but those other companies are not JJP but no disrespect to any other company at all just want a adult bad*** pin from JJP.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Yes other companies make more adult pins but those other companies are not JJP but no disrespect to any other company at all just want a adult bad*** pin from JJP.

At some point you're going to have to come to the conclusion that your taste and JJP's business model will probably never align. Based on everything Jack has said and done to date and the licenses that are rumored upcoming, I can't see JJP doing a more "adult" themed pin.

#768 6 years ago

I would be very dissapointed if toy story is JJP #4. POTC, Bond or Jaws for the win!

#769 6 years ago

Just saw this thread....without reading 15 pages, are they planning on showing it at expo?

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just saw this thread....without reading 15 pages, are they planning on showing it at expo?

Yes it's jaws with Iron Maiden music just like the last, *looks at Pinside join date,* 6 years worth of releases were.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes it's jaws with Iron Maiden music just like the last, *looks at Pinside join date,* 6 years worth of releases were.

Ha..thanks..I can now sleep tonight, knowing the truth....

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes. Basically same deal as Dialed In (though shooting for a better-produced reveal). Show at expo, ship the game late the following spring.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, maybe I'm just out of touch and Toy Story is a theme that would sell. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong...I know I would not be buying a Toy Story machine.

Ditto....WOZ is timeless, Toy Story not in the same league, theme wise. I had hoped JJP would have gotten SW, actually, as I would have instantly bought it.

Really don't have a good guess...just hoping it's a great theme as I was hoping to pick up JJP#3....not a chance there...

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Basically same deal as Dialed In (though shooting for a better-produced reveal). Show at expo, ship the game late the following spring.

That's good news....what do you think it is?

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto....WOZ is timeless, Toy Story not in the same league, theme wise. I had hoped JJP would have gotten SW, actually, as I would have instantly bought it.
Really don't have a good guess...just hoping it's a great theme as I was hoping to pick up JJP#3....not a chance there...

I like WOZ, but I think Toy Story would be a better theme.

That said - I doubt it will be Toy Story.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's good news....what do you think it is?

PotC or Toy Story are all that keep coming up. I'd be better with Toy Story than PotC, but I secretly hope they succeeded in getting Harry Potter, which would *almost* make up for Stern locking up Princess Bride.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have zero issues with JJP wanting to be a family friendly lineup company

I understand where you're coming from. but the bland family friendly themes don't have to be well so bland. Let's take Metallica as an example, if you turn off the adult content is there anything in that game that might turn off your wife or kids? I mean there is a snake on there but it's not really frightening. There are hundreds of themes that they can choose that will satisfy the adult collectors and let their families also enjoy it by having "PG" or even "G" rated Roms. I was thinking with SW, ST and Aliens license gone if Jack should ever get "The Matrix" or "Bladerunner" license we'd trip over ourselves to buy them. Heck, even "The Planet of the Apes" would be a slam dunk.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Let's take Metallica as an example, if you turn off the adult content is there anything in that game that might turn off your wife or kids? I mean there is a snake on there but it's not really frightening.

Well, given that the centerpiece of the game is a weird guy in an electric chair you're trying to kill, it's not frightening, but it is on the gross side, especially when his eyes blow out and drip off the screen. Or the snake pukes out the match numbers. Or some of the things that are said, even with adult mode off. It's a pretty aggressive theme. I'm cool with it (the eyes are a bit much, but...), but I'm sure a lot of families with pins wouldn't be.

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, given that the centerpiece of the game is a weird guy in an electric chair you're trying to kill, it's not frightening, but it is on the gross side, especially when his eyes blow out and drip off the screen. Or the snake pukes out the match numbers. Or some of the things that are said, even with adult mode off. It's a pretty aggressive theme. I'm cool with it (the eyes are a bit much, but...), but I'm sure a lot of families with pins wouldn't be.

True. I own Metallica and my kids love it, but it easily be offensive to some people. I can see how jjp wouldn't do a game like that, and that's ok.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That seems like a bad idea - why put DI sales at risk by announcing the next title 6 months in advance? Just announce it just before production.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That seems like a bad idea - why put DI sales at risk by announcing the next title 6 months in advance? Just announce it just before production.

who says they are not? reveal to production time has dropped dramatically between Hobbit to Dialed in. maybe they are looking at a reveal and then production "soon" afterward.

disclaimer: while i am a distributor (and the brother of the designer) i have no actual knowledge on this. i am just speculating that maybe they are getting faster at getting to production.

#782 6 years ago

If it has to be family friendly then I would enjoy an original theme based on Pirates or Haunted house, a new take on an amusement park theme(PL funhouse 2) or space/Aliens.
BTTF
Zelda
Looney Tunes
ET
I'm not a Harry Potter fan but seems like many pinsiders would enjoy that theme, why is that dingbat adverse to pinball? Its really stupid.

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If it has to be family friendly then I would enjoy an original theme based on Pirates or Haunted house, a new take on an amusement park theme(PL funhouse 2) or space/Aliens.
BTTF
Zelda
Looney Tunes
ET
I'm not a Harry Potter fan but seems like many pinsiders would enjoy that theme, why is that dingbat adverse to pinball? Its really stupid.

Man a Zelda pin would just be, wow. Nintendo will prob never let that happen.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There still seems to be significant demand for WOZ ...

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yep. I was interested in a NIB Standard WOZ but was told the assembly lines were being used primarily on DI. So I had to "settle" for a used ECLE (less than 200 plays) for a few hundred bucks less than a NIB Standard. Oh well.

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Jack re-upped the licensed some time before PAGG and said it always sells.

#787 6 years ago

Yup. Hobbit got its license renewed too but WOZ is outselling it by a big margin.

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What about dysfunctional families?

They are still families...

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I highly doubt the machine will be anything like their previous 3. All of them have been extremely dissimilar thus far. I don't think it's in their m.o. to recycle stuff.
That plus it's a new designer.

I just meant that The Hobbit game play leaves a lot to be desired compared to their other two pins. I didn't mean it would be similar game play, just similar QUALITY of game play. I like The Hobbit but it is inferior to WOZ and DI.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

WOZ had been in production for quite some time before Hobbit was announced. Dialed In has only been on the line for a couple of months. If I was them I'd ride the wave into the new year when the next game would be ready to ship in a week or two before announcing, to let DI sell as much as possible.

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just meant that The Hobbit game play leaves a lot to be desired compared to their other two pins. I didn't mean it would be similar game play, just similar QUALITY of game play. I like The Hobbit but it is inferior to WOZ and DI.

I couldn't disagree with you more...I have all three...definately prefer the TH to my WOZ RR....DI LE is still being evaluated

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I couldn't disagree with you more...I have all three...definately prefer the TH to my WOZ RR....DI LE is still being evaluated

You're not a big Lord of the Rings fan by any chance are you? Because...you know...that could seriously make you biased.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're not a big Lord of the Rings fan by any chance are you? Because...you know...that could seriously make you biased.

I am, because its a great game....I take you don't like those games....every one has an opinion...I just don't agree with yours

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I am, because its a great game....I take you don't like those games....every one has an opinion...I just don't agree with yours

WRONG! I loved LOTR but sold it because of the long ball times and because nobody was playing anymore (and because I was offered a nice price). Was in on a Hobbit order--twice!--because I'm a huge fan of JJP's games, but I found it to be a complete snoozer.

Love the books, the LOTR movies put me to sleep, but I like the Hobbit trilogy better. The theme is great on both games, but the gameplay is entirely different.

#795 6 years ago

Well I could be wrong, but heard it from the horses mouth so to say. It is POTC.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

WRONG! I loved LOTR but sold it because of the long ball times and because nobody was playing anymore (and because I was offered a nice price). Was in on a Hobbit order--twice!--because I'm a huge fan of JJP's games, but I found it to be a complete snoozer.
Love the books, the LOTR movies put me to sleep, but I like the Hobbit trilogy better. The theme is great on both games, but the gameplay is entirely different.

I hear ya...I enjoyed the LOTR Trilogy a lot (like Millions of people)...The Hobbit Trilogy was a bit cumbersome for, but none the less entertaining.....On the Hobbit game...out of all my games its the first game my kids turn ... turn the game to difficult settings, set the game up correctly and its AWESOME....that being said everyone is entitled to their own opinion...ours just don't align...I just sold my LOTR LE for great price, because I beat the game several times, and my kids didn't like it....plus I had to make room for the AFMR LE and the DI LE....

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Well I could be wrong, but heard it from the horses mouth so to say. It is POTC.

It's a pretty poorly kept secret.

#798 6 years ago

Yeah, the guy that posted about Dialed In two years ago before it got deleted also mentioned that POTC and Toy Story would follow, but I'm not sure how reliable his sources were. After all, his posts were deleted.

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It's a pretty poorly kept secret.

I agree, but the people saying toy story are semi correct, as that is the next one after potc. Let's hope they start pumping them out quickly.

#800 6 years ago

BladeRunner

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.00
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/16?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.