FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 76.
#651 6 years ago

POTC by the new guy

Toy Story by Pat

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

POTC by the new guy
Toy Story by Pat

Just as well since I would have that kind of cash again but I can;t think of a weaker title that POTC.

I mean obviously GNR but nothing after that

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just as well since I would have that kind of cash again but I can;t think of a weaker title that POTC.
I mean obviously GNR but nothing after that

Mmm, I can. Zingy Bingy would be a bad choice to produce. Probably the worst possible choice.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Toy Story by Pat

My favourite theme by my favourite designer - win-win!

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'll take that bet. I say it will not be.

And you'll downvote me for taking a well-meaning guess. Cheers!

#656 6 years ago

Back to the Future Trilogy please!!!

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

POTC by the new guy
Toy Story by Pat

Just need Jack to finally lock in Bond for title #5 and that's 3 JJP games I will struggle to not buy

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Back to the Future Trilogy please!!!

Absolutely! A new Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine by JJP would be incredible, especially with a deep objective based ruleset by Keith Johnson and all of the cool lighting effects the team could pull off with the platform.

Back to the Future is a huge license and is still incredibly popular like Ghostbusters.

Imagine an LE with armor made out brushed grade 304 stainless steel, the exact same grade of stainless used on the Delorean?! Then have the sides laser etched along with interior cabinet lighting (Stern Star Trek LE style) for time circuit lighting effects. Hot damn, take my money now!

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Absolutely! A new Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine by JJP would be incredible, especially with a deep objective based ruleset by Keith Johnson and all of the cool lighting effects the team could pull off with the platform.
Back to the Future is a huge license and is still incredibly popular like Ghostbusters.
Imagine an LE with armor made out brushed grade 304 stainless steel, the exact same grade of stainless used on the Delorean?! Then have the sides laser etched along with interior cabinet lighting (Stern Star Trek LE style) for time circuit lighting effects. Hot damn, take my money now!

Delorian, Flux capacitor, Clock tower and hover board toys.
Theme for the display could change based off what year (mode) you're currently in.

Tons of possibilities

#660 6 years ago

BTTF & Bond are two titles I wouldn't be able to resist, especially from JJP.

#661 6 years ago

If BTTF isn't a perfect license for a JJP game, I don't know what is ... it would almost certainly be a must-buy game for me.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Same here. They would be our first JJP games and neither would ever leave the house.

#663 6 years ago

I would vote for a Back to the Future by I think they could do very well with Pirates of the Caribbean also

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've said it a few times, but JJP had the bond license locked in. The only issue was they couldn't get the video assets for the movies, which obviously made it pointless. My guess is maybe there was an issue with the bond IP holder, and the assets the movie companies own. A total shame.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I've said it a few times, but JJP had the bond license locked in. The only issue was they couldn't get the video assets for the movies, which obviously made it pointless. My guess is maybe there was an issue with the bond IP holder, and the assets the movie companies own. A total shame.

I have heard a slightly different rumour from more than one source now, that it was only certain actors they couldn't get locked in and Jack is still working on it!?

#666 6 years ago

It "looks like" the JJP 4 reveal will be on Thursday 10/12 at 8:30PM if it is at EXPO. I wonder if they will bring multiple "playable" games like they did with DI last year. I hope so.

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It "looks like" the JJP 4 reveal will be on Thursday 10/12 at 8:30PM if it is at EXPO. I wonder if they will bring multiple "playable" games like they did with DI last year. I hope so.

I hope they have a fully produced video this time, learning from the Dialed In reveal disaster.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have heard a slightly different rumour from more than one source now, that it was only certain actors they couldn't get locked in and Jack is still working on it!?

Good, make it all Roger Moore he aint gonna complain. Hell make it straight "For Your Eyes Only" and skip all the rest of the fluff.

#669 6 years ago

Maybe JJP will really bust it open with J.K. Rowling doing the reveal of HP at Expo? Odds of that being the case?

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I heard it from a pretty direct source, but it was more along the lines of "we can get the bond license, but they wouldn't let us use video assets which obviously makes it a nonstarter". This was also months ago, so hopefully they are making progress. I know I would be in for sure!

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Maybe JJP will really bust it open with J.K. Rowling doing the reveal of HP at Expo? Odds of that being the case?

Odds on that happening, there's more chance Stern will announce a price decrease on the next title than J.K.R agreeing to a HP pin.

It's a shame as a lot of pinheads would love a HP pin but she is totally against the licence being used for pinball, slots, gambling, things she considers seedy.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from Caviar:

Poltergeist would be great ,this house is clean, he got bit, there here, cross over children

Go to the lit arrow Carol Anne!

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Odds on that happening, there's more of chance Stern will announce a price decrease on the next title than J.K.R agreeing to a HP pin.
It's a shame as a lot of pinheads would love a HP pin but she is totally against the licence being used for pinball, slots, gambling, things she considers seedy.

I have heard the same BUT I have heard that Jack is the ultimate salesman. Maybe he shared a couple pints with her and got her to sign on the dotted line while she was slurring her speech about the next Harry Potter book she is working on. Just maybe?

#674 6 years ago

I have heard the same BUT I have heard that Jack is the ultimate salesman. Maybe he shared a couple pints with her and got her to sign on the dotted line while she was slurring her speech about the next Harry Potter book she is working on. Just maybe?

If HP is to ever get done, it's less about selling a deal to her, she supposedly doesn't do anything anymore for the money, when your worth about $800 million I guess you don't need it

If it's to be sold to her now she needs to be shown what pinball has become which is now a lot of home buyers with families and children and it couldn't be further away from the "seedy gambling" view she has of it these days.

#675 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hope they have a fully produced video this time, learning from the Dialed In reveal disaster.

If you thought that reveal was a disaster, wait until all these people expecting Toy Story, James Bond or Harry Potter find out it's just another Pirates of the Carribean game.

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If you thought that reveal was a disaster, wait until all these people expecting Toy Story, James Bond or Harry Potter find out it's just another Pirates of the Carribean game.

Those people just need to be patient and wait for titles beyond POTC

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If it is POTC, I think JJP could do a really good job with it. There are tons of material, the soundtracks are legacy, God know there gobs of prop options and the Voice overs could be a real hoot. Couple that with some nice artwork and some awesome LCD work and I really think you could have a winner. I just hope it is more WoZ like. I thought TH was too open of a pin for the money.

Time will tell.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

when your worth about $800 million I guess you don't need it

I'll let you know after I win the powerball lottery tonight.

LTG : )

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it's to be sold to her now she needs to be shown what pinball has become which is now a lot of home buyers with families and children and it couldn't be further away from the "seedy gambling" view she has of it these days.

That's a hard sell for some of the older people (I'm 45). A friend recently tried to open a pinball club/arcade and was shot down by the property owner. The owner still thought it would bring down the area, and there is already a vapor store there...

I would LOVE a HP pin.

I'm excited to see what JJP4 is. Love my WOZ, but was disappointed in Hobbit and DI so would like to get another JJP eventually.

#680 6 years ago

Harry Potter...YEAH!
Back to the Future...Yep.
Pirates of the Caribbean...meh.
Bond, Toy Story, Muppets...yuck.

Of course I thought DI was a disaster theme (heh) but I love it now.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Harry Potter...YEAH!
Back to the Future...Yep.
Pirates of the Caribbean...meh.
Bond, Toy Story, Muppets...yuck.
Of course I thought DI was a disaster theme (heh) but I love it now.

I would have to echo the above. The exception would be PoTC. I think we think meh on that (as I do), because we associate Stern's attempt at that game with that theme. I think JJP could knock that ball out of the park and redefine how that theme should be done.

#682 6 years ago

I would have to echo the above. The exception would be PoTC. I think we think meh on that (as I do), because we associate Stern's attempt at that game with that theme. I think JJP could knock that ball out of the park and redefine how that theme should be done.

Jeez...I really like Stern's POTC.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jeez...I really like the Stern's POTC.

I think a lot's of people do...didn;t quite get that quip either.

#684 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think a lot's of people do...didn;t quite get that quip either.

It's a great game with a unique layout, plus one of the best toys ever in the sinking ship! I think it's a mistake to re-do that theme. It's not like the movies were any good past number 2 either. Did anyone even see that last one?

Still, pirates IS a good theme with lots of possibilities.

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's a great game with a unique layout, plus one of the best toys ever in the sinking ship! I think it's a mistake to re-do that theme. It's not like the movies were any good past number 2 either. Did anyone even see that last one?
Still, pirates IS a good theme with lots of possibilities.

My son and I saw the last movie. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down to see a pin remake. I also like the existing PotC pin.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's not like the movies were any good past number 2 either. Did anyone even see that last one?

It just blows the mind how writers cannot make a good script with pirates. Look at the writing for Game of Thrones. Why?

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did anyone even see that last one?

Yeah, I think so.... nothing memorable or worthy of watching again, ever.

Quoted from JimB:

It just blows the mind how writers cannot make a good script with pirates. Look at the writing for Game of Thrones. Why?

I guess they figure x number will go to it irregardless and Johnny costs y dollars so we can maximize profits by simply throwing a few interns at the script, and maybe find some random guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn to help out.

#688 6 years ago

Where JJP can succeed where Stern failed with POTC is a deep objective based ruleset thanks to Keith Johnson. I think Stern's POTC game looks cool and has one of the best toys in pinball but its ruleset is it's biggest flaw. The rules in POTC do not center around beating modes based on scenes from the films with mini wizard modes for major events but rather involve hitting the same shot over and over again for a set of rather generic tasks. Want to destroy the ship? Hit the ship shot 5x, then 10x for the second ship, etc...ugh. I owned the game for a few months and sold it as the ruleset became boring rather quickly for me.

Keith Johnson is the king of objective based rulesets in my opinion. The man has a gift for telling a themes story through code and comes up with interesting and unique ways for modes to be played that work the entire playfield. With Keith on the code, JP doing great animation work and possibly David Thiel on audio (not sure if he is but he did do the audio for TH) POTC could be one hell of a fun game.

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did anyone even see that last one?

I was bored to tears one afternoon, nothing else on. Absolutely horrendous waste of time except for the bag of popcorn.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was bored to tears one afternoon, nothing else on. Absolutely horrendous waste of time except for the bag of popcorn.

My thoughts exactly.

Except I was watching the 3rd one, literally 10 years ago.

#691 6 years ago

Saw the last one. The act is admittedly a bit tired now. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it other than Captain Jack acting extra drunk and clueless which stopped being nearly as funny. I'm also not a fan of all movies going back in time and trying to recreate young or dead characters with CGI which makes them look not quite real and a little creepy (Rogue One and the latest POTC movie -- Guardians actually did a good job but I read an article that said it was 80% good makeup for the youthful Kurt Russel). The last POTC didn't tarnish the series nearly as much as the 3rd Matrix movie or the first Star Wars prequel but it is time to be done with the series unless they can really rejuvenate the creative juices.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Where JJP can succeed where Stern failed with POTC is a deep objective based ruleset thanks to Keith Johnson. I think Stern's POTC game looks cool and has one of the best toys in pinball but its ruleset is it's biggest flaw. The rules in POTC do not center around beating modes based on scenes from the films with mini wizard modes for major events but rather involve hitting the same shot over and over again for a set of rather generic tasks. Want to destroy the ship? Hit the ship shot 5x, then 10x for the second ship, etc...ugh. I owned the game for a few months and sold it as the ruleset became boring rather quickly for me.
Keith Johnson is the king of objective based rulesets in my opinion. The man has a gift for telling a themes story through code and comes up with interesting and unique ways for modes to be played that work the entire playfield. With Keith on the code, JP doing great animation work and possibly David Thiel on audio (not sure if he is but he did do the audio for TH) POTC could be one hell of a fun game.

I really struggled to like Stern's cut of POTC. It was cool for a month or so, but quickly became the machine I didn't play. It was very redundant. Hit ship, Hit ship, Hit ship. JJP can do well with this.

#693 6 years ago

Are there seriously people that would actually be excited for another Pirates pin? Ugh..I couldn't care less for that one..

#694 6 years ago

Excited, no. If the JJP version is 2x cooler than my Stern POTC, would I consider selling it and get the JJP? I would at least consider it. If I didn't already own Stern POTC, would I consider it? Sure, why not?, as long as it's a good fun pin. It's not a worse theme than DI in my opinion.

#695 6 years ago

The biggest problem is that they are getting Stern's discards or "B" themes rather than the "A" list. Stern is probably outbidding them or can more or less guarantee more money given they have higher volumes. People just aren't going to as excited by JJP themes overall (on the whole; exception obviously apply based on individual preferences) because of the "B" theme aspect.

#696 6 years ago

I do think they could cherry pick a couple "A" list themes because I think there are more "A" list themes than Stern can build. They may have felt they have one with POTC but unfortunately the series is tired and Depp isn't the draw that he was.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The biggest problem is that they are getting Stern's discards or "B" themes rather than the "A" list. Stern is probably outbidding them or can more or less guarantee more money given they have higher volumes. People just aren't going to as excited by JJP themes overall (on the whole; exception obviously apply based on individual preferences) because of the "B" theme aspect.

Except in the case of KISS, which JJP passed on before Stern took it.

#698 6 years ago

I actually like the Stern POTC, but I just don't see the license at being very much relevant anymore.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I actually like the Stern POTC, but I just don't see the license at being very much relevant anymore.

If odin were here he'd point out they don't make too many relevant themes anymore.
POTC sounds horrible to me but the movie lets see.... = Worldwide: $789,900,073! Still going strong it seems.

#700 6 years ago

I see JJP doing GNR, Slash is a player himself ,another tour, new album ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/14?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.