(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#440 6 years ago

I'm fairly confident that POTC is the next game, but I really hope it isn't. Like The Hobbit, the theme will feel pretty tired by the time the game releases, even more so with Pirates...unless they do the ride version and not the movies. That could be cool.

I think Jack needs another theme that's more timeless rather than timely. Stern is gobbling up all the hot current licenses. Jack should look to be the other side of the coin when it comes to licenses, I feel.

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would say that J.R.R Tolkien, Middle Earth and his books The Hobbit and LOTR are pretty timeless, as much as Wizard of Oz if not more. POTC is timeless as well (the general theme at least) but I hope that isn't the 4th title considering Stern already made a POTC pin.
    Back to the Future trilogy pinball please

Tolkien's The Hobbit, sure. Jackson's, not so much. Wizard of Oz is a great, timeless theme. More of that would be nice. Depp's version of Pirates? Nah.

#450 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Current in what galaxy or century?

Just wait. Star Wars is the tip of the iceberg of what they've got locked down. Who knows what they'll use of what they've licensed, but they have a strong grip on lots of strong mainstream themes.

It's impossible to please you with themes though. You complain about "old" or "outdated" themes, but then you mention some '70s movie that hasn't been relevant at all in decades as a great theme. Like...what?!

#467 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But they're not even MM trolls x 4. It's MM Trolls x 4 x 500% more frequency. The MM trolls are a little extra, some spice. The beast popups are an annoyance. They're active WAY too often.

Agree. I can't stand how often they're up, and then there are entire modes dedicated to them as well. It just points to how limited that design is to work with.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.