(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

At some point, JJP is going to have to get out of the cycle of one machine every year (or so). I hope they announce prior to expo. Hopeful? Probably

1 month later
    #154 7 years ago

Good point. I think I wil

Quoted from pinballrockstar:Please...no marvel or trekkies.
    I am interested in almost any theme,but i am gonna vomit if i see one more of those.
    So lame..

Great point. I think I will throw up if I see one more Marvel movie/pinball. How many more years can they milk the same cow? I feel like Hollywood has been on a five year treadmill with Marvel movies in general. I guess in the end, it is the consumers that make this kind of Hollywood behavior the norm. Can't stand those movies. Won't even rent em for 99 cents on Apple

1 week later
    #191 7 years ago

With POTC coming out in May, I just don't see the timing being right for JJP. That could be a theme I could get behind. Same with HP for sure. Superman? no way. Most Millennials btw don't know how to spell Superman. We have to remember that whatever JJP chooses, it needs to cross generations.

1 month later
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, 2 titles a year seems to be the minimum number to be competitive with Stern release schedule. At that point *maybe* Stern will start dialing back the aggressive campaign of cheapening their builds and leaving code unfinished and/or lackluster.

I would be happy to see one a year. I would also like to see them not try to be like Stern. Yes you pay more, but the product seriously is in another league.

2 weeks later
    #320 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I know people say that the want Harry Potter, but let's take a minute here to figure out how that could be done. Is it one table to cover all 7 books? that is a lot of information to be covered for even a widebody game. Do you break it down into 7 individual tables (not practical from a players point of view at all).
    i have been thinking that this would be an amazing table as i am 37 years old and grew up with Harry (according to the books he is actually about 4 months younger than i am). I just don't see how one table could do the series the justice that it would take. Is there a different section of the playfield for each book? maybe an 7 sided (heptagon) mini playfield (think bride of pinbot) that would be specific for each book while the rest of the machine is general Harry Potter world (Hogwarts, Gringots, Hogsmead, etc). Even at that point, the "mini" playfield would have to be pretty big to cover books specific items.
    Just a trying to visualize how it could be done.
    With personal knowledge (my brother is the lead designer) on JJP #4, it is fun to watch what people have come up with. Lots of great themes have been brought up in this thread. I can neither confirm or deny if any (or all) of them are true or not.

I hope this is the problem. To where there is so much material, you may have to break things up between multiple games. Maybe the next JJP designer gets to cherry pick the best of the goods to make the best pin. Maybe it is the first three books. Gosh I hope this is the case. I am a realist though. I am sure there have been multiple attempts to get this theme and for whatever reason, it isn't easy to obtain. I still struggle that J.K. Rowling hates pinball machines. Somehow/someway I am hoping this was mis interpreted and the license is getting hung up for some other reason.

HP is the holy grail of pinball titles. There really is not a close second. Just look at this thread for evidence. Someone will figure out how to get this title. Based on the players today, I still put my money on Jack. He will figure out a way to get it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.