(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotaquestion.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Does the podcast mention an announcement date or anything? I can't listen to the whole hour and a half right now but would like to read what the "HUGE NEWS" from the description was.

Edit: Or is the huge news that Eric is the designer? That's definitely great news but I think OP was looking for any teasers about the next game besides who is making it.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

+1 on that ... unless it is more expensive than DI.

I'd preorder a Harry Potter CE pretty much right up to BM66 SLE prices. It's the one theme I've accepted I would pay "irresponsible amounts" for.

#34 7 years ago

I would love to see them come up with a way to have the ramps move around like the staircases from the films

#41 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure Jack specifically said they will NOT be doing POTC.

#64 7 years ago

One of Jack's big goals is to bring new people into the pinball market. He told me two big target demographics for him are women and children. I can't really think of any bands that would do a good job of bringing lots of women or children into pinball. Critically acclaimed films on the other hand are enjoyed by just about everyone.

#67 7 years ago

LEGO Pinball would definitely be fun. And it's in an interesting "between" zone of original, but still licensed. They could create their own theme utilizing LEGO if they wanted. It wouldn't have to be strictly the LEGO Movie.

As far as Disney licenses - I'm fairly certain Stern does not have exclusivity. And from Disney's standpoint exclusivity doesn't make sense. Why go exclusive with Stern, who will put out probably 1 movie license in a given year when you could spread the pot and get 2+ movie licenses out in a year. Think about how prolific Disney is. They have their hands in EVERY cookie jar. There are Disney cups, oven mitts, Christmas stockings, shoes, candles, phone cases, salt and pepper shakers, band aids, erasers, and every other type of trinket.

Disney is everywhere, I don't see why they would draw the line with a single pinball company.

#69 7 years ago

I hear Stern has that license

#71 7 years ago

Yeah, I think the other goal is to not also drive away 100% of the existing market

1 week later
    #87 7 years ago

People still are. There's no need to do ALL unlicensed pins. I'd like to see future unlicensed pins, but I also want Harry Potter. The ideas aren't at odds.

#90 7 years ago

On the other hand, licensed themes can miss hard too. Aerosmith is a complete pass for me on theme alone, even though the shot map seems fine and the toybox is a cool trick.

2 months later
    #273 6 years ago

It's Guy Fieri, talked to a source yesterday. It's a new playfield shape, shaped like a cheeseburger.

I feel like all anonymous unnamed sources are worth the same. Zero.

#283 6 years ago

Harry Potter is my dream theme and it's not about the movies. The movies are a live action proxy for the books, which needless to say have a massive following.

#289 6 years ago

I think maybe just doing up through the triwizard tournament for a table would be a good option. Or really just books 1-3. The first three are very different than the last 3 and book 4 marks a strong transition in tone. I feel like books 1-3 could make a strong game on their own.

Plus then we could have two tables. The second covering what's left

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotaquestion.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement?tu=gotaquestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.