(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I figure/hope we will get to see JJP Pat design #2 2018. Still looking forward to seeing/playing Dialed In, but the theme does not excite me all that much. From everything I've heard though it's a great playing game so I'll see if hands on I like it a lot more. Otherwise I'm hoping the next one will be something that speaks to me more and be just as fun.
    As far as the JJP#4 which will be a licensed pin goes, lots of great ideas here. Of the ideas out there my personal wish list would be (in order of preference):
    - Star Wars... common, it's star wars... I'm probably buying it no matter who builds it but would really prefer a JJP star wars.
    - Guardians of the Galaxy... great music, fun and action packed, lots great space SciFi
    - Stranger Things... it's got a cool mystery vibe... probably the closest JJP would get to a Horror/SciFi theme... it's scary but still approachable and liked by just about everyone.
    - LEGO... I could see this happening... potential for interesting mix of original and themed.
    - Toy Story... Lots of cool potential here, but I feel like the franchise is starting to show it's age and it's not yet to nostalgia... but if Disney reboots it, that's a strong contender.
    WestWorld could make for a spectacular pin... but no way JJP will ever go anywhere near that one.
    Here is an idea I don't think I've seen that could be pretty awesome if done right:
    - Little Shop of Horrors

Those are all good ideas. If they annouced a theme before i paid for dialed in i might cancel lol. No way we get and announcemwnt anytime soon.

1 month later
    #161 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another JJP dream theme, Super Mario's Bros and Zelda!

Hell ya. Super Mario Bros have been around for a long time and that would span many generations of people. One mode could be a Mario kart race where you have to hit shots to beat other racers. Having to fight Bowser and save the princess would remind me of Totan where you need to defeat the genie! Lots of things could be done with that theme

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

A Mario Kart pin would be insanely popular on location.

And that could be just one part of the Mario pin. Beating all the races unlocks a wizard mode. Mario party has tons of mini games for them to pull from too

2 months later
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't consider pre-ramp or pre-DMD pins (except maybe Funhouse) to be actual pins

Isn't that like saying cars weren't actually considered cars until they got fuel injection? Idk what you are thinking

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I made my statement in an overly caustic way. I apologize. I was trying to express how superior I feel newer style pins are to older ones. I didn't mean to deny the existence or history of older pins nor denigrate the tastes of those that like them.

OK. Thank you.

I've never seen Married with Children so I have no idea what this comment means. I am not being sarcastic when I ask you to explain it to me.

Ya I knew kinda what you meant. But when you say a "pinball machine without ramps to me is not considered a pinball machine it just doesn't make sense. Just because you are not into the old machines doesn't make them fake.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement?tu=Mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.