(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

My guess is expo 2017...

That's my wild speculating guess too. JJP wants to put out at least 1 game per year, per Jack in previous interviews. That would be a full year from the Dialed In announcement and would be a good competitive showing in Stern's back yard (so to speak).

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radagast:

If it's Harry Potter, that will be $X000 (or maybe $1X000??) zapped right out of my coffers.

+1 on that ... unless it is more expensive than DI.

1 month later
    #111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I still kneel before bed, pray to the pinball god's every night....
    Harry Potter please...
    My wand is broken or I would cast a spell.

My entire family does ... the one "Golden Ticket" pre-stamped approval. My daughter even said she would buy it if I did not ...

2 weeks later
    #212 7 years ago

^^ +1

4 weeks later
    #219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

How did the pirates rumour pick up so much steam? I recall jack saying they wouldn't do a theme that had been done before.

I also saw Jack say that in one of the streaming videos for WOZ or maybe Hobbit when questioned about it (way back). I brought that up before in one of these threads and one of the JJP insiders questioned me on that. So my personal wild speculation is they have something in the future that might be a variation of an existing theme, and maybe Jack was just referring to not re-doing a exact re-theme of a title. If it is a POTC theme, it might be a variation of the title based on the next film. Maybe that is not JJP #4 either. They keep a tight lid on information leaks better than Stern.

I think the main reason we had the Dialed In rumors and speculation was because people discovered the patent on the technology that mentioned Dialed In by name and someone hinted that a phone was involved. People also knew that Pat L. wanted a disaster theme. So those particular speculations were relatively close. Any new JJP patents?

#223 6 years ago

My entire family is still hoping for a JJP Harry Potter. That would take my purchase dollars away from Stern for a couple of years.

#233 6 years ago

Release dates of speculated related Disney movie themes as updated by Disney today ...

POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales = 5/26/17
    The Incredibles 2 = 6/15/18
    Toy Story 4 = 6/21/19

FYI ... Next Harry Potter Release date is 11/16/18

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

The first time my daughter yelled out "Multiball!" When Smaug breathed fire, priceless.

My wife & I did the same thing. We bought TH without seeing the movie because we liked the game play and entertainment value - the music, fx, lights, and video integration gave us chills the first time we played it. My son bought us the movie trilogy so that we could understand the plot of the game a little better. As we watched the movies, we would do the pinball call outs when we saw the movie clips used in TH and would point out the voice call outs when we heard them. Our kids laughed at us because we were doing the backwards association to the movie.

Quoted from konghusker:

Do they have the Incredibles license?

I have no idea ... just one of the rumors/wishes on these threads. Toy Story I "think" is a for sure thing, but will not be #4 according to some people with JJP ties. Guessing that will coincide with the next movie release in a couple of years. I'll likely be in on that one if they do that theme and game play well too - in typical JJP fashion.

2 weeks later
    #328 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I know people say that the want Harry Potter, but let's take a minute here to figure out how that could be done. Is it one table to cover all 7 books? that is a lot of information to be covered for even a widebody game. Do you break it down into 7 individual tables (not practical from a players point of view at all).
    i have been thinking that this would be an amazing table as i am 37 years old and grew up with Harry (according to the books he is actually about 4 months younger than i am). I just don't see how one table could do the series the justice that it would take. Is there a different section of the playfield for each book? maybe an 7 sided (heptagon) mini playfield (think bride of pinbot) that would be specific for each book while the rest of the machine is general Harry Potter world (Hogwarts, Gringots, Hogsmead, etc). Even at that point, the "mini" playfield would have to be pretty big to cover books specific items.
    Just a trying to visualize how it could be done.
    With personal knowledge (my brother is the lead designer) on JJP #4, it is fun to watch what people have come up with. Lots of great themes have been brought up in this thread. I can neither confirm or deny if any (or all) of them are true or not.

A Harry Potter pin would probably have to use things common to multiple movies on the playfield. There is Hogwarts, and the 4 wizardry houses maybe for drop targets. Staircases that move (ramps), maybe some common villains. The modes would be where it would get into the various details of the movies and make them progress as the movies did. For a side mode to reward for something, have a cribbage competition of some sort for the upbeat fun mode. Then the various villain modes.

JJP did a great job of meshing the TH trilogy, and will probably do well with the rumored POTC and Toy Story series of movies. Harry Potter would more likely be "what do we have to leave out" because of playfield space or getting too deep with code. There is a large number of people that would like to see JJP make this pin ... I hope that JJP can take this on soon.

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Hmmm...strange choice of word there.
    Anyways, JJP is getting much better at launching product. WOZ and Hobbit were delayed for years. With Dialed In they announced in October last year and said they would begin production in Q2. Well, for the first time ever they hit their deadline, games are on the line right now. I think they deserve to be congratulated for that. Furthermore, DI underwent significant testing before production and the software will be pretty much done by the time they ship. They also only took a $250 refundable deposit this time. All signs that their production process has matured.
    Maybe when they announce JJP#4 at Expo they will be able to reduce the time between reveal and production even more.

I agree. I think JJP did it right. Let the official reveal happen with most of the details before the test machines go out with all the rumors and such start up about the sightings. Let people play the prototypes to experience if they will like the pin. A lot (if not most) people want to try a pin before they buy it. JJP has given a lot of opportunities for people to do that.

I think they need a second "full" assembly line instead of just the second mini assembly line. New pin launches could be staggered to keep products going out the door.

1 week later
    #415 6 years ago

My wife and I just saw the new POTC movie in IMAX. It was funny because after the movie the main discussion was which sound bites in the film would be used on the new pin, and more pin speculation. I guess we are addicted to this hobby.

#473 6 years ago

Just waiting on this reveal to make purchasing decisions. Star Wars = out. That leaves AS, DI, and JJP #4. My interest level is as follows:

If JJP #4 > DI, then
    ....Choice = JJP #4
    ElseIf JJP #4 < DI then
    ....Choice = DI
    End If

Select Case Wife
    ....Case AS < DI and AS < JJP #4
    ........Choice = DI + JJP #4
    ....Case AS > DI and AS > JJP #4
    ........Choice = Choice (above in if statement) + AS
    ....Case Else
    ........Choice = Whatever Wife Wants!
    End Select

'purchase = 1 year apart

Attending the Chicago Expo this year again ... could get interesting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.