(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg
    There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, 2 titles a year seems to be the minimum number to be competitive with Stern release schedule. At that point *maybe* Stern will start dialing back the aggressive campaign of cheapening their builds and leaving code unfinished and/or lackluster.

I would be happy to see one a year. I would also like to see them not try to be like Stern. Yes you pay more, but the product seriously is in another league.

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I would be happy to see one a year. I would also like to see them not try to be like Stern. Yes you pay more, but the product seriously is in another league.

A league that I can't afford though.
    Stuck buying Stern pro's.

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

A league that I can't afford though.
    Stuck buying Stern pro's.

Used will eventually filter to you and be in better shape than used Sterns of the same age.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

A billionaire angel investor really helps your chances of making it in pinball manufacture. Now JJP just has to ramp up their game to give Stern some actual competition on release frequency and output. They're already destroying Stern in the quality and code support departments.

I don't think they have any plans to match Stern release frequency, and hope they won't in future. AFAIK know, cadence is intended to be ~1.5-2 a year in the medium term. If they start cranking out 3 or 4 a year, then we'll see bad engineering and coding getting worse, as at Stern.

Also, if #4 is announced at Expo again and then available Spring '18, like DI this year, that will make 4 machines in production. IMO they'll need considerably more space if they increase release cadence, which I'm sceptical that they'd want to do so soon.

Besides, why would you want it? How many genuinely good, well received Stern machines have there been since SAM? Aerosmith is the first Spike machine certainly.

Anyway, with JJP, Spooky and potentially AP and HomePin, I think Stern will continue to feel the bite of rapidly dropping market share.

#255 6 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Not really so much anymore. Stern has an LCD screen now, and JJP's games aren't always going to be widebodies, as we've seen with Dialed In. Stern has Ritchie and Sheets, and that's hard to duplicate.

JJP was in a different league when WOZ debuted, but time marches on. Competition breeds better games, and it's a good thing for all of us, but the gap isn't as large anymore.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

. Competition breeds better games, and it's a good thing for all of us, but the gap isn't as large anymore.

This is true with being a good thing and that the gap is closer. I still think that side by side the look, and feel of a jjp vs stern is still very different. Advantage jjp. Jjp feels more solid, the plastics are thicker it seems, the cabinets are tanks. While AS has certainly been a big step up, it still isn't in the same league as any of the jjp games. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping stern steps it up, especially for star wars, but right now if you're paying$8k for a game, you certainly feel like you get more from a jjp.
    That said, I really am anxiously awaiting star wars images and jjp4 both. I think this will be a great Pinball year all around.

#257 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

This is true with being a good thing and that the gap is closer. I still think that side by side the look, and feel of a jjp vs stern is still very different. Advantage jjp. Jjp feels more solid, the plastics are thicker it seems, the cabinets are tanks. While AS has certainly been a big step up, it still isn't in the same league as any of the jjp games. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping stern steps it up, especially for star wars, but right now if you're paying$8k for a game, you certainly feel like you get more from a jjp.
    That said, I really am anxiously awaiting star wars images and jjp4 both. I think this will be a great Pinball year all around.

It is a great time to be a Pinball fan. Who would have thought 7-8 years ago we'd have 6 companies making games?

#258 6 years ago

Can I just say...
    HARRY POTTER PLEASE...
    Jack, you out there?

#259 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

How many genuinely good, well received Stern machines have there been since SAM? Aerosmith is the first Spike machine certainly.

Oh, OK. I thought GoT is a Spike machine.

#260 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

Disabling a feature due to bad engineering, rather than trying to fix it. Disappointing art. Code that had little expansion though the basis was good. No bug squashing updates for ages. Most people not liking the Premium / LE. The debut of the silly looking and obscenely priced toppers. Almost no effort whatsoever made with the DMD. Some people like it ... but it felt like a major missed opportunity. I definitely wish JJP had GoT and Stern had Hobbit.

I think it's hard to argue that any Spike game besides Aerosmith has been very well received from most quarters.

#261 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

Quoted from rubberducks:

Disabling a feature due to bad engineering, rather than trying to fix it. Disappointing art. Code that had little expansion though the basis was good. No bug squashing updates for ages. Most people not liking the Premium / LE. The debut of the silly looking and obscenely priced toppers. Almost no effort whatsoever made with the DMD. Some people like it ... but it felt like a major missed opportunity. I definitely wish JJP had GoT and Stern had Hobbit.
    I think it's hard to argue that any Spike game besides Aerosmith has been very well received from most quarters.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...wait just a second. Let's take this one at a time...

Quoted from rubberducks:

Disabling a feature due to bad engineering, rather than trying to fix it.

True. REALLY true.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Disappointing art.

Generally true, specifically with the playfield. I still say the hand drawn LE cabinet and backglass are awesome.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Code that had little expansion though the basis was good.

True, but the code was SO complete that all that people are really asking for is a little more balance in the scoring and some callouts. Next to other recent Stern games, GOT is pretty much a polished game code-wise.

Quoted from rubberducks:

No bug squashing updates for ages.

I haven't come across any bugs since the last update.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Most people not liking the Premium / LE.

BS. The pro people are a vocal minority. I know more people that love their Premium/LE than post here about their pro. It's a more complete game.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The debut of the silly looking and obscenely priced toppers.

That "silly looking" topper (the dragon) is one of the coolest toppers (if not THE coolest) that I've ever seen, and I LOVE how it interacts with the game.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Almost no effort whatsoever made with the DMD. I definitely wish JJP had GoT and Stern had Hobbit.

True and true. Well, at least you finished strong.

#262 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Bad engineering? I have a pro, no bad engineering here.
    Disappoiniting art? Changed Backglas (PF is fine, i like maps), picture made. And pictures of some add-ons for nearly free. It´s not expensive to make some nice things to "upgrade" the art.
    Code is good, really good.
    Topper alternative you can buy for 30 Dollar google to McFarlane Throne room. I put a picture of mine in this post.
    DMD, OK that´s a point, but you can not get everything.
    If JJP had made GoT it would be absolutely super but when this had happened, a pro would have a price tag in Europe in the 9K range.
    But i am actually in planning the next buy and i like the Hobbit theme (more than LotR and much more than WoZ) and so please tell me (serious meant), why Hobbit made by Stern would be better than by JJP.
    Thanks.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG

#263 6 years ago

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG

#264 6 years ago

And some 3D effects for the backboard for under 5 Dollar....

7 (resized).JPG7 (resized).JPG

8 (resized).JPG8 (resized).JPG

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

Bad engineering? I have a pro, no bad engineering here.

He was talking about the orbit issue in the premium/LE. They couldn't figure out the fix (which only involved moving the elevator diverter forward 2mm), so they made it an option to disable it in software.

#266 6 years ago

DMD glare guards are your friend.

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

so please tell me (serious meant), why Hobbit made by Stern would be better than by JJP.

I think he was meaning that he prefers the theme of got over hobbit and so wishes jjp had the got license instead of hobbit. I personally love the hobbit, and think jjp made a great game. I honestly wish jjp had the star wars license, but hopefully stern makes it great.
    Assuming jjp4 is potc, I will definitely be interested in it. We love the potc franchise in my house, but star wars is hands down our family favorite. Guess I just need more money and more room.

#268 6 years ago

Its pirates, Talked to a source yesterday. I know JJP will load it up with toys in a widebody.

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

Its pirates, Talked to a source yesterday. I know JJP will load it up with toys in a widebody.

I heard the same. That's what I'm afraid of. I know I'm going to want it, but won't have funds for a very long time after getting star wars. Good problem to have I guess.

#270 6 years ago

Wooo Hooo Pirates! That's a no brainer for me. Wanted a pirate theme so bad!

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

How many genuinely good, well received Stern machines have there been since SAM? Aerosmith is the first Spike machine certainly.

KISS is Spike, and better than Aerosmith overall, IMO.

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

Ghostbusters has been a monster seller for them, so I would say that was been well received, despite vocal minority bitching.

#273 6 years ago

It's Guy Fieri, talked to a source yesterday. It's a new playfield shape, shaped like a cheeseburger.

I feel like all anonymous unnamed sources are worth the same. Zero.

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I feel like all anonymous unnamed sources are worth the same. Zero.

True, unless your "source" has been spot on last 2 years for stern pins and jjp both. It's potc, all movies in one pin.

#275 6 years ago

POTC would be cool, the new movie looks great, I would be interested in POTC from JJP, but BOND from JJP would be an absolute grail pin for me!

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

True, unless your "source" has been spot on last 2 years for stern pins and jjp both. It's potc, all movies in one pin.

If this is the case, it's to bad the spoilers come out on public forums before the company release. What's the benefit of playing Paul Revere with this information? If this were a product you were developing and didn't want it announced yet, how would you like it if your product was leaked out before you wanted it announced?

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

If this is the case, it's to bad the spoilers come out on public forums before the company release. What's the benefit of playing Paul Revere with this information? If this were a product you were developing and didn't want it announced yet, how would you like it if your product was leaked out before you wanted it announced?

Pretty sure with enough digging, you can find public files showing who applied for certain applications/licensing. Potc movie hits soon, so the math makes sense. Toy story 4 hits theaters in a couple years and oh, guess who has license. Besides, the title of thread is "speculation". I don't work for jjp, or have any insider knowledge. I simply know a little birdie that's been pretty dang accurate. My "guess" remains potc. Should we all be mad that we know star wars is next for stern?

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Should we all be mad that we know star wars is next for stern

It's not about any emotion, it's more about having respect, or applying the "Golden Rule"
    If the information is out there for people to put the pieces together, then why bother announcing it? I'm not mad or bashing anybody, I just don't understand the logic.

#279 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I'm not mad or bashing anybody, I just don't understand the logic.

Then why are you in a thread called "JJP #4 Announcment (Speculation)
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    You don't want to know don't enter. Just move along buddy just move along.

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtp78:

I can only begin to imagine how awesome JJP is going to implement theme integration if that's true.
    Never was a fan of Stern's POTC and its sinking ship toy.

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'm not sure what everyone's obsession is with harry potter. Think that movie came out when I was in high school, maybe if I was ten years younger and had a nostalgic feel for it, like toy story or something. Even then I'm not sure I would buy one, the game would have to be pretty amazing. Some of those little kid movies aren't bad. That one always seemed a little gay to me, then again I've never seen it or read the books. I did see parts of a couple of the movies and as suspected... .
    Regardeless, if they decide to come out with a harry potter pin, I hope they sell a bunch of them so they can continue with another title.

>complains about movie
    >hasn't watched a single one for more than 15 minutes

#282 6 years ago

Been well over a year that is has been known that JJP had POTC.

#283 6 years ago

Harry Potter is my dream theme and it's not about the movies. The movies are a live action proxy for the books, which needless to say have a massive following.

#284 6 years ago

I am assuming that we are mostly grown men in this forum and knowing that I am finding it difficult to believe that people are talking about Toy Story, Muppets and The Incredibles and saying they are excited for those themes. They are fine movies but animated or puppet kid themes just don't appeal to me at all. Has there been any precedent for this? Have there been any other pins that were themed after animated or puppet kid movies or shows that were created and successful? I doubt it. I really like Toy Story and The Incredibles but I cannot see being excited about any pin with this kind of theme. Even if it were one of my favorite animated kid movies like Megamind or Aladdin, I don't think I'd be that interested. Heck, I dream of a JJP Superman themed pin but if it was themed on the Justice League Cartoon or Superman, the Animated Series, I'd be really disappointed.

PotC theme doesn't thrill me that much. It is a fun theme with great music and call-outs but has already been done in a modern era pin and there are plenty of great themes out there that haven't been done. I won't say that I wouldn't ever buy it as I'm sure JJP could make something I couldn't resist.

A Harry Potter themed JJP pin would probably be a must own for me. I am not a huge fanatic about HP but I like it quite a bit and have little doubt that JJP could use that theme tremendously well.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Princess Bride is the one I wish JJP had gotten instead of Stern.

Is it confirmed that Stern has this license? That is really disappointing in a way (I'd prefer it from JJP) but also cool because it means somebody will probably make it. Princess Bride would be an auto-buy for me, regardless of the manufacturer.

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

...but animated or puppet kid themes just don't appeal to me at all....Have there been any other pins that were themed after animated or puppet kid movies or shows that were created and successful? I doubt it.

You have TMNT (and WoZ...)

#286 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I am assuming that we are mostly grown men in this forum and knowing that I am finding it difficult to believe that people are talking about Toy Story, Muppets and The Incredibles and saying they are excited for those themes. They are fine movies but animated or puppet kid themes just don't appeal to me at all.

To each their own. I'm 38 years old, and yes, I would LOVE a toy story jjp. My kids would LOVE it to. I have to say most of the big themes lately are either old rock bands, or themes from when we were kids in the 70's-80's.

Quoted from TRAMD:

A Harry Potter themed JJP pin would probably be a must own for me

Harry Potter ironically is about the biggest KIDS series/books ever. I'm assuming you're a grown man and yet you want something with magical creatures and wizards, but will mock anybody who is excited about other childhood classics? Again, each to their own but a toy story, Muppets, or potc jjp pin would be awesome.

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Have there been any other pins that were themed after animated or puppet kid movies or shows . . .

Shrek?

Stop poo-pooing on Toy Story - it would be epic!

#288 6 years ago

I know people say that the want Harry Potter, but let's take a minute here to figure out how that could be done. Is it one table to cover all 7 books? that is a lot of information to be covered for even a widebody game. Do you break it down into 7 individual tables (not practical from a players point of view at all).

i have been thinking that this would be an amazing table as i am 37 years old and grew up with Harry (according to the books he is actually about 4 months younger than i am). I just don't see how one table could do the series the justice that it would take. Is there a different section of the playfield for each book? maybe an 7 sided (heptagon) mini playfield (think bride of pinbot) that would be specific for each book while the rest of the machine is general Harry Potter world (Hogwarts, Gringots, Hogsmead, etc). Even at that point, the "mini" playfield would have to be pretty big to cover books specific items.

Just a trying to visualize how it could be done.

With personal knowledge (my brother is the lead designer) on JJP #4, it is fun to watch what people have come up with. Lots of great themes have been brought up in this thread. I can neither confirm or deny if any (or all) of them are true or not.

#289 6 years ago

I think maybe just doing up through the triwizard tournament for a table would be a good option. Or really just books 1-3. The first three are very different than the last 3 and book 4 marks a strong transition in tone. I feel like books 1-3 could make a strong game on their own.

Plus then we could have two tables. The second covering what's left

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I know people say that the want Harry Potter, but let's take a minute here to figure out how that could be done. Is it one table to cover all 7 books? that is a lot of information to be covered for even a widebody game. Do you break it down into 7 individual tables (not practical from a players point of view at all).
    i have been thinking that this would be an amazing table as i am 37 years old and grew up with Harry (according to the books he is actually about 4 months younger than i am). I just don't see how one table could do the series the justice that it would take. Is there a different section of the playfield for each book? maybe an 7 sided (heptagon) mini playfield (think bride of pinbot) that would be specific for each book while the rest of the machine is general Harry Potter world (Hogwarts, Gringots, Hogsmead, etc). Even at that point, the "mini" playfield would have to be pretty big to cover books specific items.
    Just a trying to visualize how it could be done.
    With personal knowledge (my brother is the lead designer) on JJP #4, it is fun to watch what people have come up with. Lots of great themes have been brought up in this thread. I can neither confirm or deny if any (or all) of them are true or not.

Harry Potter would need to be a general themed game rather than a story telling game. The story is far too vast to tell it with a pinball machine. With a general theming you could have the main characters represented and various iconic events and locations like quidditch, the train station and the school. A moving staircase would seem to be a feature that could work for pinball.

#291 6 years ago

James Bond, Fast and Furious or Harry Potter is my prefence in that order

If it really is Toy Story that's keeps money in my pocket

I could see it being Willy Wonka too

#292 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Used will eventually filter to you and be in better shape than used Sterns of the same age.

That's just not true according to Vegas route operator who operates both

I do agree that buying used is the way to go. These high priced pins will be discounted big time, both JJP and Stern when it comes time to sell

It's already happening with Woz and Hobbit.

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Is it confirmed that Stern has this license? That is really disappointing in a way (I'd prefer it from JJP) but also cool because it means somebody will probably make it. Princess Bride would be an auto-buy for me, regardless of the manufacturer.

Heard around from people that would know, but I'm assuming it's real. No idea of the timeline, but I really wish it had gone to JJP because they would really do Princess Bride justice. Stern *might* do okay (I mean LotR is pretty fantastic for a fantasy theme), but I'll always wonder what could have been.

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That's just not true according to Vegas route operator who operates both.

Sounds like he doesn't baby his machines. I help an operator with a route with both kinds and the JJP ones hold up way better in general, but they get cleaned and waxed every two weeks like clockwork. No corners cut. Not many OPs will take the time for that.

I mean, Hobbit had the breaking target springs thing (and there were a lot of targets), but they sent out a kit. JJPs cabs are built like tanks. No splitting there. We'll see as JJP machines age more, but they have much more solid build quality, so I don't think my opinion will reverse later.

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like he doesn't baby his machines. I help an operator with a route with both kinds and the JJP ones hold up way better in general, but they get cleaned and waxed every two weeks like clockwork. No corners cut. Not many OPs will take the time for that.
    I mean, Hobbit had the breaking target springs thing (and there were a lot of targets), but they sent out a kit. JJPs cabs are built like tanks. No splitting there. We'll see as JJP machines age more, but they have much more solid build quality, so I don't think my opinion will reverse later.

You guys see it with heavy use.

Extreme Pinball claims his IM and Avatar has has held up much better after 15 k plays, like new with a fresh waxing versus Woz after 11k, which is trashed out.

I own Woz and have had more problems with it than all of Stern pins combined

So I got find out early on that JJP has excellent customer support

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You guys see it with heavy use.
    Extreme Pinball claims his IM and Avatar has has held up much better after 15 k plays, like new with a fresh waxing versus Woz after 11k, which is trashed out.
    I own Woz and have had more problems with it than all of Stern pins combined
    So I got find out early on that JJP has excellent customer support

If you're putting WoZ on location you HAVE to put mylar down in the forest area and by the winkie guard.

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're putting WoZ on location you HAVE to put mylar down in the forest area and by the winkie guard.

You have to have it on HUO pin too, which is fine, that's why I put mine on after JJP sent out the Mylar fix

I would never worry about HUO anyhow too much

When in Breck this past spring break at Eric's the same GOTLE and TWD pro were rocking along from prior year after thousands of plays, and looking good. PFs and cabs doing great!

Extreme thinks they are both junk as far as commercial goes, yet he just bought an AS pro which should provide a good Roi

I don't know how long you have been routing pins but the local guy that fixed my BM66 has been doing it since the 70s

Says the same thing, these pins aren't made to stand up to long term play and abuse versus the Bally Williams

For me, I could care less, I doubt I'll ever put 20k plays on a single pin. But I'll try!

#298 6 years ago

I guess you can take what I say with a grain of salt, as I have no interest in Toy Story, Harry Potter, Incredibles or POTC ... but I can't imagine this is the kind of quick succession of games they're likely to have, with Muppets also in the mix (I am interested in that).

People might be keen to have 1 or 2 titles that'll be hits with the kids .... but all those from one manufacturer? I'm not sure there's a market for that. WOZ, Hobbit and DI might be 'family friendly', but they're not specifically IPs or themes primarily aimed at children.

#299 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Then why are you in a thread called "JJP #4 Announcment (Speculation)

Thumbs down all you want, that's what all the Drama Queens do on Pinside when somebody asks a question that's not popular, or when somebody stand up for what's right.

To Answer your question, "Speculation" is not the same as revealing. I don't mind speculation, that's why I came into this thread (hope that answers your ??????...)

The internet is amazing, people act different in a forum than they would in person. I've met some great people at pinball shows, never once has anybody talked bad or been disrespectful (smart comments, or walking by and giving a thumbs down). But on Pinside it's a different story. I travel the country buying and trading pins, every single person I have met share a common story. They are sick of Pinside, or they hate selling on Pinside, they don't advise anymore on Pinside etc. because they are tired of the know it all's, the keyboard commandos and the general drama.

Anyway, my question never was answered with anything other than another question, and get out of here mentality.

"sorry I ruined your black panther party" in my best Forrest Gump voice.

I'll exit stage left.

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from Metengo:

You have TMNT (and WoZ...)

Three reasons TMNT is different than the others:
    1. It was originally a comic book, not an animated TV series or movie.
    2. The pin is actually based on the live action movie, not the cartoon. You can tell by the translite.
    3. It was a kid theme when I was a kid, not when I was already a teenager or adult. (I suppose Muppets at least meets this but seriously, MUPPETS?!)
    4. I paid less than 1/4 of what a new JJP game costs for it.

Quoted from konghusker:

To each their own. I'm 38 years old, and yes, I would LOVE a toy story jjp. My kids would LOVE it to. I have to say most of the big themes lately are either old rock bands, or themes from when we were kids in the 70's-80's.

Harry Potter ironically is about the biggest KIDS series/books ever. I'm assuming you're a grown man and yet you want something with magical creatures and wizards, but will mock anybody who is excited about other childhood classics? Again, each to their own but a toy story, Muppets, or potc jjp pin would be awesome.

I am 37 and have 5 kids aged 3 to 11. Toy Story is honestly too old for them and too new for me. Neither of us had that as a big hit when we were kids. I was already a teenager when it came out. I will let the people 10 years younger than me buy that for their basements. The only way I'd consider something like Toy Story was if it was really cheap. I can buy ANY theme if the combination of theme, game play and price is right. Toy Story would have to be a very fantastic game and drastically cheaper than any other JJP game for me to want it.

Harry Potter was popular with a wide range of age groups from kids to adults and it was not animated. It is not comparable to the other animated kid themes with only a few elements to keep adults interested too. I love fantasy themes, Sci-Fi themes and superhero themes; Star Wars, DC, Marvel, LotR, Harry Potter, Aliens, Predator, etc are all great themes IMO. It is the combination of ANIMATION and PRIMARILY DIRECTED AT KIDS that creates my disinterest.

Quoted from Hammerhead:

Shrek?
    Stop poo-pooing on Toy Story - it would be epic!

Was Shrek a raving success? Toy Story for $8k+ can be epic in someone else's basement. Harry Potter or PotC would both be better.

I will also again put my plug in for Man of Steel or Batman V Superman. I'd seriously buy two of the highest edition (CE or LE or SLE or whatever they come up with next).

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement/page/6?hl=netcivil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.