(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg
    There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 7 years ago

We wont see a new Superman pin until DC & WB can light a fire under the DCEU and make it into a multi million/billion dollar franchise, there is so much turmoil and head spinning at DC/WB at the moment its just not a safe bet, I would love to see the Wonder Woman movie be a massive box office and critical success and really get the DCEU rolling, then we have a real good chance of seeing some DC movie pins

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Plus according to the Batman vs. Superman (vs. Gal Godot) movie that came out last year... Supes is, er.... *spoilers*
    Superman is "indisposed" right now Putting out a Superman pinball machine right now might not fit DC's model of events for their character given the current storyline. (sorry if that was actual "spoilers" for people who haven't seen the movie).

Everyone knows Supes ain't dead.

#203 7 years ago

I think Willy Wonka and Toy Story would be great family choices!

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess you didn't watch the final scene?

Where a little bit of "dirt" rattled off the box?

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Everyone knows Supes ain't dead.

Of course he's not dead... or he won't stay dead. They won't keep him dead forever. Good job on the spoiler, though.

Point I was making is that in DC's movie world right now, he "is." It would be dumb of them to license a Superman pin given his current state; at least until the next movie comes out when he "miraculously" comes back to life.

#206 7 years ago

My money is on Lion King. Why else would someone "leak" this photo?

20170324_173133 (resized).jpg20170324_173133 (resized).jpg

#207 7 years ago

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

While I'm confident it's potc, followed by either toy story or muppets

What a manly line up.

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I would love to see a Princess Bride theme. Not only because I'd like it but my wife would let me buy the crap out of it!

Stern has that license, right?

#210 7 years ago

Am I smellin me some salty pirates or what?

#211 7 years ago

With all these new machines I am having PINBALL OVERLOAD! AND I L-O-V-E IT

#212 7 years ago

^^ +1

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has that license, right?

I don't know. Is there somewhere that that information is available?

#214 7 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't know. Is there somewhere that that information is available?

I've heard it around, but don't remember where. Seemed like a done deal. Wish it was at JJP.

1 week later
    #215 7 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

They already said they were working on My Little Pony

It's happening. Right on time for Expo.

2 weeks later
    #216 7 years ago

How did the pirates rumour pick up so much steam? I recall jack saying they wouldn't do a theme that had been done before.

#217 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

How did the pirates rumour pick up so much steam? I recall jack saying they wouldn't do a theme that had been done before.

How does anyone rumor pickup steam? Star wars from stern? Etc. Same answer.

#218 7 years ago

Rumours are pretty funny. I work in construction, and they are rampant with layoffs, budgets, approvals etc etc. I watched a guy ruin his own weekend. Started a layoff rumour, it got back to him, and then he believed it. Was sad all week.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I also saw Jack say that in one of the streaming videos for WOZ or maybe Hobbit when questioned about it (way back). I brought that up before in one of these threads and one of the JJP insiders questioned me on that. So my personal wild speculation is they have something in the future that might be a variation of an existing theme, and maybe Jack was just referring to not re-doing a exact re-theme of a title. If it is a POTC theme, it might be a variation of the title based on the next film. Maybe that is not JJP #4 either. They keep a tight lid on information leaks better than Stern.

I think the main reason we had the Dialed In rumors and speculation was because people discovered the patent on the technology that mentioned Dialed In by name and someone hinted that a phone was involved. People also knew that Pat L. wanted a disaster theme. So those particular speculations were relatively close. Any new JJP patents?

#220 7 years ago

I want me some pirates and I can't bring myself to buying a potc. Fantastic theme. Also Toy Story is an automatic for me!

#221 7 years ago

I really wish we knew what jjp4 was going to be before I sink all my money into star wars. I much prefer my jjp games, but I can't resist star wars unless jjp had a killer title to sway my wallet.

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I really wish we knew what jjp4 was going to be before I sink all my money into star wars. I much prefer my jjp games, but I can't resist star wars unless jjp had a killer title to sway my wallet.

they do!

#223 7 years ago

My entire family is still hoping for a JJP Harry Potter. That would take my purchase dollars away from Stern for a couple of years.

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

My entire family is still hoping for a JJP Harry Potter. That would take my purchase dollars away from Stern for a couple of years.

Same! Instant buy.

#225 7 years ago

I'm going with a POTC theme next for jjp. Toy story will most likely happen, though the next toy story movie (#4), won't be out till June of 2019, so there's still plenty of time for the development of that one. The Muppets is a possible pin theme for them. The Incredibles could be a good theme and it's also a Disney title. The next incredibles movie gets released in 2018. I agree, Harry Potter would be a 'Must Buy' at our house as well.

#226 7 years ago

If you're referring to current jjp titles, I can agree with you. I own woz and hobbit. I would love a DI but not enough at that price. Theme is huge, and a toy story, or retro muppets if done correctly (jjp way) could possibly win my money over a star wars. I'm not sure if potc could, but it's possible.

#227 7 years ago

Another theme I would love to see jjp do is Indiana Jones. The new movie is out in a few years, so it could make sense then.

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

If you're referring to current jjp titles, I can agree with you.

referringto currnet and my guesses on some future.

They have done very well with past licesences and I think they are very calculated in picking strong licenses to go with.
    I also think they have a great team assembled to really take on a good license and make it shine.

In other words, I would hold your money if you have to choose

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

referringto currnet and my guesses on some future.
    They have done very well with past licesences and I think they are very calculated in picking strong licenses to go with.
    I also think they have a great team assembled to really take on a good license and make it shine.
    In other words, I would hold your money if you have to choose

Agreed, 100%

#230 6 years ago

Has a good water park themed machine been done? A Seaworld theme would be cool or a non licensed game. The ramps would work nicely for slides, etc.

#231 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mobsync:

A Seaworld theme would be cool

And have an orca eat a trainer for the Jaws version.

LTG : )

#232 6 years ago

My official guess is potc this year with new movie. A muppets possibly next year, and then toy story when the new movie is released.

#233 6 years ago

Release dates of speculated related Disney movie themes as updated by Disney today ...

POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales = 5/26/17
    The Incredibles 2 = 6/15/18
    Toy Story 4 = 6/21/19

FYI ... Next Harry Potter Release date is 11/16/18

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And have an orca eat a trainer for the Jaws version.
    LTG : )

Nah man. That's cold. But we could have Spooky do one called The Cove.

#235 6 years ago

At first the POTC rumors made me sad. But, then I realize that the Hobbit movies didn't totally wow me at first either. But man did JJP totally integrate those movies into his machine and make it a truly cinematic experience. Since owning my Hobbit, my kids and I are are our second re-watch of the series because the game makes them want to watch the films. The only pinball game in my experience that made the movies a better experience. The first time my daughter yelled out "Multiball!" When Smaug breathed fire, priceless. So with the wealth of material, the amount of great dialogue by Johnny Depp, and the amazing score, I trust JJP could turn me into a pirate.

#236 6 years ago

But, Jaws is my dream theme...in case your reading this, Jack!

#237 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Release dates of speculated related Disney movie themes as updated by Disney today ...
    POTC: Dead Men Tell No Tales = 5/26/17
    The Incredibles 2 = 6/15/18
    Toy Story 4 = 6/21/19
    FYI ... Next Harry Potter Release date is 11/16/18

Do they have the Incredibles license? That is the least interesting one of the four you listed. I'm good with the rest for sure. Exciting titles

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Do they have the Incredibles license? That is the least interesting one of the four you listed. I'm good with the rest for sure. Exciting titles

He's just talking about Disney's release schedule.

And for me, Incredibles is the MOST interesting theme for a pin.

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

The first time my daughter yelled out "Multiball!" When Smaug breathed fire, priceless.

My wife & I did the same thing. We bought TH without seeing the movie because we liked the game play and entertainment value - the music, fx, lights, and video integration gave us chills the first time we played it. My son bought us the movie trilogy so that we could understand the plot of the game a little better. As we watched the movies, we would do the pinball call outs when we saw the movie clips used in TH and would point out the voice call outs when we heard them. Our kids laughed at us because we were doing the backwards association to the movie.

Quoted from konghusker:

Do they have the Incredibles license?

I have no idea ... just one of the rumors/wishes on these threads. Toy Story I "think" is a for sure thing, but will not be #4 according to some people with JJP ties. Guessing that will coincide with the next movie release in a couple of years. I'll likely be in on that one if they do that theme and game play well too - in typical JJP fashion.

#240 6 years ago

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

#241 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory meets Pee Wee Herman?

You were fine until you mentioned Pee Wee...

#242 6 years ago

I'm interested in potc, but not over star wars unless stern totally screws it up. I wish jjp had the star wars license, but oh well. As for toy story, that's the one I really want to see and have a ton of interest in. I assume expo is the soonest we could hear something from jjp? I can only afford one so star wars(most likely) or jjp4.

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm interested in potc, but not over star wars unless stern totally screws it up. I wish jjp had the star wars license, but oh well. As for toy story, that's the one I really want to see and have a ton of interest in. I assume expo is the soonest we could hear something from jjp? I can only afford one so star wars(most likely) or jjp4.

Princess Bride is the one I wish JJP had gotten instead of Stern.

#244 6 years ago

One of the things I'm just as excited for besides what the theme is, is how the game will be designed. #4 is being made by a new designer! New blood with new ideas, looks good to me!

#245 6 years ago

Just wanted to point out. Here we are guessing game number 4 when just a few years ago half of Pinside was saying JJP was going to be one and out. Then the Second game was announced but had many delays also. Again most of Pinside said they were going to tank! Well look at where we are now. A big shout out to JJP! Keep em coming boys. Hopefully they will be at the pace of making two a year soon.

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Just wanted to point out. Here we are guessing game number 4 when just a few years ago half of Pinside was saying JJP was going to be one and out. Then the Second game was announced but had many delays also. Again most of Pinside said they were going to tank! Well look at where we are now. A big shout out to JJP! Keep em coming boys. Hopefully they will be at the pace of making two a year soon.

A billionaire angel investor really helps your chances of making it in pinball manufacture. Now JJP just has to ramp up their game to give Stern some actual competition on release frequency and output. They're already destroying Stern in the quality and code support departments.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

A billionaire angel investor really helps your chances of making it in pinball manufacture. Now JJP just has to ramp up their game to give Stern some actual competition on release frequency and output. They're already destroying Stern in the quality and code support departments.

I agree. I don't think they need to crank out as many as stern every year, but I would like to see about 2/year. Less can be more when it comes to quality, code completion, and design time. Stern cranks out a lot, but only half of them are new or worth considering.

#248 6 years ago

Has dialed in even shipped.........

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Has dialed in even shipped.........

No but it is on the line and seems to be on track with what Jack said last year, shipping Q2 of this year.

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I agree. I don't think they need to crank out as many as stern every year, but I would like to see about 2/year. Less can be more when it comes to quality, code completion, and design time. Stern cranks out a lot, but only half of them are new or worth considering.

Yeah, 2 titles a year seems to be the minimum number to be competitive with Stern release schedule. At that point *maybe* Stern will start dialing back the aggressive campaign of cheapening their builds and leaving code unfinished and/or lackluster.

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.