(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #152 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Please...no marvel or trekkies.
    I am interested in almost any theme,but i am gonna vomit if i see one more of those.
    So lame..

"The Marvelously Lame Vomiting Trekkies?"

#153 7 years ago

I'm in the camp of "theme doesn't matter"... if it's a great shooting pin with pinball magic and good mechanical action going on, then I'm interested. WOZ is not a theme that I'd ever wish for... but that game is (and has been) my #1 favorite pin for a long time.

Of the titles I'm seeing tossed around... I'd be game for Harry Potter... would also love to see JJP go for "Mission Impossible"

#154 7 years ago

Good point. I think I wil

Quoted from pinballrockstar:Please...no marvel or trekkies.
    I am interested in almost any theme,but i am gonna vomit if i see one more of those.
    So lame..

Great point. I think I will throw up if I see one more Marvel movie/pinball. How many more years can they milk the same cow? I feel like Hollywood has been on a five year treadmill with Marvel movies in general. I guess in the end, it is the consumers that make this kind of Hollywood behavior the norm. Can't stand those movies. Won't even rent em for 99 cents on Apple

#155 7 years ago

How about Lego pinball? They're on the 3rd movie. How many of those get made I wonder

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Good point. I think I wil

Great point. I think I will throw up if I see one more Marvel movie/pinball. How many more years can they milk the same cow? I feel like Hollywood has been on a five year treadmill with Marvel movies in general. I guess in the end, it is the consumers that make this kind of Hollywood behavior the norm. Can't stand those movies. Won't even rent em for 99 cents on Apple

I enjoy the heros journey. They may not be particularly creative or different but they are well done popcorn candy IMHO. Its more show than story since were all aready so familiar with the story. Its like going to see the latest theatrical re-imagining of a classic. True, I would much rather see something more fresh and creative but there are certainly much worse options.

#157 7 years ago

I would love to see what JJP could do with LEGO it would be as in the DEMOMAN CALL OUT "AMAZING!"

#158 7 years ago

Another JJP dream theme, Super Mario's Bros and Zelda!

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another JJP dream theme...

Sound-of-Music-image-1 (resized).jpgSound-of-Music-image-1 (resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hogbog:

Finally, something I can confirm.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

for those of you confused. Hogbog (aka Eric, my brother) is the lead designer for game number 4.

I guess you both have to laugh a lot when you read this thread!

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Another JJP dream theme, Super Mario's Bros and Zelda!

Hell ya. Super Mario Bros have been around for a long time and that would span many generations of people. One mode could be a Mario kart race where you have to hit shots to beat other racers. Having to fight Bowser and save the princess would remind me of Totan where you need to defeat the genie! Lots of things could be done with that theme

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Hell ya. Super Mario Bros have been around for a long time and that would span many generations of people. One mode could be a Mario kart race where you have to hit shots to beat other racers. Having to fight Bowser and save the princess would remind me of Totan where you need to defeat the genie! Lots of things could be done with that theme

Don't forget the castles on the playfield which you have to defeat.. similar to MM

#163 7 years ago

I think I would sell my real car to buy a JJP MarioKart !!!

#164 7 years ago

A Mario Kart pin would be insanely popular on location.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

A Mario Kart pin would be insanely popular on location.

And that could be just one part of the Mario pin. Beating all the races unlocks a wizard mode. Mario party has tons of mini games for them to pull from too

#166 7 years ago

I would love to see a Princess Bride theme. Not only because I'd like it but my wife would let me buy the crap out of it!

#167 7 years ago

#4 will be presented very soon...
    It will be a remake of a Stern title after 2003 but before 2010...

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin_king:

It will be a remake of a Stern title after 2003 but before 2010...

Then it is POTC.

#169 7 years ago

That's a great guess. Lotr? Or if it had to be 2004-2009 Batman?

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from pin_king:

@TPF?
    Woohoo!

#171 7 years ago

They usually wait till Chicago Expo in Oct. I think all 3 have been this way.

#172 7 years ago

Just look at what family movies are coming out later this year that are also sequels. Then take that list and decide which one Jack would pick if given the opportunity. POTC is really the only blatantly obvious answer. I guessed it way back on the first page of this thread.

My early prediction for JJP #5 is Toy Story just because Pat Lawlor plus animatronic toys seems like a perfect fit!

#173 7 years ago

Dang. Don't need a potc on my roster. Hopefully it's amazing though. Maybe some custom Depp quotes...

#174 7 years ago

They already said they were working on My Little Pony

#175 7 years ago

I think #5 is another original theme as Pat had several ideas lined up.

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I think #5 is another original theme as Pat had several ideas lined up.

I severely doubt they will go the original theme route again...

#177 7 years ago

I'd love to see an adult theme. Resident Evil would be awesome from JJP. Tons of high end movie footage and stuff to draw from.

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd love to see an adult theme. Resident Evil would be awesome from JJP. Tons of high end movie footage and stuff to draw from.

Resident Evil isn't my kind of "adult" theme...but I guess to each his own.

#179 7 years ago

While I'm confident it's potc, followed by either toy story or muppets, I thought today how cool an Indiana Jones from jjp could be. Lots of great possibilities when it comes to jjp machines.

#180 7 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

While I'm confident it's potc, followed by either toy story or muppets, I thought today how cool an Indiana Jones from jjp could be. Lots of great possibilities when it comes to jjp machines.

A JJP Indiana Jones would be epic!

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Just look at what family movies are coming out later this year that are also sequels. Then take that list and decide which one Jack would pick if given the opportunity. POTC is really the only blatantly obvious answer. I guessed it way back on the first page of this thread.
    My early prediction for JJP #5 is Toy Story just because Pat Lawlor plus animatronic toys seems like a perfect fit!

You are right. Maybe Avatar too. Don't know if a pinball fellow said before as the next jjp would be a remake of a 2003-2010 stern game But all is speculation. As I said before, very few people know and must be laughing currently when they read here.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Resident Evil isn't my kind of "adult" theme...but I guess to each his own.

All the movies are rated R. The content is ultra violent. There is only one zombie theme out there in the market (TWD). Would be cool.

I'd love to see an R rated Deadpool pin after the next movie too. Would be awesome.

#183 7 years ago

I would love me some Pirates. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger on POTC despite the cool toy

#184 7 years ago

POTC, especially on the new--undoubtedly cheesy--film would be a hard sell for me. Harry Potter is leagues better as a thematic choice.

Both are far inferior to SUPERMAN.

#185 7 years ago

It is so obvious,i see the stars align if i say: jjp willy wonka

#186 7 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I would love me some Pirates. Just haven't been able to pull the trigger on POTC despite the cool toy

Stern potc isn't a bad game but imo it's no where near great. Toy is cool but toys get boring after a while!

If they do potc captian barbossa must be doing callouts. Jack sparrow is a great character but jackpots need to be yelled and Mr Rush is perfect for that

#187 7 years ago

I'd be really excited about a muppets pin! I hope that's true

#188 7 years ago

Liking Willy Wonka as well, Gene Wilder version please! It's a shame he isnt around for call outs such a distinguishable voice .

#189 7 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Falconpunch is correct. I always liked POTC till I owned one. The rulset is simple and hitting the ship over and over again gets old quick. It had to go.

#190 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Falconpunch is correct. I always liked POTC till I owned one. The rulset is simple and hitting the ship over and over again gets old quick. It had to go.

Pretty much everyone that I know who owns one has said the same thing, which is why I would get excited to see JJP do it all over again with depth. I love the look of the POTC but can you imagine with more and the programming Keith could do!

#191 7 years ago

With POTC coming out in May, I just don't see the timing being right for JJP. That could be a theme I could get behind. Same with HP for sure. Superman? no way. Most Millennials btw don't know how to spell Superman. We have to remember that whatever JJP chooses, it needs to cross generations.

#192 7 years ago

With POTC coming out in May, I just don't see the timing being right for JJP. That could be a theme I could get behind. Same with HP for sure. Superman? no way. Most Millennials btw don't know how to spell Superman. We have to remember that whatever JJP chooses, it needs to cross generations.

I hear your point but wouldn't consider it absolute as I don't think wizard of oz really crosses generations personally.

#193 7 years ago

Plus according to the Batman vs. Superman (vs. Gal Godot) movie that came out last year... Supes is, er.... *spoilers*

Superman is "indisposed" right now Putting out a Superman pinball machine right now might not fit DC's model of events for their character given the current storyline. (sorry if that was actual "spoilers" for people who haven't seen the movie).

#194 7 years ago

The more I think about it the more I like the Muppets suggestion. So much fun humor and whacky action that could be incorporated. I think it would be a lot stronger than Toy Story.

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

So much fun humor and whacky action that could be incorporated.

"Ode to joy" Multiball?

#196 7 years ago

I bet it will be Chicago Pinball Expo when we hear about game #4.

#197 7 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

A JJP Indiana Jones would be epic!

Sign me up for the pre-order, cancel then buy direct quicker than the pre-order wait list waiting list.

Hopefully not a wide body.

#198 7 years ago

0077 (resized).jpg0077 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg

JJP + BOND = Instant buy from me!

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Plus according to the Batman vs. Superman (vs. Gal Godot) movie that came out last year... Supes is, er.... *spoilers*
    Superman is "indisposed" right now Putting out a Superman pinball machine right now might not fit DC's model of events for their character given the current storyline. (sorry if that was actual "spoilers" for people who haven't seen the movie).

I guess you didn't watch the final scene?

#200 7 years ago

It is definetly going to be a wide body! I like it because it is a great complement to all the standard body machines.

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.