(Topic ID: 179608)

JJP #4 Announcement (Speculation)

By Sidekick74

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51N1GE2PD2L._SY445_ (resized).jpg
    Escape-From-New-York (resized).jpg
    IMG_4556 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3258 (resized).PNG
    so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    8 (resized).JPG
    7 (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    5 (resized).JPG
    4 (resized).JPG
    3 (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).JPG
    20170324_173133 (resized).jpg
    0077 (resized).jpg
    007 (resized).jpg
    There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
    #451 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Don't care what the game is, unless they finish off Hobbit's code I'm done with JJP.

I'm reasonably certain Hobbit will get some more polish, but I sincerely doubt there's much more game coming. If you're unhappy with it now, you'll probably remain that way. Why be unhappy? Just sell it and move on to one that makes you happy. Every pin can't be a hit for everyone.

#452 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

then you mention some '70s movie that hasn't been relevant at all in decades as a great theme.

It's a joke, in case you haven't figured that out yet. So is being involved in a hobby that becomes less relevant with each new ( and I use that term hesitantly) release, I guess.

#453 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm reasonably certain Hobbit will get some more polish, but I sincerely doubt there's much more game coming. If you're unhappy with it now, you'll probably remain that way. Why be unhappy? Just sell it and move on to one that makes you happy. Every pin can't be a hit for everyone.

I love the game but it all needs refining and tieing together. Whether this happens due to other games coming is another thing. I think it would comfort both current and future JJP customers to see solid code support.

#454 6 years ago
    Quoted from thewool:

Don't care what the game is, unless they finish off Hobbit's code I'm done with JJP.

Patience - it will happen.

#455 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Jjp potc will contain all 5 movies also. I really think the game could be as epic as Hobbit, but probably more packed with toys and shots.

There are 5 POTC movies!?!?

(I guess I'm not the target market for that pin)

#456 6 years ago

I thought SW was my next definite purchase. We're a huge SW household, but I'm just not sold yet. This stern showing really solidified what I've been saying about jjp all along. Jjp is far superior in every aspect. I think DI blows the doors off at this point. I'm anxiously awaiting jjp4, and I really think now is the time for them to strike.

#457 6 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I thought SW was my next definite purchase. We're a huge SW household, but I'm just not sold yet. This stern showing really solidified what I've been saying about jjp all along. Jjp is far superior in every aspect. I think DI blows the doors off at this point. I'm anxiously awaiting jjp4, and I really think now is the time for them to strike.

The swing and a miss by Stern with Star Wars should get JJP, Spooky, and Heighway in gear to start cranking out games. JJP needs to announce their next license stat and it needs to be more WOZ then Hobbit.

#458 6 years ago

Its too early to judge Star Wars just yet, but yeah from what has been shown so far its somewhat disappointing looking. I think JJP would have produced a much more impressive looking pin given that license. Still looking forward to playing it, but I think its gone from a must buy to a wait and see how it plays. Definitely opens a window of opportunity for JJP, Stern needs to really made sure it plays fun if they want to hold them off.

#459 6 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

JJP needs to announce their next license stat and it needs to be more WOZ then Hobbit.

I get you, but honestly all the JJP pins are very good. I played WOZ alot before deciding to get the Hobbit instead - and I am happy with my choice. Taking nothing from WOZ, I may own it one day, but I like the Hobbit more. However, JJP has 3 very interesting, fun, and unique games. Dialed in didn't grab me - but the more I watch videos it is starting to interest me more and more.

Here is another good video of the gameplay.

Looks fun right?

JJP#4, like the other 3 will be likely be awesome too.

#460 6 years ago

Maybe Stern has the original trilogy and JJP has the last.

#461 6 years ago

JJP need a big #4 announcement if they want to overshadow Sterns SW - which doesn't seem to have the most positive of first impressions, a licence like Bond would be just as big as SW imo, it would certainly steal my money away from Sterns SW.

#462 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Great advice. I traded my Smaug for a STLE. I'm not suddenly a JJP hater, in fact still have my WOZLE and look forward to the next reveal. I just think there are limits to what you can do with this game. Just not a lot going on unless you're in love with MM trolls x4 and drop targets. Trade or sell and move on and support the next game

#463 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

JJP need a big #4 announcement if they want to overshadow Sterns SW - which doesn't seem to have the most positive of first impressions, a licence like Bond would be just as big as SW imo, it would certainly steal my money away from Sterns SW.

While I am very fond of the 'classic' films, the Bond franchise has just turned into another bland action film series. Honestly, I think Bourne is more engaging of a franchise if you wanna go that route. I don't see a lot of people getting excited over that theme.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deadpin:

While I am very fond of the 'classic' films, the Bond franchise has just turned into another bland action film series. Honestly, I think Bourne is more engaging of a franchise if you wanna go that route. I don't see a lot of people getting excited over that theme.

Oh good shout, I would take a Bourne pin aslong as it was focused on the original Damon trilogy. Great films worh a lot of great scenes that would translate well to Pinball.

#465 6 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Great advice. I traded my Smaug for a STLE. I'm not suddenly a JJP hater, in fact still have my WOZLE and look forward to the next reveal. I just think there are limits to what you can do with this game. Just not a lot going on unless you're in love with MM trolls x4 and drop targets. Trade or sell and move on and support the next game

But they're not even MM trolls x 4. It's MM Trolls x 4 x 500% more frequency. The MM trolls are a little extra, some spice. The beast popups are an annoyance. They're active WAY too often.

#466 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I get you, but honestly all the JJP pins are very good. I played WOZ alot before deciding to get the Hobbit instead - and I am happy with my choice. Taking nothing from WOZ, I may own it one day, but I like the Hobbit more. However, JJP has 3 very interesting, fun, and unique games. Dialed in didn't grab me - but the more I watch videos it is starting to interest me more and more.
    Here is another good video of the gameplay. » YouTube video
    Looks fun right?
    JJP#4, like the other 3 will be likely be awesome too.

Like i said in the video, if you can get past the oddities of the theme it's actually an awesome game. I have this urge to want to play it again even now, weeks since i walked away from it after filming. Its just, Fun. And isnt that what this is all about?

#467 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But they're not even MM trolls x 4. It's MM Trolls x 4 x 500% more frequency. The MM trolls are a little extra, some spice. The beast popups are an annoyance. They're active WAY too often.

Agree. I can't stand how often they're up, and then there are entire modes dedicated to them as well. It just points to how limited that design is to work with.

#468 6 years ago

The scary thing is that Hobbit is supposedly jjps weakest link. Put Hobbit next to any stern and see how they compare in all aspects. Hobbit style isn't for everyone, but those of us that like that style, love the game. Any of the 3 jjps compared to any stern Le models will stand tall next to them. I'm highly disappointed with star wars, but am waiting to see gameplay. Looks alone though has definitely opened the door wide open for jjp4 to possibly steal my SW funds.

#469 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Haunted Mansion is the real winner for Disney theme...tons of possibilities with that theme.

Haunted Mansion or Harry Potter from JJP? Where do I send the check?

#470 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Agree. I can't stand how often they're up, and then there are entire modes dedicated to them as well. It just points to how limited that design is to work with.

Well the book modes that use the beast mechs do so in unique ways. Some have you just bashing a mech, others require certain shots to lower them to open a shot, others hitting them from behind, etc.

The Hobbits beast mechs are much more then just popping up randomly. If there's one compliant I have about them it's that Beast multiball should not stack with Smaug MB and that Beast multiball needs more rules added to it to make it more interesting.

#471 6 years ago

Using the beasts to block ramps and orbits was a good idea.

#472 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Using the beasts to block ramps and orbits was a good idea.

It goes well for the most part with how the movies are. They are constantly confronted from beasts and trying to escape one way or another. Agreed the best frenzy during smaug mb needs fixed though.

#473 6 years ago

Just waiting on this reveal to make purchasing decisions. Star Wars = out. That leaves AS, DI, and JJP #4. My interest level is as follows:

If JJP #4 > DI, then
    ....Choice = JJP #4
    ElseIf JJP #4 < DI then
    ....Choice = DI
    End If

Select Case Wife
    ....Case AS < DI and AS < JJP #4
    ........Choice = DI + JJP #4
    ....Case AS > DI and AS > JJP #4
    ........Choice = Choice (above in if statement) + AS
    ....Case Else
    ........Choice = Whatever Wife Wants!
    End Select

'purchase = 1 year apart

Attending the Chicago Expo this year again ... could get interesting.

#474 6 years ago

Another vote for Bond. Family friendly and mass appeal which would be a good fit for JJP.

#475 6 years ago

A Haunted Mansion pin based off the ride would be fun, but the 2000s movie was absolute trash. I know there's talks of a new movie, though. If JJP was able to produce a pin alongside the release of it, a la The Addams Family, which was designed based off of a shooting script, they might have something. My main concern is we'll get a clip show pin, which is something that really turns me off of Stern's pins. Any idiot can look up movie scenes on their phone, I don't want to put a dollar into a game and have to shoot a target to see something I can watch on Youtube for free.

#476 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I agree, they need to announce it and ship 6 months later this time at least.

I WANT to buy another JJP pin after Woz but have zero interest in the last two.

Stern is coming out with Guardians of the Galaxy, Scared Stiff and Iron Maiden thereafter.

They need to get some more OPTIONS on the table to take my $$$.

#477 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, they need to announce it and ship 6 months later this time at least.
    I WANT to buy another JJP pin after Woz but have zero interest in the last two.
    Stern is coming out with Guardians of the Galaxy, Scared Stiff and Iron Maiden thereafter.
    They need to get some more OPTIONS on the table to take my $$$.

Stern or JJP should add Wonder Women to their list. I think it's going to kick ass.

#478 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Stern or JJP should add Wonder Women to their list. I think it's going to kick ass.

I was skeptical (DC movies don't seem to have a good track record) but the latest previews looked really solid. Looking forward to seeing it.

3 weeks later
    #479 6 years ago

I want a Warriors pinball machine, Limited edition based on the classic movie with all the rival gangs.. sign me up. But I have a feeling it'll be Harry pOtter. preordered the Star Wars LE from Stern.. hope its good.

#480 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I want a Warriors pinball machine, Limited edition based on the classic movie with all the rival gangs.. sign me up. But I have a feeling it'll be Harry pOtter. preordered the Star Wars LE from Stern.. hope its good.

Harry Potter. I reddited with JK Rowlings nephew and asked him to tell her we want a HP pinball machine.. He said he wouldn't. I tried people.

#481 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I tried people.

Thank you for trying. I know a lot of people would love to see one.

LTG : )

#482 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

They supposedly were really close with bond, but there was severe restrictions on the video assets they were allowed to use. I'm not sure why that would be an issue, or if it's something between the rights holder and the movie studio, but they were definitely working on it. Fingers crossed they can pull it out.

There are 482 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4-announcement/page/10?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.