(Topic ID: 84192)

JJP #3 will not be a widebody? Do you care?

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DarkWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you care that JJP #3 will be a regular width plafield?”

• I could care less, it's a Lawlor game and I'm buying 45 votes
      17%
    • I really don't have a preference between regular and wide body games 120 votes
      45%
    • I don't care as long as they charge a little bit less 63 votes
      24%
    • Not happy, I was really looking forward to another Lawlor wide body game! 23 votes
      9%
    • Not happy at all - I wish JJP could do something consistent and I want a wide body game! 13 votes
      5%

(264 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

173298-family-guy-family-guy.gif
    about-us-feature1.jpg
    Doug Moe.jpg
    16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg
    shelby_preview_display.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
    choc_vs_pb.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    wide-body1.jpg
    image-183.jpg
    Grammer police.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zsuttle:

Widebody games typically have wider outlanes and space between flippers. I prefer regular

In no way is this true.

#26 10 years ago

I prefer standard body games normally.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

So you think strens standard body game with an LCD will be in the 5 to 6k range?

I would say no, but as is stands the price to product comparison is much in JJPs favor. I scratch my head at those who can't see that.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

With all the advances JJP brings why not let Pat have full design.

This is just speculation and I am sure others have said the same, but it could be that Pat has had a design or two ready to be made for years.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Pinfidel is 100% correct! Why are you guys talking about game 3 when game one is still in the need of major help. I don't get it, from what I've seen of one good luck with two. The WOZ my friends has is sub par so why would anyone buy game 2? It's just goofy to talk about 2 much less 3. Don't take my word, go to the PBHF and check that WOZ out if you want to know what these games are going to look like in 12 to 24 months.

Your science is beyond flawed. Might I suggest you compare any other brand game with the same amount of plays before a shop job?

My perfectly working wozle has not worn any more, and in many cases less than any other game I have owned. I play it every day. From the four WOZ games I have played on location and the three others in collectors homes I have played they all work perfectly and have held up well.

If you assume I have an invested interest, you are right I own two Sterns that I hope will be worth more one day, so I can sell them to buy the next JJP game. Somehow I doubt they will sustain their value with games like WOZ competing, but I can always dream.

Put your rusty balls away.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You I believe. Panzer..not so much. It just seems fake this torch he carries. There are plenty of folks who point out service issues with their Sterns and their Woz. I don't think many people read anything Panzer says anymore. Its literally a joke.
    meanwhile honest good and bad feedback helps owners of all machines.
    PS. I hate widebodies : )

You may not believe Panzer, and you are entitled to your opinion, but your dead wrong. Do you know him? He happens to be one of the nicer people in the pinball community. I have found him to be an honest man in real life, and his opinions and experience written on pinside are no different. I met him years ago, when I bought a game from him. When I bought the game, he went through it explaining in detail anything that might be considered an issue, no matter how minor.

Why do you assume he is not being honest?

PS- I don't normally like widebodies either, but that does not change the fact that my WOZLE has been an overall better experience than the other 50 games I have owned.

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Ah yes. The infamous Panzerfreak and his non-relenting posts inferring that unless you actually own a WOZ, you can't comment on it or JJP!

Ah yes. The infamous Rob T. who can not comprehend that someone might actually have an opinion that differs from his.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Because there is an Avalanche of evidence here at Pinside based on his posts. In his mind, JJP and WOZ are perfect in every way. There is no criticism EVER posted about WOZ/JJP that PanzerFreak agrees with.

Ok....and I quote.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just about every game with 7 volt boards has been rock solid.

You may not like his style of apologetics, but this statement does less than imply there is no problem with any WOZ game. I only had to read a few posts in this thread to find it.

Do you harbor the same opinion of people who constantly post negative things at every turn?

It's ok man, when you decide to buy a JJP game some day, I won't lol back at you.

Post edited by PEN: Buy* not by. Opps

#121 10 years ago

Before I get labeled a liar about my experience with WOZLE, let me point out that I had a screw fall out of my winkie guard target switch, and I had the game crash on startup 3 times out of a few hundred.

Should I quickly sell it at a firesale price? Run for the hills it's a ticking time bomb. The humanity....the humanity.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Why would you?
    I've never said that I wouldn't buy a JJP pin.
    What an odd statement.

Its not an odd statement at all, it was a joke.... And I meant buy, obviously. Opps.

#124 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not true. Has there been problems with WOZ? Yes. Do LED light board issues exist and should JJP offer everyone a free fix asap? Yes. Does every game have this issue? No, far from it. Would I be complaing if JJP didn't complete the code for the game? Heck yes. Do I think used games should have any LED light issue covered under the 1 year warranty. Yes. Can and should the GI be improved. Even though I don't play in the dark they could at least add a couple lamps in the lower playfield. Is WOZ the best pinball machine ever made in my honest opinion? Yes but you already knew I would say that, lol. Do I think Stern makes great games? Most definitely less and I think my ACDC is awesome. Do I think Stern should at least offer more toys that intreract with the ball for $7.5k? Yes.

Read this twice RobT. It's just not consistent with the opinion that the man is not honest.

#125 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll throw a couple in there too, lol. My lock down bar wasn't shutting properly and I had to adjust it. I also think I need to adjust the witch toy as it seems to recently be having a difficult time going up and down.

You should probably sell it, and sell it quick.

#148 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Keep trying all you want as JJP hit it out of the park with their first pin.
    Sorry dude. I got my WoZ and I never play it. It sits there looking all pretty but it doesn't do anything. There are no satisfying shots and, well I honestly cant tell you but it just isn't fun. It is hard to play and get anywhere but at the same time it isn't a challenging pin. I would sell it but I doubt it would sell for what I had in it and my kids like it.

I feel just the opposite. The rules make the game very compelling. The more I play it the more I understand, and the better I get at it.

The shots are satisfying if you understand the goals. I'm not saying you do not.....but before rules were in place I was very worried I would not like the game. Try, stacking modes and completing several modes while they are stacked. If that does not become fun, I don't know what to tell you. Not everyone will like it.

I think there are a lot of pinheads who do not understand rulesets, and that is Ok, I played that way for a few years, but for those that do, they normally will like games that do not have the typical flow satisfaction shots, as long as there are a great set of rules associated with the shots that are there. Again, I have no idea if that is you or not, but I am sure there are many pinheads who fit this description.

What is a typical game score for you?

#156 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Why are you guys giving thumbs down to zr?
    He owns the game, but is not allowed to give his opinion about it?

Well, I did not give him a thumbs down, and I won't, but it might be that the two people that did give him a thumbs down did so because they disagree or they found the post to be nonsense. I can't be sure of their reasons, but let me try and figure it out.

Quoted from zr11990:

Sorry dude. I got my WoZ and I never play it. It sits there looking all pretty but it doesn't do anything. There are no satisfying shots and, well I honestly cant tell you but it just isn't fun. It is hard to play and get anywhere but at the same time it isn't a challenging pin. I would sell it but I doubt it would sell for what I had in it and my kids like it.

He got his WOZ and never plays it.....Ok

It sits there looking pretty but doesn't do anything. OK, is it broken?

There are no satisfying shots and he can't tell us why, but its not fun for him. Ok, but he is not playing it, so that explains a lot.

It is hard to play and get anywhere but at the same time it isn't a challenging pin. What? It's hard to play, but you don't play it, but its not challenging. Now I am more confused.

His kids like it.....Wait, are they playing it? It must not be broken.

Seriously though, there are reasons to thumbs down that post. Just saying. Once again, let me know how you feel after playing enough games to understand whats going on. Because If you are not getting anywhere in the game, than you are either not playing well enough or you do not know what to hit to get somewhere in the game. If your not getting anywhere, how is it not challenging? This statement needs clarification in my opinion.

My advice is to tighten the outlane posts, you might find yourself getting somewhere in the game once you do that.

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from sven:

Hmm.... I thought this topic was about wide-body vs normal size, but I must have misunderstood
    About wide vs normal: I don't think it matters that much. I do like some widebodies, others less. Same with normal sized games. That said, I don't like widebodies more than normal, so to me, a normal sized is 'better' for less heavy and because I don't have that much space, my games are very close to each other, so normal-sized gives a player more 'handroom' at the flippers

Sometimes threads get off topic. It will all be ok.

I prefer standard size pins.

#160 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If I say I used to own one of those games and didn't particularly like it, I guess I'll get thumbed down for having an opinion that is not groupthink.

Group think goes both ways my friend.

I choose games I understand and enjoy playing. Keep in mind, I am the guy that likes XMENLE more than ACDC Prem, and I have owned both.

I have read 1984 a half a dozen times.

Quoted from vid1900:

where you have to repeat the same shots over and over to get anywhere

WOZ in no way is a game...."where you have to repeat....

I think for myself, I do not care to join the WOZ lovers or WOZ haters group.

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

A quote shouldn't be able to be edited ,I wish Robin would fix that shit ! Rewriting someones post is bullpucky .

Yeah!

#176 10 years ago

Is it true that widebody pins make the rocking world go round?

#180 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I cant really explain what it is. I will admit first of all that I am just beginning to learn the rules and I have not updated the code.

Thank you for being honest and validating my argument.

Update your code and make the outlanes tighter. Unless your a pinball god or just lucky as hell, those outlanes eat pinballs for breakfast. I also suggest making the left outlane mini game harder to complete, otherwise you end up playing it on every ball that is drained and bore of it quickly.

Knowing the rules to a game is important for the fun factor.

Pay attention to the hurry ups.

#185 10 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What I need is pinball friends to come over and play. It is a lot more fun to play pinball with others than by yourself. Once again though I am self employed so I have no work friends and I work 6 days a week so I have no time. People around me that I do know are not the least bit interested in pinball. If I could only teach m dog to play pinball

Update your profile to include your location. Find some pinheads in your area, and host a pinball gathering. Playing pinball with other players is one of the best ways to learn, and get better at playing them.

#200 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You gotta admit, a little different than your Avatar

What am I missing? I clicked on the link and did not see anything that would point to our beloved Aurich.

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Wait until you meet Rob and he's not wearing his Tron suit ...

I'm not a pinup girl either, though I do have one at home.

16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-will-not-be-a-widebody-do-you-care?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.