(Topic ID: 84192)

JJP #3 will not be a widebody? Do you care?

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DarkWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you care that JJP #3 will be a regular width plafield?”

• I could care less, it's a Lawlor game and I'm buying 45 votes
      17%
    • I really don't have a preference between regular and wide body games 120 votes
      45%
    • I don't care as long as they charge a little bit less 63 votes
      24%
    • Not happy, I was really looking forward to another Lawlor wide body game! 23 votes
      9%
    • Not happy at all - I wish JJP could do something consistent and I want a wide body game! 13 votes
      5%

(264 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

173298-family-guy-family-guy.gif
    about-us-feature1.jpg
    Doug Moe.jpg
    16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg
    shelby_preview_display.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
    choc_vs_pb.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    wide-body1.jpg
    image-183.jpg
    Grammer police.jpg
    There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Why are you guys giving thumbs down to zr?
    He owns the game, but is not allowed to give his opinion about it?

Thumbs downs indicate disagreement.

They must not agree with his statement that there are no satisfying shots.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

What am I missing? I clicked on the link and did not see anything that would point to our beloved Aurich.

I presume he looked me up in the staff directory and ... I dunno, I blew his mind that I was wearing a tie? I figured he didn't look like a big orange cow myself.

Come to any of the big SoCal parties, or Pin-A-Go-Go, I love meeting pinsiders. And I'll be in a t-shirt, no tie. No tattoos though, sorry!

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be in a t-shirt, no tie. No tattoos though, sorry!

Come see him in November when he has Día de Muertos paint on.

#204 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I presume he looked me up in the staff directory and ... I dunno, I blew his mind that I was wearing a tie?

I think his mind was blown by the blue sweater, not the tie.

http://arstechnica.com/author/aurich-lawson/

#205 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I presume he looked me up in the staff directory and ... I dunno, I blew his mind that I was wearing a tie? I figured he didn't look like a big orange cow myself.
    Come to any of the big SoCal parties, or Pin-A-Go-Go, I love meeting pinsiders. And I'll be in a t-shirt, no tie. No tattoos though, sorry!

Browsing through the cool site and up pops clean cut Aurich, a tie, all corporate looking, and no tats!

I was thinking more Spicoli from Fast Times......

#206 10 years ago

Wait until you meet Rob and he's not wearing his Tron suit ...

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not a pinup girl either, though I do have one at home.

16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg

#208 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm always wearing my Tron suit!

#209 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I pictured you as Eric Bangeman..........

Edit: that's what most of the pinball guys from my neck of the woods look like.

#210 10 years ago

Well I usually don't wear a coat and tie for anyone

Doug Moe.jpgDoug Moe.jpg

#211 10 years ago

Like the saying goes; "For Amusement Only".

#212 10 years ago

Hey, Ice. I pegged you as a Obama voter being a UT guy and all. LOL Humor, Joke, kidding.

#213 10 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I pictured you as Eric Bangeman..........
    Edit: that's what most of the pinball guys from my neck of the woods look like.

lol, Eric is a good guy. All the Ars people are awesome. And don't be hating on my blue sweater!

about-us-feature1.jpgabout-us-feature1.jpg

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well I usually don't wear a coat and tie for anyone

Doug Moe.jpg 178 KB

Lol..I noticed no one gave you a thumbs up for that pic. Sorry man.

#215 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol, Eric is a good guy. All the Ars people are awesome. And don't be hating on my blue sweater!

Hey Aurich does anyone tell Peter Bright he looks like the Family Guy?
    173298-family-guy-family-guy.gif173298-family-guy-family-guy.gif

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Ars has a front page?

10k visits by Christmas.

#218 10 years ago

Back on topic what if Lawlor was to continue a machine like Wizard Blocks on a similar platform to a pin 2000? This would mean neither a standard nor wide body whitewood which wasnt so much hinted at as it was a speculation from something Jack said. Lawlor has always stated it would be about 2m to get the first game as such to manufacturing. Is this too much since the numbers are so low compared to what they were selling back in the hay day or is there enough people out there that would want a Wizard Block or Wizard Block type game as #3? Is there enough out there that will buy it to make this reality?

#219 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Back on topic what if Lawlor was to continue a machine like Wizard Blocks on a similar platform to a pin 2000? This would mean neither a standard nor wide body whitewood which wasnt so much hinted at as it was a speculation from something Jack said. Lawlor has always stated it would be about 2m to get the first game as such to manufacturing. Is this too much since the numbers are so low compared to what they were selling back in the hay day or is there enough people out there that would want a Wizard Block or Wizard Block type game as #3? Is there enough out there that will buy it to make this reality?

Don't them going back to pin2k but maybe some variation of Wizard Blocks as a "mechanical game" on JJP platform?

"Ok, but could you take the basic design of Wizard Blocks and build it as a mechanical game with some toy like a stack of blocks that go up and down like the file cabinet from X-files?

"The answer is 'yes.' But first you'd have to deal with the patents and ownership of the concepts. More importantly, ideas are easy. Everyone you walk up to has a great idea for something that should be in a pinball machine. It could be a theme or concept or whatever.

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone you walk up to has a great idea for something that should be in a pinball machine. It could be a theme or concept or whatever.

How true

#221 10 years ago

I haven't seen very many pins since I was a teen, so I don't know what percentage are widebodies.
    I remember playing a widebody at a ski lodge in Michigan sometime around 1973. I remember it felt like a block of concrete. True, I was very young and skinny then...
    It was a quality machine, though. Can't recall what the name was---it was VERY wide, though.

1 week later
    #222 10 years ago

Quoted from Pinball News, Jack said at TPF the following:

"Despite having previously stated that Pat's game would not be a widebody design, Jack said he's now not sure whether it is a widebody or a standard size. "

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index4.html

#223 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from Pinball News, Jack said at TPF the following:
    "Despite having previously stated that Pat's game would not be a widebody design, Jack said he's now not sure whether it is a widebody or a standard size. "
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2014/index4.html

Just silly. Jack has also stated he's extremely happy with the progress on Lawlor's game and how far along it is. So you're telling me Jack can't tell the difference between a widebody and a regular? Please. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to field any questions around why one year he states the size of WOZ is JJP's standard and the next year he's stating their 3rd title will be a 'regular'. Everything that comes out of his mouth needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Whatever, I'm sure it will be another great game regardless. But like the voting here suggests, I would have expected a 'regular' game to be at least a little bit cheaper.

#224 10 years ago

Banzai run..... Safe cracker??????

#225 10 years ago

If you listen to the seminar Jack gave at TPF he told that Pat showed him several options of the new project. This can be translated into: at this early stage they are not sure whether a regular or widebody suits the game best... Both are possible if it fits the game.

#226 10 years ago

It's regular-ish.

I think Jack should just shut up, and let Lawlor do the work without crowing about it, then reveal it when it's ready. If you're not playing the "pre-order games because you need to money to make it" move then just do your thing in silence. Stern is smart that way. Otherwise you run the risk of people being burned out before anything is even done. Or pointless bickering when you decide to change something you already stated was going to be one way.

#227 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's regular-ish.
    I think Jack should just shut up, and let Lawlor do the work without crowing about it, then reveal it when it's ready. If you're not playing the "pre-order games because you need to money to make it" move then just do your thing in silence. Stern is smart that way. Otherwise you run the risk of people being burned out before anything is even done. Or pointless bickering when you decide to change something you already stated was going to be one way.

+1

Chris Kruger

#228 10 years ago

I'd like to see an $8,000 LE preorder price.

No theme reveled.

No size format reveled.

No delivery date reveled.

No updates, no prototypes at the shows, no cab artwork.

All the games will ship out on the same day, a surprise to everyone.

"Simply Lawlor" will be the working title.

#229 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd like to see an $8,000 LE preorder price.
    No theme reveled.
    No size format reveled.
    No delivery date reveled.
    No updates, no prototypes at the shows, no cab artwork.
    All the games will ship out on the same day, a surprise to everyone.
    "Simply Lawlor" will be the working title.

I'm in.

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

about-us-feature1.jpg 95 KB

Very cool pic of the employees, I like the layout.

#231 10 years ago

I've never understood the argument between standard and widebody, I've owned multiplies of both, the width of the game doesn't necessarily make it a good or bad game. It's the designers job to take the playfield real estate he is given and turn it into an enjoyable playing experience, sometimes it's magic, other times not so much, but the width is not the deciding factor.

All that said, I was very happy when it was announced that WOZ was a wide body, mainly because it probably meant more on the playfield, something which I felt the theme would benefit from.

IMO, I was right !

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Very cool pic of the employees, I like the layout.

Too bad it's so out of date, several people in the pic don't work for Ars anymore. We shot that in the parking garage of the John Hancock tower in Chicago a few years ago, probably time to update it.

#233 10 years ago

I fixed it even more for you

Quoted from iceman44:

Post edited for accuracy

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

These people, the "WOZ haters" are like FOX News when it comes to WOZ, and the "WOZ nutriders" are like MSNBC when it comes to WOZ. You just can't trust anything they say because they have an obvious agenda. *NOTE* he didn't really say this*

I am mixed with widebodies. depends on the layout. I like TZ, but IJ seems too floaty too me. Maybe because the left side of TZ is so packed full of toys, it basically makes it a standard size playfield. Although , I like STTNG and that one is pretty evenly spaced. I guess it depends on the whole package.

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-will-not-be-a-widebody-do-you-care/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.