(Topic ID: 84192)

JJP #3 will not be a widebody? Do you care?

By CraZ4Pin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DarkWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you care that JJP #3 will be a regular width plafield?”

• I could care less, it's a Lawlor game and I'm buying 45 votes
      17%
    • I really don't have a preference between regular and wide body games 120 votes
      45%
    • I don't care as long as they charge a little bit less 63 votes
      24%
    • Not happy, I was really looking forward to another Lawlor wide body game! 23 votes
      9%
    • Not happy at all - I wish JJP could do something consistent and I want a wide body game! 13 votes
      5%

(264 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

173298-family-guy-family-guy.gif
    about-us-feature1.jpg
    Doug Moe.jpg
    16133_190164856211_7026617_n.jpg
    shelby_preview_display.jpg
    image.jpg
    TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg
    choc_vs_pb.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    wide-body1.jpg
    image-183.jpg
    Grammer police.jpg
    There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago

Here is Pat Lawlor lineup…..

Williams[edit]
    Banzai Run (1988)
    Earthshaker (1989)
    Whirlwind (1990)
    FunHouse (1990)
    Red & Ted's Road Show (1994; part of WMS' SuperPin series)
    No Good Gofers (1997)
    Wizard Blocks (1999; prototype running on Pinball 2000)
    Midway (Bally)[edit]
    The Addams Family (1992)
    The Twilight Zone (1993; part of WMS' SuperPin series)
    Safecracker (1996)
    Stern / Pat Lawlor Design[edit]
    Monopoly (2001)
    RollerCoaster Tycoon (2002)
    Ripley's Believe it or Not! (2004)
    NASCAR (known as Grand Prix in Europe) (2005)
    Family Guy (2007)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008)
    Shrek (2008)

Glad we have both of them!

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here is Pat Lawlor lineup…..
    Williams[edit]
    Banzai Run (1988)
    Earthshaker (1989)
    Whirlwind (1990)
    Funhouse (1990)
    Red & Ted's Road Show (1994; part of WMS' SuperPin series)
    No Good Gofers (1997)
    Wizard Blocks (1999; prototype running on Pinball 2000)
    Midway (Bally)[edit]
    The Addams Family (1992)
    The Twilight Zone (1993; part of WMS' SuperPin series)
    Safecracker (1996)
    Stern / Pat Lawlor Design[edit]
    Monopoly (2001)
    Rollercoaster Tycoon (2002)
    Ripley's Believe It or Not! (2004)
    Nascar (known as Grand Prix in Europe) (2005)
    Family Guy (2007)
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2008)
    Shrek (2008)
    Glad we have both of them!

looking at the number of games he sold BR fail SC fail NGG fail RTRS c+ made Stern lame game M RCT N CSI

#53 10 years ago

Jpop…..

Star Wars Episode 1
    Tom
    CV
    Totan
    World Cup Soccer

What else?

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

looking at the number of games he sold BR fail SC fail NGG fail RTRS c+ made Stern lame game M RCT N CSI

I realize it's tough putting A to B sometimes but you do realize that TAF production was 22,000 and TZ was 15,000. Maybe, not really sure, but maybe it has something to do with the time period and the demand for pinball games.

I like every one of those Stern/Lawlor pins, let's drop 24 in there at the same time with Ritchie/Lyman…..A to B And before that there was T3, Elvis and WPT, I love Wpt, most people hate it….didn't sell

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Kind of ironic that JJP is known for wide body pins, then they hire a designer who is well known for some great wide body designs and .... they decide to have him do a standard body pin.

Jack announced early on that all of his pins would be wide body, but designed his assembly line to be convertable to standard, then said Pat's game will not be wide. More misinformation.
    Whatever.
    Don't care.
    Most likely Pat has something in mind and Jack is giving him a free leash to roam on, which is good.
    Looking forward to it, but please, Jack, no pre-orders.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I realize it's tough putting A to B sometimes but you do realize that TAF production was 22,000 and TZ was 15,000. Maybe, not really sure, but maybe it has something to do with the time period and the demand for pinball games.
    I like every one of those Stern/Lawlor pins, let's drop 24 in there at the same time with Ritchie/Lyman…..A to B And before that there was T3, Elvis and WPT, I love Wpt, most people hate it….didn't sell

All worship Gary Gayton his Star Trek sold over 16,000 and Evel Knievel 14,000 who cares about the designer if your that big a Lawlor fan go out and but one of his many games don't just spew about a game you know nothing about.

#57 10 years ago

Things change and sometimes there's an opportunity too good to pass up (Lawlor)

*shrug*

I'm not about to say "sorry, widebody only" to well respected designers.

#58 10 years ago

actually looking forward to it NOT being a wide body.

#59 10 years ago

I am very happy its not a widebody. I favour the gameplay in normal cabinets.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

All worship Gary Gayton his Star Trek sold over 16,000 and Evel Knievel 14,000 who cares about the designer if your that big a Lawlor fan go out and but one of his many games don't just spew about a game you know nothing about.

Do you have any clue what you are talking about? I'm getting ready to go change out lighting on RS, one of my favorites

#61 10 years ago

I still just want to see the Hobbit...

#62 10 years ago

Reminded me of this....
    Not picking on OP.

image-183.jpgimage-183.jpg
    #63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Reminded me of this....
    Not picking on OP.

image-183.jpg 15 KB

I wonder if that's actual stationary. I need to pick some up.

#64 10 years ago

Don't care. I'm a 1 & done with JJP. I've had my woz for 9 month & have maybe 50 games on it.

#65 10 years ago

I am not into wide body games, so happy to have a standard width, can you update the poll with a prefer narrow.

#66 10 years ago

Where's the Zizzle body style option?

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hobbypinball:

actually looking forward to it NOT being a wide body.

Dont hate on the wide body!

wide-body1.jpgwide-body1.jpg

#68 10 years ago

Why is everyone so concerned about every word out of Jacks mouth? We all know things change in business as well as stupid things come out of everyone's mouth now and again. Take now and again and tally up what ever you think it means, dont need your lists. Point is its a business you buy with your wallets. If Lawlor designs a wide body or something other than a wide body, wait, look or wait longer and play it. Buy or dont buy the guy has created many amazing machines and you cant take that away from him. Im excited since its been a while and who knows whats going on in creative brain of his however I will wait to see and perhaps play then vote with my wallet. All the other factors just really dont matter.

#69 10 years ago

Nice avatar!

#70 10 years ago

I thought the buzz had been that Lawlor had a design in mind. Obviously, it was a narrow body design. Jack could decide to do it or not.

#71 10 years ago

Depends on the game, if it's a home run then great glad it was a whatever body sized pin, if it's a turd then easier to flush down the pan if it's a standard size, widebody pins are floaters when they suck.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Why is everyone so concerned about every word out of Jacks mouth? We all know things change in business as well as stupid things come out of everyone's mouth now and again. Take now and again and tally up what ever you think it means, dont need your lists. Point is its a business you buy with your wallets. If Lawlor designs a wide body or something other than a wide body, wait, look or wait longer and play it. Buy or dont buy the guy has created many amazing machines and you cant take that away from him. Im excited since its been a while and who knows whats going on in creative brain of his however I will wait to see and perhaps play then vote with my wallet. All the other factors just really dont matter.

I'm not losing sleep at night if that's what you're worried about. But having a discussion forumn without discussing anything would be pretty boring.

#73 10 years ago

Is there any operator on here who ran routes in the early 90's?? I'm curious if anyone knows whether Williams had a price difference for their Superpin (widebody) games? I know there has been plenty of inflation since then so the difference in their price from regular to wide body might not have been significant ... but does anyone recall roughly what the price difference was if any?

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Is there any operator on here who ran routes in the early 90's?? I'm curious if anyone knows whether Williams had a price difference for their Superpin (widebody) games? I know there has been plenty of inflation since then so the difference in their price from regular to wide body might not have been significant ... but does anyone recall roughly what the price difference was if any?

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

» YouTube video

That should be looped in as the pinside anthem when ever we login...
    Thumbs up

#76 10 years ago

There are literally 100 regular sized games I'd want over any widebody ever made. So I for one am VERY happy about that news...

#77 10 years ago

The older I get the less I want to ever move a widebody again .

#78 10 years ago

Don't mind, as long as the size is something like this on the left

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg

or this

image-6.jpgimage-6.jpg

#79 10 years ago

Speak up now as it seams all JJP threads are getting locked down.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

In '79 Paragon cost $200.00 more than Kiss at Empire Distributing in Detroit. Also keep in mind Kiss had a license fee payable to Aucoin Management.

#81 10 years ago

With Pat behind it I would have liked to see what he could do with a wide body especially since its an original theme. Hard to believe this is announced up front. I think and hope this will be a hit. I probably like standard more that for sure but believe we could have got something really special as a wide key by Pat Lawlor. I never knew Jack could do standards and thought all were wide bodies. Seen this posted many times before. With all the advances JJP brings why not let Pat have full design. I will be interested to hear why they are going stanDard or story behind it when all is said and done.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

With all the advances JJP brings why not let Pat have full design.

This is just speculation and I am sure others have said the same, but it could be that Pat has had a design or two ready to be made for years.

#83 10 years ago

I am all for it. There are only two wide body games I really like. One doesn't play like a WB (to me at least) and the other is just so different you have to like it. Besides, why limit yourself to one design?

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Yes, SuperPins were more. I don't remember pricing going down on subsequent narrow body games though, so more of a "justifiable price increase" than SuperPins cost more I think. I'd have to look back at invoices for the games to be sure. I bought all wide bodies except Popeye and JD, and the first narrow body after the Superpin, The Shadow I think.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

This is just speculation and I am sure others have said the same, but it could be that Pat has had a design or two ready to be made for years.

3 years ago Jack said a well know designer had brought him a completed game they were very interested in - could be same.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

3 years ago Jack said a well know designer had brought him a completed game they were very interested in - could be same.

It's not. Pat's game is at least as far along as The Hobbit is though. If JJP can get production pumping, there likely won't be much wait between the two games.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#87 10 years ago

I hope you are right, Rob.

#88 10 years ago

With current new pin prizes I don't really care how wide or narrow the games are...Whatever I can afford is certainly not a NIB.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

If JJP can get production pumping, there likely won't be much wait between the two games.

This post is like deja vu from a year ago

#90 10 years ago

I thought I heard that before.

#91 10 years ago

I really don't care if they're widebodies or not. Like Rudy said, "It's only pinball!"

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwiz45b:

I really don't care if they're widebodies or not. Like Rudy said, "It's only pinball!"

If everyone took Rudy's words of wisdom to heart, the pinball community would be a place of peace and I would be able to stop taking sleeping pills.

#93 10 years ago

i prefer non-widebody to widebody, all other things being equal. why is there not an option for people who prefer standard width?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This post is like deja vu from a year ago

To true

#95 10 years ago

You're worried about game #3? Let's get game #1 fixed and out first.

#96 10 years ago

I knew Bill Aucoin. Strange guy.

#97 10 years ago

Get the torches shovels and pitchforks!!!

IBFTL

#98 10 years ago

Pinfidel is 100% correct! Why are you guys talking about game 3 when game one is still in the need of major help. I don't get it, from what I've seen of one good luck with two. The WOZ my friends has is sub par so why would anyone buy game 2? It's just goofy to talk about 2 much less 3. Don't take my word, go to the PBHF and check that WOZ out if you want to know what these games are going to look like in 12 to 24 months.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Pinfidel is 100% correct! Why are you guys talking about game 3 when game one is still in the need of major help. I don't get it, from what I've seen of one good luck with two. The WOZ my friends has is sub par so why would anyone buy game 2? It's just goofy to talk about 2 much less 3. Don't take my word, go to the PBHF and check that WOZ out if you want to know what these games are going to look like in 12 to 24 months.

Your science is beyond flawed. Might I suggest you compare any other brand game with the same amount of plays before a shop job?

My perfectly working wozle has not worn any more, and in many cases less than any other game I have owned. I play it every day. From the four WOZ games I have played on location and the three others in collectors homes I have played they all work perfectly and have held up well.

If you assume I have an invested interest, you are right I own two Sterns that I hope will be worth more one day, so I can sell them to buy the next JJP game. Somehow I doubt they will sustain their value with games like WOZ competing, but I can always dream.

Put your rusty balls away.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

You have been a troll on WOZ posts for a long time now and the post above proves it again. You act like every WOZ has LED board issues and that is far from the case. Just about every game with 7 volt boards has been rock solid. Also, JJP is working on a permanent fix the issue. Hey didn't Stern have to send out magnet boards for Metallica? Oh that's right, don't bring that up. Stern did the right thing and ended up fixing that issue and JJP will fix this one too.

Get out of here saying WOZ is subpar as you cannot be further from the truth. WOZ is one awesome pin and there's not anything else out there like it. I bought a NIB ACDC and NIB WOZ LE blast year and while the the Stern game is great, and fun there's just no comparison with WOZ which is in another league.

Your goal seems to purposely bash WOZ and JJP and put down the product they made. Keep trying all you want as JJP hit it out of the park with their first pin.

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-will-not-be-a-widebody-do-you-care/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.