Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

Hi Pat!

9 months later
    #48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

WE WANT INFO! WE WANT INFO!

Did you listen to the presentation at Expo that is available on Pinball News? Not a ton of INFO, but it was interesting to hear them discuss a bit about the title. Including the fact that The Hobbit is so stuffed that there is no room for more... so there will be a virtual component to the game.

(that was my interpretation of that part of the presentation)

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

What does that mean - virtual component? Is that like video modes? And what does Hobbit have to do with Pat's game? None of that sounds like any real news to me.
    How long has JJP been saying that they are going to make 2 games a year? It just seems silly to talk about any future games at the rate they are going. How many other new games from competitors will have come and gone by the time #3 becomes a reality? Probably will be in the double digits.

Dude, you are going into an obvious speculation thread where we are discussing a machine that has not been announced, being designed by one of the greatest pinball designers of all time (Hi Pat!). So this is meant with the best intention to help steer you...

Quoted from jawjaw:

None of that sounds like any real news to me.

Duh.

Quoted from jawjaw:

What does that mean - virtual component?

Listen to the seminar on Pinball News, and then come back and make a guess if you would like. If you are looking for hard news, just search Pinside for "Sterns next machine is". I'm sure those are all factual

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The early reports of "Dialed In" sound promising.

That wasn't really a report. It was more like a disgruntled person wanting to spoil things.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

None of that post made any sense.

Sure it did. It said "Jack isn't doing anything you want, please spend your money at Stern and stop backing Jack!". It just used different words to do it.

1 week later
    #176 8 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Just like a JJP fan to feel the need to bash Stern to build up JJP

Yo, buddy, you do realize that us JJP fanboys are helping keep Stern in business as well, right? Personally I'm glad I'm a JJP fanboy because that means I can still buy new Stern games as well.

And it wasn't really a bash. He was stating that Got is pretty sparse. GoT does kind of lack... but I bought one anyway because when I played it, I had fun. It was an enjoyable pinball experience. Pointing out facts isn't really bashing.

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

You do shows to get your name out and make sales. If the shows are so hard, Don't do them.
    You put out 200$k on woz to make money. You chose to be a distributor as a way to make money.
    What am I missing?

Quoted from pindome:

It's quotes like this why we need to get the thumbs down back!!

I normally disagree harshly with SilverBalls pot stirring. In fact, I think he is an ass. However, in this rare case, he is right. Do you know what I did all day today? My job. If I went complaining to my customers like the post he quoted, my customers would tell me to F off. But here, it is supported. If PinballSTAR (Joe is it?) doesn't like the work and investment of being a distributor, get a different job.

#310 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Why the secrecy from those that saw it or know about it? Pinside is 90% gossip and rumor anyway, throw another log on the fire.
    Could someone send me a private message regarding this please or tell me where to search. I promise I'll only post cryptic messages afterward.

I don't mind posting it in a public forum: It is the DaveH machine. Pat finally figured out how a pinball machine could dispense a hot slice of pizza and a cold beer when you win a free game. As soon as he gets the pizza dispenser patent it will go into production.

#319 8 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

If D&B started having pinball machines I WOULD care - and that's the point. In fact, if my local D&B had a good pinball selection I would go this weekend.
    Pinball may be dying...but it ain't dead yet (from a player perspective - but it is hard to be profitable from an operator perspective - and that is also the point).

I'd go eat there. So if my coming in to buy a burger and a beer was worth it to them, they would buy pinball machines. However some actuary that works there runs his equation and decides that my coming in for a burger and beer every few weeks does not offset the cost of attempting to maintain a pinball machine. It is that simple.

So instead, every few weeks Bertuccis sells a spaghetti and meatball lunch with a Sam Adams because they happen to be local to both of my local pinball haunts. I'm sure my lunches are not a blip on their radar. However, I wonder how many people do the same thing. An afternoon of pinball costs me about 30 bucks between gas, food, and pinball. It is a bargain.

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Came in to catch up and see the news on the new pin and well........ literally nothing but the usual off topic opinions on everything but jjp #3

I saw you commented and ran in here for news

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.