Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

It's confirmed that it's going to be a disaster theme (ie. Earthshaker, Whirlwind)

Where was that confirmed? Wasn't my understanding.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It will be either the culmination to the disaster series or the culmination of the heads.

Man I really hope not. Time to move on already. Let the man do something new.

9 months later
    #86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just a thought. When I saw the Snow White characters at Disney, my nerd gear kicked in and I immediately began to wonder if that tech. would be viable in pinball. This would be a great implementation if anyone was going to do it.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing after going to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and doing the Haunted Mansion, the projector faces are really well done.

#98 8 years ago

Alien isn't out yet, work on game 3 and 4 from Heighway is underway. It's the only way to run a sustainable business, you can't wait to start the next one if you want to release in any kind of timely fashion.

1 week later
    #125 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If it was true, JJP is in deeper trouble than they are now.

Why? Sounds like it was full of great ideas, toys, completely original, and has plenty of budget. What a Lawlor pin should be.

You haven't seen it, so to judge it now is asinine. If you don't like it after it's revealed then fine, you certainly have that right. But I can't see the point of being negative about it now.

#201 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I don't disagree with that. And no, I don't bring games. It's too much work. But I'm not in the business. It totally different. I pay an entry fee for entertainment. Business go to show off new products, sell inventory and try to acquire new customers. Their expenses are a business expense and their time and work are for company gain.

Okay, and? That means that people should be dicks to him? Not following your point. No one was bitching or complaining about the work they do until people were assholes about it.

If you're looking to get rich find another job besides selling pinballs.

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Sorry but TH look boring as f?@#,almost more than TH movies

I have no plans to buy a TH. Honestly it's just too damn expensive to start with. So I'm not cheerleading it.

I have no f—king idea what you're talking about though. It might be too grindy (30+ modes?) or something, who knows until we really play it at home, but boring? How can a pin with all that shit crammed into it be boring?

I swear, the opinions here just get so ridiculous. Maybe it's not the game for you, no worries. But just say so, instead of being hyperbolic. I think it's too expensive to sell like gangbusters, but if it was cheaper I bet it would.

#267 8 years ago

Who gives a crap about Dave and Busters? Any pinball company basing their strategy around them is in for a rude awakening.

#276 8 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

In the end its all about the money.

Then make a crane game. Dave and Busters doesn't want pinball.

What do I know though? Certainly not as much as Jack. I hope the Wizard of OZ Pindemption thing works. If they can win over Dave and Busters bully for them. Just not holding my breath is all. Happy to be wrong, it's only good for all of us.

#329 8 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

But now the manufacturers have cheaped out and gone to all bright white GI LED lighting boards and it sucks IMHO.

Alien will have full RGB LEDs, and so does Full Throttle. I kinda doubt Heighway is planning on dropping that any time soon. So there's that.

Back vaguely on topic, if I was walking past a Dave and Busters and they had pinball I'd go in and play. But I'd never drive out of my way for it.

#334 8 years ago

Guys, I can't ignore him if you're going to name him in your posts, so thanks for defending me, but just let it go. I have no idea what he said, and I don't care. Thanks for the kinds remarks anyways.

FWIW I only brought up Heighway because the comment I was replying to mentioned another company (Stern) and said "the manufacturers" so I was simply pointing out that one of "the manufacturers" was still doing RGB LEDs in the GI. Not trying to troll up a JJP thread. Given how off topic it is and how there's no news to discuss it seemed reasonable.

And no, I'm not a Heighway employee, Alien is a contract gig. Maybe that doesn't really make a difference, I dunno. I get nothing for Full Throttle sales though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#353 8 years ago

If someone wants to freak out that I mentioned that Heighway games have RGB GI in response to someone complaining that everyone seems to be ditching the idea (and we have no idea what Pat's game will use) then that's on them.

Kim has some personal issue with me now. I don't know why nor do I care. I put him on ignore and that's that for me. I'm going to try and stop talking about it now, that's the whole point of ignore, keeping petty arguments from spamming the forums.

Alex, if you don't mind taking some advice since you dished it out to me, the problem you have here isn't that you work for JJP. It's that you're confrontational and like to argue using language that tends towards personal attacks (with people who do the same back to be fair). It makes some people pissy, even if what you're stating is just a reasonable opinion.

I comment on Metallica, a game I own, all the time. Never had an issue. But then I tend to be positive about it.

I comment on Star Trek, I game I owned and sold because I didn't like the code. Again, no issue, even though I'm not glowing about it.

It would be shitty of me to try and trash talk JJP. No question. I happen to think that Hobbit looked really good at Expo, and deserves respect. My only real complaint now is the price.

If people think I should just muzzle myself because I'm working on game to the point where I can't even respond to a comment with a basic fact, then I guess they're going to just be disappointed.

I can't wait to see what Pat does. And I hope Hobbit starts rolling off the line as rumored. Best to everyone who bought one. No personal issues from my side at least.

#364 8 years ago

Why even engage them though? It's not like you're changing their minds. You're just fueling them up, they probably love getting a rise out of you. Some guy I don't know tried to suck me into a weird Alien troll thread. Once I saw that's what it was I just drained it. No idea if it's still going, don't care, there's just nothing positive I could add to it, better to avoid it. Don't feel like giving some idiot the satisfaction of a response.

It's not always easy to just walk away, but that's why I use ignore and drain, then I'm not tempted. I have plenty of capacity for being a dick and flaming people, I'm far from a saint, but when I see myself going down that road I use the Pinside tools to close the door on it before I got too far.

You're obviously a smart guy, with a lot of knowledge about not just the guts of JJP games, but of course your extensive powdercoating experience. Everything positive you contribute to the forum makes this a better place, I'd rather you were here posting personally. And I think you should be free to post your opinion on games you don't even own. If you're just posting a personal opinion and someone doesn't like it then it's probably someone who was going to hate on anything you did already. Haters gonna hate etc.

In the meantime I personally think it's great to have manufacturers posting here. Keith doesn't post much, but when he does it's usually interesting. Even his snark is usually pretty good, because he's often shutting down someone with a little well placed fact. I guess I'm a "competitor" and I have no idea how he feels about me, but I like him just fine.

Obviously I want Alien to sell well, I'd be an idiot to not want that. But is it going to trounce some other game because I bring it up in a thread? Pretty sure everyone already knows it exists if they post here. I agree that it would be poor form to try and pitch a Heighway thing in an official JJP thread, but come on, this thread is nothing but people BSing with each other. Pat's game hasn't been revealed, the "leak" is erased and no one wants to repost it (I have it saved myself since I texted it to someone, I thought it was shitty that it was posted here, and wouldn't share it if you asked).

#367 8 years ago

The "leak" was someone posting here on Pinside. No idea if it was real or bullshit. Robin deleted it. I texted it to a friend who doesn't read Pinside as a private conversation. I could pull it from that history if I wanted. That's all I meant.

I thought it was poor form on whoever did it. If he made it up it's lame. If it was true it was a shitty thing to do. Rumors are fun, but trying to wreck someone's company like that is super lame.

Edit: I get that for some people this is "serious business" and there's little love between some companies. For me it's not like that. I get it, I'm working for Heighway on Alien, I'm not a neutral bystander, and it's a tough line to hoe. But honestly I have nothing against other games in my heart. If any company comes out with something kickass I'm a potential buyer. My only knock at all, as a consumer, is against games that look awesome like Hobbit or Big Lebowski, but I just can't justify the price. These games are creeping close to $10k and for me at least it's too much. I spent $7200 on my Metallica LE, and I would love for that to be a max price. If someone makes me spend more they've got one hell of a game on their hands!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.