Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg
    There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I don't disagree with that. And no, I don't bring games. It's too much work. But I'm not in the business. It totally different. I pay an entry fee for entertainment. Business go to show off new products, sell inventory and try to acquire new customers. Their expenses are a business expense and their time and work are for company gain.

Okay, and? That means that people should be dicks to him? Not following your point. No one was bitching or complaining about the work they do until people were assholes about it.

If you're looking to get rich find another job besides selling pinballs.

#202 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I cant speak for PinballStar as Ive never met but Kingpin has brought at least ~50 games~ the past 2 years to MGC for people to play and have fun. Id rather help them than give them any grief for it, just saying.....

I agree with you again.

#203 8 years ago

I have no fucking clue how some of you pinballers can so easily say that you don't like a certain pin. We are not talking ab fucking Vacation America. WTF is going on? I haven't played a pin that I hate or don't like something about it. I can understand not liking certain things about a pin but to say you don't like a certain pin, especially modern ones, AT ALL. C'Mon Man, that must suck hairy pinballs. Maybe I should change my name to PINSLUT bc I'm diggin' the F%$@ out of all these JJP & Stern pins.

Big virtual reach around to ALL who bring pins to any event/expo.

#204 8 years ago

Sorry but TH look boring as f?@#,almost more than TH movies

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I have no fucking clue how some of you pinballers can so easily say that you don't like a certain pin. We are not talking ab fucking Vacation America. WTF is going on? I haven't played a pin that I hate or don't like something about it. I can understand not liking certain things about a pin but to say you don't like a certain pin, especially modern ones, AT ALL. C'Mon Man, that must suck hairy pinballs. Maybe I should change my name to PINSLUT bc I'm diggin' the F%$@ out of all these JJP & Stern pins.

Pinslut is already taken, sorry.

#207 8 years ago

You Bastard, I just spent 4 minutes looking for that! Congrats on the Royals Bro!

#208 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

You do shows to get your name out and make sales. If the shows are so hard, Don't do them.
    You put out 200$k on woz to make money. You chose to be a distributor as a way to make money.
    What am I missing?

What a Epic fail, Silver nuts Joe is one of the good guys in our hobby and you just made your self out to be a real Ass Clown. Show some class

#209 8 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

What a Epic fail, Silver nuts Joe is one of the good guys in our hobby and you just made your self out to be a real Ass Clown. Show some class

Silverballz hates JJP. Joe is a JJP distro. Ergo, Silverballz hates Joe/PinballStar.

When Silverballz takes 7-8k worth of his profits once a year to donate pinball machines to childrens' hospitals like Joe does, then his opinion on distros might carry some weight.

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

I have no plans to buy a TH. Honestly it's just too damn expensive to start with. So I'm not cheerleading it.

I have no f—king idea what you're talking about though. It might be too grindy (30+ modes?) or something, who knows until we really play it at home, but boring? How can a pin with all that shit crammed into it be boring?

I swear, the opinions here just get so ridiculous. Maybe it's not the game for you, no worries. But just say so, instead of being hyperbolic. I think it's too expensive to sell like gangbusters, but if it was cheaper I bet it would.

#211 8 years ago

Right on Pork Chop!

I've got nothing but HUGE respect for so many of these guys, too many to name, that bust their ass and go above and beyond for the love of pinball, cuz it can't be all about the $$$.

Whatever they get, they deserve anyhow.

Except for Flanker, he sucks "hairy balls" and so do the Packers

#212 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Go play your foosball bobby.

#213 8 years ago

Hey guys, he's allowed to voice his opinion... Yes, a distributor is going to a show to TRY to make money on sales. Of course. I was trying to put in context don't think we're making any sort of real money - we are not - and that's not even factoring in the capital we need to put in to even exist - and sometimes that money is at risk. You have no idea how narrow the margins are and then you get underhanded stuff that goes on to cut our throats. Many wonder why bother. But when we aren't around the pinball community loses :

1. You'll have to fight with companies directly - no middleman to fight for you in a tech situation, get you parts, etc... I have leverage you don't. Most companies are great on service anyway, but sometimes you need a voice.
    2. When you buy direct you are at the end of the line vs wherever the distributor got in way earlier and put his money up so you, the latecomer, will have an earlier spot in line. I ordered and paid towards nearly 100 Hobbits on day 1 - I did that to have early games to sell to my customers still to this day.
    3. Lugging games to all the local shows so you don't have to travel to Chicago Expo to see a game at a reveal. I've had MMR, AMH, WOZ, Hobbit all at shows this year...
    4. Communication - We send regular emails to our customers to keep them informed so they don't have to search Pinside or elsewhere for info on the games they buy.
    5. Who's usually sponsoring tournaments or donating prizes etc... Many times vendors and distributors. We just donated I don't even know over $ 1000 of gift certificates to Expobrawl at Expo - why, because we were asked to by the organizers so it's fun for the participants.
    6. Service - I've spent an hour on the phone with first time buyers to help them set a game up - on the phone while I instruct them HOW TO OPEN THE BOX to playing the first game. Anyone who's talked to me and I'm sure any other distributor knows we truly care. Day, Night, Weekends - not 9-5 - anytime you are stuck we pick our phones up.
    7. Spending time with newbies to the hobby - so they are comfortable, confident in their purchases, know how to use and care for the game, etc... Basically we integrate them into the hobby. And you know what that means - it's another NEW person to our hobby - another person going to a show to make that show thrive and survive, another person to buy your used game you are selling, etc...
    8. We have parties in between shows at our homes, or cool locations - Stern distributors host the launch party events, etc... again, more pinball for you !

Don't think all this and more isn't a drain on our lives - family, kids, regular job, wife, etc.. Please don't misunderstand that MOST distributors are just fellow hobbyists in some shape or form that are a distributor on the side... LOTS of us - Stern and JJP - Chris and Melissa at Cointaker, Trent at Tilt, Michael Pupo at Bay Distributing, Gary at Abel, Buddy at Mountain, Chris at Kingpin, and surely many others.... Days of time, physical work, long days on our feet, not playing or enjoying a show, big expenses to hopefully sell some games (many times we don't and just hope contacts and friends we made at shows are later buyers)... The whole distributor bash on Chris at Kingpin came from someone being unappreciative of the effort we put forth and the insane put down towards Chris. Just laying out the facts all these folks do it because they LOVE pinball - the $ is secondary and that's if it even exists.

: )

Now... back to Pat Lawlor ???

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Except for Flanker, he sucks "hairy balls"

...except for that one time I shaved them for him.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Go Pack Go

Quoted from centerflank:Pinslut is already taken, sorry.

Fuckin' interwebs! Always late to the party.
    At least I got the name PorkChopExpress. Had that as my fantasy football team name for over 10 years now.
    Kurt Russell is my homeboy.

#216 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except for that one time I shaved them for him.

I love your dog Avatar Boobie, is that tongue hanging out to lick your clean shaven balls too?

Why are they called the "packers"? (How bad do they miss Jordy Nelson and where has the secondary gone?)

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

You do shows to get your name out and make sales. If the shows are so hard, Don't do them.
    You put out 200$k on woz to make money. You chose to be a distributor as a way to make money.
    What am I missing?

Quoted from pindome:

It's quotes like this why we need to get the thumbs down back!!

I normally disagree harshly with SilverBalls pot stirring. In fact, I think he is an ass. However, in this rare case, he is right. Do you know what I did all day today? My job. If I went complaining to my customers like the post he quoted, my customers would tell me to F off. But here, it is supported. If PinballSTAR (Joe is it?) doesn't like the work and investment of being a distributor, get a different job.

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

(How bad do they miss Jordy Nelson and where has the secondary gone?)

Not as much as Texas missed Colt when we dismissed him from the National Championship game.
    tROLL TIDE

#219 8 years ago

Not as much as Texas missed Colt when we dismissed him from the National Championship game.
    » YouTube video

Ahhhh, the good old days!!! It's pretty bad when Baylor and TCU now regularly kick our ass

It's been all downhill since Colt went down and Garret Gilbert came in hand Alabama a gimme win

And we are missing a whole LOT more than Colt. The program is a joke right now, what can I say

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I normally disagree harshly with SilverBalls pot stirring. In fact, I think he is an ass. However, in this rare case, he is right. Do you know what I did all day today? My job. If I went complaining to my customers like the post he quoted, my customers would tell me to F off. But here, it is supported. If PinballSTAR (Joe is it?) doesn't like the work and investment of being a distributor, get a different job.

If you knew Joe, you wouldn't have said that. If you'd like to PM me, I can let you know what a valuable asset Joe is to this community, to children he's never met, and to his family. He's got a right to get pissed off.

And by the way...Joe worked all day today at his job, which has absolutely nothing to do with pinball. But again, I'm not going to say anything in a public forum that would embarrass a friend, even in support. If you want to know why you're wrong in more depth, I'm happy to explain off-forum.

#221 8 years ago

Joe's the man.

#222 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have no f—king idea what you're talking about though. It might be too grindy (30+ modes?) or something, who knows until we really play it at home, but boring? How can a pin with all that shit crammed into it be boring?

Reminds me of this time I was with a group of people and Julia Roberts shows up on the TV. Someone comments on how ugly she is.

Now you might not think she is beautiful, but ugly? That comment said more about the person making it than it did about Julia Roberts' relative beauty.

Back on topic. It's possible that the Hobbit ends up being boring, but I think there is enough going on with the playfield that it has the potential to be a very fun game. Time will tell.

#223 8 years ago

I have no fucking clue how some of you pinballers can so easily say that you don't like a certain pin. We are not talking ab fucking Vacation America. WTF is going on? I haven't played a pin that I hate or don't like something about it.

I've always felt the same way... Even ones people say are real clunkers I've enjoyed. Of course the real great games are much more fun, but even the old woodrails, etc. are really fun. It's a game, you're supposed to have fun with them, not pick apart whatever minute thing you can find you don't like about it.

#224 8 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I've always felt the same way... Even ones people say are real clunkers I've enjoyed. Of course the real great games are much more fun, but even the old woodrails, etc. are really fun. It's a game, you're supposed to have fun with them, not pick apart whatever minute thing you can find you don't like about it.

A lot of these opinions are targeted towards a possible purchase of a pin and having to pay something in the range of 9K for them.
    Personally, I enjoy many pins but by far not all of them. Some pins are just not for me - at all. And when it comes to pins I actually want to put in my gameroom I've even got a hard time filling the 8-9 slots I have with machines I "need to have" (as opposed to "nice to have").
    Do I expect to have fun when spending a dollar for a game on TH? Of course! Does TH trigger an uncontrollable urge to have it at home and own it? From what I see right now, for me not really.

This is a forum, it's made for opinions and speculation - what a boring place this would be if everyone would always unconditionally love every single machine coming out and no one would state a critical opinion.
    I do a agree that you shouldn't overdo it like that guy with the elephant avatar constantly dismissing games for just any reason, but I think it's ok to say that a layout doesn't look appealing if you feel that way.

#225 8 years ago

I am still curious how the rumored 2 way mirror will work

#226 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never heard that, what's that rumor about?

#227 8 years ago

I have never heard a kid say "I want to be a pinball distributor ....the cars, the airplanes, women". Probably because there's not a whole lot of money in it at all. Most distributors have day jobs as well and primarily do this because they simply like the hobby. There's a lot of work, expensive travel, back breaking set up, and all on their "day off". So at the very least we need to give them respect.
    Buying from distributors can be a smart move, as I found out with WOZ. Most of the complaints about jumping in line were simply people buying from distributors from the allotments moving ahead of those that bought from JJP. This time I bought from a distributor.
    Also you may get a better price (or not) but maybe something else thrown in for free.
    Also you have a "go to" person if something goes wrong.
    There are good reasons to buy from distributor - it helps both you and the distributor and cost you nothing (NIB)

#228 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe like this. If they use a one-way mirror...

mirror.jpgmirror.jpg

#229 8 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

It's quotes like this why we need to get the thumbs down back!!

Click on the "dash box" in the upper right corner of the post you want down vote and pick the garbage can. Or one of the other selections if the offense isn't too egregious.

#230 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Click on the "dash box" in the upper right corner of the post you want down vote and pick the garbage can. Or one of the other selections if the offense isn't too egregious.

The new "PLONK" button......

#231 8 years ago

Sad to see so much negativity all the time on pinside. I swear it's not healthy to live on this site, hit refresh all day and argue with people. All pin all is fun.

#232 8 years ago

I've got mad respect for anyone that brings games to a show. I brought 2 games to SFGE in Atlanta the first year, and it added a new layer of difficulty to the show.

Let's not forget that we are in a hobby with 300 pound objects that require constant maintenance and love. Moving them is a giant pain in the ass. That alone makes these people saints. Even distributors that bring games to try and drum up sales have to move the pins and set them up. It sucks.

I think we should all be much cooler to people who go through that effort, distributor or not.

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Sad to see so much negativity all the time on pinside. I swear it's not healthy to live on this site, hit refresh all day and argue with people. All pin all is fun.

dramatic irony
    [drah-mah-tik ahy-ruh-nee]
    noun
    1. irony that is inherent in speeches or a situation of a drama and is understood by the audience but not grasped by the characters in the play.

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think we should all be much cooler to people who go through that effort, distributor or not.

4 sure...now BTT.

#235 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Silverballz hates JJP.

You sure seem to be the expert on who the JJP haters are.

#236 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

He's pretty good but not an expert. But ask him a ball shaving question and De BOOB is DE MAN!

#237 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

welcome to the internets

#238 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You don't have to be an expert. It's obvious. Let's add EK77 and SadSack to the list.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

He's pretty good but not an expert. But ask him a ball shaving question and De BOOB is DE MAN!

Ironic, since I go au naturel.

#239 8 years ago

I hope they will do PREDATOR
    So I have enough time to forget the details about my loss wit the a..h..e Kevin and jumping on another train to Predator. Would really like to have Alien next to Predator

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't have to be an expert. It's obvious. Let's add EK77 and SadSack to the list.

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And there after 5 years on Pinside there's the one post that should make us all close our accounts... Dude, seriously ? lmfao

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from the_one:

I hope they will do Predator
    So I have enough time to forget the details about my loss wit the a..h..e Kevin and jumping on another train to Predator. Would really like to have Alien next to Predator

I hope they do Prometheus.

Love how that movies ties the whole Aliens topic together and blows it up to a much larger existential scale.

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Boring no over priced yes over rated yes boring no

#244 8 years ago

So, nothing about lawlors game in two pages, just another stupid pissing match. Blah, blah, blah.....talk about the leak that supposedly happened

#245 8 years ago

WOW!!!!!
    You should change your handle to Shooter Rod

#246 8 years ago

Man after logging on this morning and seeing there was like 36 new replies since yesterday, I was thinking more came out about #3 or even the hobbit.

#247 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Why are they called the "packers"?

really?

I have no fucking clue how some of you pinballers can so easily say that you don't like a certain pin.

The current prices are so high that people must feel the games have to be GOAT material to be worth buying. That's the case with JJP's price point (for me).

#248 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Come on man. Your every post doesn't have to be bait. Can't even neg it.

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correction. Sadsack hates everything. =)

#250 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Shows are hard work. Do you bring games to MGC or Expo/Explo?

the ones that complain the most never do.

-c

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.