Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg
    There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Drunken_Idaho:

On a serious note, I'm pretty excited about an original theme. There's been a dearth of unlicensed themes lately. Heighway FT and Spooky AMH are the only ones that come to mind recently, so it's great news PL and JJP are developing something unique.

WOOLY

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

Even if the disgruntled person wanted to wreck it, he misjudged, at least for me. It just got me excited for more. Pumped for JJP #3.
    "Hi my name is Ross, and I'm a fanboy"

I'm a fanboy too, what'd i miss and what was spoiled?

#103 8 years ago

WOOLY looks interesting, as do the P3 tables like Lexy Lightspeed, but I think they will all be low production number games if I remember correctly.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Alien isn't out yet, work on game 3 and 4 from Heighway is underway. It's the only way to run a sustainable business, you can't wait to start the next one if you want to release in any kind of timely fashion.

So tell us what is game 3 and 4

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I'm a fanboy too, what'd i miss and what was spoiled?

JJP Game 3 info was leaked and then removed from Pinside.

Something about a robot arm ball diverter, titled "dialed in", 2 way mirrors were involved, who knows, even if you posted everything that was said it wouldn't matter.

Remember how many people imagined the dragon on The Hobbit looking/interacting? It got so ridiculous that it had to be bound for disappointment. The only thing that would have lived up to the expectations at that point were if a real live fire-breathing miniature mythical creature was included under the play field glass (and covered in liquid gold on the LE).

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Remember how many people imagined the dragon on The Hobbit looking/interacting? ... The only thing that would have lived up to the expectations at that point were if a real live fire-breathing miniature mythical creature was included under the play field glass (and covered in liquid gold on the LE).

Wow, you say that like it is too much to ask

#107 8 years ago

I read it before it was taken down but not sure what I read besides the 3 Disney licenses he supposedly secured.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I read it before it was taken down but not sure what I read besides the 3 Disney licenses he supposedly secured.

That post was suspect for a variety of reasons.

Since when is JJP so cozy with Disney, and yet couldn't get Star Wars?

And Pirates of the Caribbean? Yeah, there's going to be a 5th movie, but that theme's potential peaked backed in 2006-2007 era.

None of that post made any sense.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

None of that post made any sense.

Sure it did. It said "Jack isn't doing anything you want, please spend your money at Stern and stop backing Jack!". It just used different words to do it.

#110 8 years ago

You know what else would be cool? Holiday themes that. Only come up during the month of the holiday. You tcould turn it off, but the skin of the machine would be halloween, xmas, easter, etc. there could be jazzed up graphics with little changes and color pallettes. Hmmmm

#111 8 years ago

Whatever it is it wont be shipped till 2021. Im glad I backed out of TH, it's been 4 years or more since they started taking money if I'm not mistaken.

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Whatever it is it wont be shipped till 2021. Im glad I backed out of TH, it's been 4 years or more since they started taking money if I'm not mistaken.

Well, I think it will be 3 years in November, but yes, it's taken a long time.

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Since they have a cash infusion into the company, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't out at the end of next year (2016). If it's much later than that, the company will be in trouble again, unless of course the Hobbit is so successful the production line is maxed out. My guess, is to keep the money rolling in and profits up, they will need to have 2 games a year with good solid production.

#114 8 years ago

I suspect TH will do as well as WOZ did - and when they finally do get it on the production line I bet they will be building hobbits for a while (all year next year and into the next).

I personally had doubts that they would be able to ship this summer, or fall, but I really do think they will be shipping before the end of this year.

#115 8 years ago

I look forward to the rich guy pics of "hey guys, I bought Woz, Hobbit and Lawlor 3, they all arrived today!"

1 week later
    #116 8 years ago

did anyone screenshot any of the stuff about #3 before it got pulled?

sorry about setting a false alarm. This game is pretty much the only new pinball reveal i've ever got even remotely excited about.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

sorry about setting a false alarm. This game is pretty much the only new pinball reveal i've ever got even remotely excited about.

Deleted

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

A lot of it was pretty questionable. As I pointed out before, licenses don't always happen. There are at least three I know of in limbo that will likely never happen.

And the machine call you. I think someone at Streamwood was setting Bryan up. Back around 1949 Seeburg had a juke box out, at least in my area. It was hooked to a phone line. You put money in and an operator would answer. You tell her which song you want to hear and she'd pick it. As far as I know Seeburg's idea didn't last long.

I don't think JJP is dredging up 65 year old technology.

We'll know what is really going on soon enough.

LTG : )

#119 8 years ago

? WHO posted WHAT WHERE?

#120 8 years ago

While everyone is curious, I refuse to restate the post as it has a negative impact on JJP's pin release strategy, sales, etc. I know people won't like me for that... but I hope more, if not all of you respect that. The guy that posted that is a total a-hole for releasing trade secrets of JJP.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from daveispinball:

While everyone is curious, I refuse to restate the post as it has a negative impact on JJP's pin release strategy, sales, etc. I know people won't like me for that... but I hope more, if not all of you respect that. The guy that posted that is a total a-hole for releasing trade secrets of JJP.

I agree. I'm super excited about learning the 3rd pin, but really crappy to post secrets before JJP wanted it out there.

#122 8 years ago

The description of the pin sounded so weird I doubt it was true.

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

The description of the pin sounded so weird I doubt it was true.

Actually I think most of what was written was true and that is why it was taken down so quickly.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Actually I think most of what was written was true and that is why it was taken down so quickly.

If it was true, JJP is in deeper trouble than they are now.

#125 8 years ago

If it was true, JJP is in deeper trouble than they are now.

Why? Sounds like it was full of great ideas, toys, completely original, and has plenty of budget. What a Lawlor pin should be.

You haven't seen it, so to judge it now is asinine. If you don't like it after it's revealed then fine, you certainly have that right. But I can't see the point of being negative about it now.

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Why? Sounds like it was full of great ideas, toys, completely original, and has plenty of budget. What a Lawlor pin should be.

Why? Because Kirk hates JJP. That's why.

#127 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You haven't seen it, so to judge it now is asinine. If you don't like it after it's revealed then fine, you certainly have that right. But I can't see the point of being negative about it now.

Sounds like a lame idea, as well as having a Pirates of the Caribbean license.

That's why the article is suspect.

And if it is true, then JJP's in a lot more trouble than they already are.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wrong! But thank you for playing anyway!

Seeing as I doubt that JJP would have plans so stupid proves that I don't hate them.

If I did, I'd say "Yup! Sounds like JJP!"

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, it's pretty well documented that Kirk hates George Takei/Sulu more.

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Actually, it's pretty well documented that Kirk hates George Takei/Sulu more.

I like him. Takei hates me.

He's jealous.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I look forward to the rich guy pics of "hey guys, I bought Woz, Hobbit and Lawlor 3, they all arrived today!"

I hope that is a great day for you

#132 8 years ago

I like him. Takei hates me.
    He's jealous.

Very Kirk-like response. At least you didn't call him mentally unbalanced...again.

#133 8 years ago

POTC makes no sense to me ...

As Jack stated in the interview on pinballnews : "We will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."
    So why doing an existing theme again?
    I would like to see a "Monkey Island" pinball machine. Maybe POTC is only a codename .
    For George Lucas sold Lucasfilm (incl. Lucasarts) to Disney, that could be possible.

#134 8 years ago

I think a pirate theme could be cool if done right. I love Black Rose. I thought POTC sucked, but that was more about the layout.......that being said, it was a beautiful pin.

#135 8 years ago

So, does Muppets count as original?

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

POTC makes no sense to me ...
    As Jack stated in the interview on pinballnews : "We will not make a Jimi Hendrix or another Jurassic Park or Ghost Busters or anything that has been done before. We want to do new innovative things in pinball."

Of course JJP isn't doing those titles, because Stern is

#137 8 years ago

If they made a toy story pin, I'd buy every one of them.

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I agree that to judge based on some selective info posted by a disgruntled worked is silly.

PL has made some games with quirky themes.... and I LOVE them!

However, having said that, if Im being honest, I really HOPE that post was mostly bullshit.

One challenge with JJP #3 is (like Smaug) there's been sooo much build-up it may be difficult for it to match the sky-high expectations people have.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

If they made a toy story pin, I'd buy every one of them.

That was one of the licenses in the 'leaked ' info.

#140 8 years ago

"The collapse of America " would be a good disaster theme and likely to be topical next year.

#141 8 years ago

People were writing JJP off during the 4 yr process it took to get Woz done. It is a huge success.

People are still writing JJP off despite the delays and "lateness" of TH. And despite all that, the reviews of TH are fantastic and will probably sell more than Woz.

The "JJP is in trouble" mantra just ignores the deep pocket venture capital guys that just came in. It looks like JJP is going to be around for a long time, like it or not.

And now people are speculating that based on some random posted BS that Lawlor's pin, JJP's #3 is going to suck and take JJP down.

How STUPID is that? Well its really STUPID, because if I'm going to "speculate", I'd bet ON a Lawlor pin being GREAT with today's technology and a JJP pin budget.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

the reviews of TH are fantastic

Is that so? (serious question, no fight intended)

From what I've seen and heard from others who played the machine so far it seems that TH might not play as good as it looks.
    I'm a bit worried myself as the layout looks very boring to me. 2 identical mirrored ramps extremely close together, 2 loops and...yeah, what other shots are there? The "trolls" do seem cool and the individually controllable drops are also a plus, but it's just drop targets - I would prefer less drops but more real "shots". And having to play 30+ modes seems more like a chore than great fun, I always imagine myself having to play 30+ modes on LotR and sure as hell would not enjoy that.

But we will see, right now I'm just keeping my expectations low and hoping the final build will be much better than my current "opinion"!

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

From what I've seen and heard from others who played the machine so far it seems that TH might not play as good as it looks.
    I'm a bit worried myself as the layout looks very boring to me. 2 identical mirrored ramps extremely close together, 2 loops and...yeah, what other shots are there? The "trolls" do seem cool and the individually controllable drops are also a plus, but it's just drop targets - I would prefer less drops but more real "shots". And having to play 30+ modes seems more like a chore than great fun, I always imagine myself having to play 30+ modes on LotR and sure as hell would not enjoy that.
    But we will see, right now I'm just keeping my expectations low and hoping the final build will be much better than my current "opinion"!

Everyone seems obsessed with deep rules lately. The deeper the better, but I agree with you, too many modes is too much. I'm not a great player but I'd like a chance to get the wizard mode. We need a good balance of challenging but not impossible. How many people have even seen the super wizard mode on tspp?
    We'll have to wait and see on TH.

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

I played it at MGC, but the guys who brought it there gimped it. Played slow as fuck. When asked about that or the sound, they didn't have much to say about why you couldn't hear the pin or why the slow was at 3 degrees.

I would have really liked to see more of the gameplay, but didn't have a chance.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

the reviews of TH are fantastic and will probably sell more than Woz.

it's middle of the road on "fun factor" for me. I like WOZ better. Just one data point for you. I played it one time at expo, maybe 5 minutes max so that isn't 100% fair or a final review from me. I would need to play it more to want to buy one.

this is all off topic. sorry.

Edit:take my review with a grain of salt. I am an old tightwad that is really generally hard to impress...

#146 8 years ago

Everyone is talking about POTC, but who knows if it's the movie the pin is based on. What if it is based on the theme park ride itself. You could do a lot of cool stuff with that.

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I played it at MGC, but the guys who brought it there gimped it. Played slow as fuck. When asked about that or the sound, they didn't have much to say about why you couldn't hear the pin or why the slow was at 3 degrees.
    I would have really liked to see more of the gameplay, but didn't have a chance.

i brought the game and you have no idea what you are talking about. the machine was set at factory settings for pitch. it was also set at 3 balls per play. how many other shows have you been to where that happens? most of the time it is set for 1 ball per play so that more people can play it. The machine volume was also turned up so that it could be heard, but not overwhelming to the rest of the hall. I don't remember you complaining about anything other than not getting a wristband for the after party.

Stick your own neck out on the line and become a distributor, then you can set the machine as you like. Thousands of people played that game over the weekend and there were minimal complaints. Could it have been set faster? Of course, but then the people that were new to pinball would have walked away disgusted. Not everyone wants there games set at a 7 degree pitch. I literally talked with thousands of people over the weekend and 95% of them were happy with the game.

#148 8 years ago

Any chance we could see a jjp music themed pin with concert footage etc... on the LED displays?

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i brought the game and you have no idea what you are talking about. the machine was set at factory settings for pitch. it was also set at 3 balls per play. how many other shows have you been to where that happens? most of the time it is set for 1 ball per play so that more people can play it. The machine volume was also turned up so that it could be heard, but not overwhelming to the rest of the hall. I don't remember you complaining about anything other than not getting a wristband for the after party.
    Stick your own neck out on the line and become a distributor, then you can set the machine as you like. Thousands of people played that game over the weekend and there were minimal complaints. Could it have been set faster? Of course, but then the people that were new to pinball would have walked away disgusted. Not everyone wants there games set at a 7 degree pitch. I literally talked with thousands of people over the weekend and 95% of them were happy with the game.

I didn't complain directly, but the gameplay did leave a bad taste in my mouth. I did ask you to try and reach out to centerflank to see if he had the wrist band he promised me, he didn't show up so I left. I didn't complain to you about that,I just asked if you knew him, you did and you sent him a text. he never showed so I left. I may have complained later that he wouldn't respond to your text, my PM or a general inquiry on pinside and I couldn't spend the whole night trying to find him before getting kicked out for the party.

The people new to pinball arn't buying $8500 machines in the first place, so why cater to them? Do you even carry machines or you do you drop ship everything?

#150 8 years ago

Regarding a toy story pin, which model should I buy?
    Glow in the dark buzz green,
    Or plaid sherif woody with badge shooter rod?

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.