Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

so there will be a virtual component to the game.
    (that was my interpretation of that part of the presentation)

I picked up on this too. What do you think a virtual component could be? Let's all speculate on this for a bit.

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gotpins:

I picked up on this too. What do you think a virtual component could be? Let's all speculate on this for a bit.

Some type of video mode or integration with the LCD?

#53 8 years ago

What does that mean - virtual component? Is that like video modes? And what does Hobbit have to do with Pat's game? None of that sounds like any real news to me.

How long has JJP been saying that they are going to make 2 games a year? It just seems silly to talk about any future games at the rate they are going. How many other new games from competitors will have come and gone by the time #3 becomes a reality? Probably will be in the double digits.

#54 8 years ago

A virtual Banzai Run like playfield in the head....

#55 8 years ago

I think I remember a Pat Lawlor interview where he was talking about pinball 2000 and wizard blocks and how that game could never be completed and how the pin2000 platform is basically dead. I think I remember him saying something along the lines of "there are other ways to perform the pin2000 trick". Basically saying that you could get the same effect without having to deal with patent issues and stuff like that. Anyone else remember that interview? Was it in Clay's interview or am I making stuff up?

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

What does that mean - virtual component? Is that like video modes? And what does Hobbit have to do with Pat's game? None of that sounds like any real news to me.
    How long has JJP been saying that they are going to make 2 games a year? It just seems silly to talk about any future games at the rate they are going. How many other new games from competitors will have come and gone by the time #3 becomes a reality? Probably will be in the double digits.

Dude, you are going into an obvious speculation thread where we are discussing a machine that has not been announced, being designed by one of the greatest pinball designers of all time (Hi Pat!). So this is meant with the best intention to help steer you...

Quoted from jawjaw:

None of that sounds like any real news to me.

Duh.

Quoted from jawjaw:

What does that mean - virtual component?

Listen to the seminar on Pinball News, and then come back and make a guess if you would like. If you are looking for hard news, just search Pinside for "Sterns next machine is". I'm sure those are all factual

#57 8 years ago

the P2K trick was brilliant as envisioned and designed. too bad the 1st 2 games were duds. RFM tried to use the whole screen which was a mistake, SWE1 was just a terrible game. Playboy and Wizard blocks got this right by not using the whole video screen to show imagry on the playfield and alowing more of the playfield to be seen.

Having a Giant LCD in the backbox looks amazing to all of the people who are not the player, but this really does not add much to the game. Hopefully Pat can bring a great playing playfield to JJP that incorporates the best of the technology and eye candy. I just hope this is more pre 93 Pat than post 93 Pat.

I'm kinda eh on the whole talking head thing. It's been done before, hoping for something new.

-c

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

What Dialed in theme?
    I have heard something very similar from someone but cannot find any info online about it.
    Your post is the only reference to it

Info was posted here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-new-game

now gone?
    some stuff about an interactive cellphone and a robot arm

#59 8 years ago

If the game records stats to a web page that would be good for players and operators.

2 way mirrors work great in gun games. this could be interesting in pinball, think of the magic mirror in ToM with something (mini playfield, hidden shots) behind it.

-c

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

If the game records stats to a web page that would be good for players and operators.
    2 way mirrors work great in gun games. this could work well in pinball.

we have 2 way mirrors in pinball.its called glass!

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from urbanledge:

we have 2 way mirrors in pinball.its called glass!

that's not a 2 way mirror. look at a gun game with 2x reflective surfaces that then change to have a scoring bullseye. when it lights up it is seen through the glass.

could be cool.

#62 8 years ago

There might be a BT capability which would allow the game to download a photo or other information from your device or vice versa, very interesing and possibly game changing for pinball.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from urbanledge:

Info was posted here
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjps-new-game
    now gone?
    some stuff about an interactive cellphone and a robot arm

And seems like the info posted was genuine, and no way meant to be leaked.

Still, this is the internet and it is now out there.

We now know the theme of game 3.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We now know the theme of game 3.

Phone sex?

#65 8 years ago

About a year ~ 18 months ago JJP asked on facebook 'what would you like to see in a pinball machine' (or something like that).

I posted that since they are using a giant LCD..they could easily make use of cameras\projectors in the PF to do a bunch of things. Maybe a hidden PF, Instant reply, holograms..etc.

The entire post was deleted about a half hour later...not sure why

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

About a year ~ 18 months ago JJP asked on facebook 'what would you like to see in a pinball machine' (or something like that).
    I posted that since they are using a giant LCD..they could easily make use of cameras\projectors in the PF to do a bunch of things. Maybe a hidden PF, Instant reply, holograms..etc.
    The entire post was deleted about a half hour later...not sure why

So you couldn't claim copyright and demand a fee! lol

#67 8 years ago

Slow news day when we're speculating JJP#3. We all now nothing on this pin will surface until Expo 2016.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Slow news day when we're speculating JJP#3. We all now nothing on this pin will surface until Expo 2016.

No, it's not a slow news day because we now ( probably ) know more about this game than we have ever done due to the leaked details.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

We all now nothing on this pin will surface until Expo 2016.

You now, you are wrong.

LTG : )

#70 8 years ago

If JJ hasn't even produced its second pin why on earth would they start another. just saying.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

If JJ hasn't even produced its second pin why on earth would they start another.

So when things get rolling they are ready for the next pin.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

If JJ hasn't even produced its second pin why on earth would they start another. just saying.

For the same reasons Stern works on 3 or 4 at the same time.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

2020 release I will venture to guess.

Didn't Jack say on C2C that he was hoping to release 2 games next year? In JJP time that means we're likely to see it by 2017-2018.

#74 8 years ago

So can someone summarize what was leaked?

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Giant dinosaur, lays an egg, balls come out of the egg to start multiball...

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Supposed news of Pat's JJP pin.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Didn't Jack say on C2C that he was hoping to release 2 games next year? In JJP time that means we're likely to see it by 2017-2018.

I think he also said previously he'd release three games in 2015. Ha!

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

For the same reasons Stern works on 3 or 4 at the same time.

And for some reason, 2-3 of them suck.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Agree! something new leave the classics as they are

We got "something new" from Pat with NASCAR.

Currently battling it out with WPT for least valued modern Stern game.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We got "something new" from Pat with Nascar.
    Currently battling it out with WPT for least valued modern Stern game.

Pretty sure WWE has that distinction.

#81 8 years ago

Clint_trek.jpgClint_trek.jpg

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We got "something new" from Pat with Nascar.

Perhaps

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2281

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Just got back from Disney where I noticed that they're implementing more and more rear-projection faces to the animatronic characters. They were dabbling with it last time I went with Buzz Lightyear's character in his ride's queue, but now with the new Snow White ride, it's on a different level...
    (Jump to 3:13 mark)

Not saying Lawler should make a 3rd talking head game, but if he did, imagine how advanced the head could be. It could have full expression, turn, nod, just about everything... the character could even blush, age, or show battle wounds or missing teeth if it was a bash toy. You'd possibly sacrifice the physical ball lock in the mouth as the mouth is now part of the projection surface, but perhaps it wouldn't need it. Or you could project everything but the physical mouth, and have a physical mouth with small ball lock behind that wouldn't interfere with the projection.

Just a thought. When I saw the Snow White characters at Disney, my nerd gear kicked in and I immediately began to wonder if that tech. would be viable in pinball. This would be a great implementation if anyone was going to do it.

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not saying Lawler should make a 3rd talking head game, but if he did, imagine how advanced the head could be. It could have full expression, turn, nod, just about everything... the character could even blush, age, or show battle wounds or missing teeth if it was a bash toy. You'd possibly sacrifice the physical ball lock in the mouth as the mouth is now part of the projection surface, but perhaps it wouldn't need it. Or you could project everything but the physical mouth, and have a physical mouth with small ball lock behind that wouldn't interfere with the projection.

Not that I want a third head game but this is a pretty cool idea!

#85 8 years ago

Creepy carnival game with a clown head, spinning carousel that physically locks balls and starts a 5 balls multi ball.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just a thought. When I saw the Snow White characters at Disney, my nerd gear kicked in and I immediately began to wonder if that tech. would be viable in pinball. This would be a great implementation if anyone was going to do it.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing after going to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and doing the Haunted Mansion, the projector faces are really well done.

#87 8 years ago

it shall be done...

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Clint_trek.jpg

ugh, cmon. as EVERYONE knows, Kirk's Enterprise had 6 forward torpedo shafts (and one aft). not 4.

#89 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gotpins:

What do you think the virtual component could be?

The entire playfield will be a high-definition monitor.
    You have to wear 3-D glasses to see the virtual ball and play the game.

#90 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

as EVERYONE knows, Kirk's Enterprise had 6 forward torpedo shafts (and one aft). not 4.

Clint's star ship only needed 4.

starship.jpgstarship.jpg

#91 8 years ago

"Dialed In" sounds more like the trademark for a feature (like Pindemption) than the title of a game.

#92 8 years ago

The early reports of "Dialed In" sound promising.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The early reports of "Dialed In" sound promising.

That wasn't really a report. It was more like a disgruntled person wanting to spoil things.

#94 8 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

That wasn't really a report. It was more like a disgruntled person wanting to spoil things.

Yeah, more of a semi-coherent rant.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You now, you are wrong.

Know he's not rong!

#96 8 years ago

Even if the disgruntled person wanted to wreck it, he misjudged, at least for me. It just got me excited for more. Pumped for JJP #3.
    "Hi my name is Ross, and I'm a fanboy"

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Stern has 3 in the queue any given time, so why can't JJP have one or two beyond TH?

#98 8 years ago

Alien isn't out yet, work on game 3 and 4 from Heighway is underway. It's the only way to run a sustainable business, you can't wait to start the next one if you want to release in any kind of timely fashion.

#99 8 years ago

Im so pumped for this seriously. All the things that tie a license down will be lifted. We will have some seriously cool modes, and maybe even a midnight mode again! Would love for a totally wacky mode to start only at midnight. Just the thoughts of what they could do with the screen make me giggle inside. This has so much potential. Really hope it is amazing.

#100 8 years ago

I have an inside connection at JJP who unofficially confirmed the disaster theme, and it's not about a natural disaster. They also gave me intel on some of the modes being developed. It's about a pinball enthusiast who preorders a new LE machine. After 2 years of waiting for production and delivery, the manufacturer goes under. This is just the initial mode list. I've heard a couple more are still being batted around.

-Pay for it mode: Outer loop shots send initial deposit, and follow on payments until 100% paid for.
    -Chase it mode: Ramp shots will call the manufacturers office and send emails requesting updates on when it will ship.
    -Out of Business mode: The manufacturer goes under and files for bankruptcy in this mode. It can only be enabled once "Pay for it" and "Chase it" modes have been completed. Inner loop shots post unproductive flame threads on a popular pinball forum, and navigate responses from forum moderators in order to prevent getting banned.
    -Litigation Multiball: Completing "Out of Business" mode enables the first lock. Hit drop targets in order to enable subsequent locks. Lock 3 balls to start multiball. Once running, combo shots initiate a civil case and go to trial.
    -Wizard Mode: Complete all other modes and Litigation Multiball to enable. Make all shots on the playfield, in order, 5 times to chase the one known working prototype around the US at pinball expos and shows. Successfully completing all the shots allows you to take possession of the prototype.
    -My contact also indicated there may be a second wizard mode, similar to the Road to Valinor, where you endlessly debate the value of the one working prototype on a popular pinball forum. There is no way to beat this mode.

On a serious note, I'm pretty excited about an original theme. There's been a dearth of unlicensed themes lately. Heighway FT and Spooky AMH are the only ones that come to mind recently, so it's great news PL and JJP are developing something unique.

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.