Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg
    There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 7 years ago

Here's one more tip for JJP #3:

Get the f#$%ing flipper power right!

And for gods sake, when the games are at super high profile events (shows, test games, etc) - get them setup RIGHT.

After 2 entire games built, we see the same complaints CONSTANTLY....
    "flipper are underpowered"
    "games were set at the wrong angle"
    etc.

#502 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

And for gods sake, when the games are at super high profile events (shows, test games, etc) - get them setup RIGHT.

Yes!!! It seems all show opinions are slow, floaty, and weak flippers. Then home use ones adjusted properly review as fast, fun, strong flippers. It would really help opinions if this was done correctly to start at the shows.
    I will say though at last year's replayfx, my wife and I really enjoyed TH and Woz, and thought they played great.

#503 7 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Here's one more tip for JJP #3:
    Get the f#$%ing flipper power right!
    After 2 entire games built, we see the same complaints CONSTANTLY....
    "flipper are underpowered"
    "games were set at the wrong angle"
    etc.

Wasn't that way at Pinfest. TH & WOZ pins that were there played great.

#504 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I've gotta say...after playing TH, I have serious concerns about JJP making it to the next game. Perhaps I'll be wrong on this assessment (I sure hope I am), but I can't imagine that TH will earn well...

Please study up on what has been posted about the new investors that came in last year. The money put in, and in reserve.

No problems with next games.

LTG : )

#505 7 years ago

I want Blade Runner done by JJP, they have the sound and display to really compliment that film, at the very least I'm hoping for a Sci Fi release at some point.

#506 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I want Blade Runner done by JJP, they have the sound and display to really compliment that film, at the very least I'm hoping for a Sci Fi release at some point.

That'd be wicked cool

#507 7 years ago

I'm just hoping that they can have a more reasonable Stern pro/premium type of pricing model for whatever the next game is so that it's more accessible. That 8k price point seems to be a hurdle, for many, to overcome. The Hobbits that were set-up at Pinfest were running the whole time from what I saw. I saw WOZ down when I wanted to play it Friday afternoon.

#508 7 years ago

I saw that too...... I'm pretty sure it was sold, cause a few minutes later they carted over a nib hobbit in its place.

#509 7 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

I'm just hoping that they can have a more reasonable Stern pro/premium type of pricing model for whatever the next game is so that it's more accessible. That 8k price point seems to be a hurdle, for many, to overcome.

Jack started his company in direct response to Stern's cost cutting. The idea was to produce full featured, premium pinball machines that harkened back to the early 90's Bally/Williams days. Jack believed there was an untapped market driven by the growing number of private collectors, and he was right. It would be silly to try and compete for the pro market with Stern.

#510 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Jack started his company in direct response to Stern's cost cutting. The idea was to produce full featured, premium pinball machines that harkened back to the early 90's Bally/Williams days. Jack believed there was an untapped market driven by the growing number of private collectors, and he was right. It would be silly to try and compete for the pro market with Stern.

Agreed. That was Jack's idea with WOZ. He accomplished it well, and TH is a work of art with a lot of B/W ideas in it. Game #3, especially with Lawlor designing, should be no less. Pricing should reflect this.

#511 7 years ago

Please get rid of the "clink Clunk" sounds for the slingshots etc....

#512 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please study up on what has been posted about the new investors that came in last year. The money put in, and in reserve.
    No problems with next games.

I have the utmost respect for you... and I'm a supporter of JJP.

You can't ignore (1) the length of time that it has taken to release two games and (2) the reception of game number 2.

Investors aren't "good guys" that are willing to watch their money melt away. JJP took years to release TH...I'm a buyer that could buy it...I bought WOZ and love it....and I wouldn't touch TH with a 12' pole. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this bodes well for a company that needs to releasing at least 1 title per year to keep $$ flowing in. I don't think it's silly to question the viability of the company. I hope I am completely wrong, because I believe JJP is a good player in the industry...but...after all this time, TH should be knocking socks off, and it's not a game that is.

#513 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I have the utmost respect for you... and I'm a supporter of JJP.

I sincerely thank you !

Quoted from 27dnast:

You can't ignore (1) the length of time that it has taken to release two games and (2) the reception of game number 2.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't think this bodes well for a company that needs to releasing at least 1 title per year to keep

No denying what it took to get this far. The company has been changing to get to two titles a year. And that may well happen this year.

#514 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I sincerely thank you !

No denying what it took to get this far. The company has been changing to get to two titles a year. And that may well happen this year.

I hope it does, Lloyd!

#515 7 years ago

I hope JJP don't go after the Stern market by cutting costs and making blinding all-or-nothing speed games like Stern seem to mostly make now - in fact they've perfected it. That's actually why I cancelled my Ghostbusters after playing a WOZ and now have one of them stood in my lounge, because it was a slower pace of game and it feels really high quality to play.

However they need to get on that QC - my new game came with:
    1) Lower pop catching on lane guide - known issue, my machine is a new one with the modified guide but someone forgot that pop can actually catch in two places.
    2) Both right rear leg bolts cross threaded! If the people in the factory can't put in a leg bolt without doing this, please start shipping the bolts with the legs, not fitted to the cabinet.
    3) Pop area mylar and fair mylar not applied correctly (they lined them up with targets..) meaning the area around the pop aprons isn't protected at all, I've raised a ticket to get replacements sent so I can fit them properly but no reply yet.
    4) Not sure why but despite the default coil values all being in the manual, nearly all of mine had been set lower - with the castle one set to only 7, not enough to make the doors when open, or cause enough bounce to trigger the targets. Default is 12. I think this kind of thing is why people come away from them on location underwhelmed. I simply set it to 12 and that shot and the mini loop are now achievable. It's like it was adjusted by someone while at 2 degrees.

#516 7 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

4) Not sure why but despite the default coil values all being in the manual, nearly all of mine had been set lower -

Final inspection line at the factory. Maybe their voltage is higher than yours ? They tweak them during inspection.

#517 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I've gotta say...after playing TH, I have serious concerns about JJP making it to the next game. Perhaps I'll be wrong on this assessment (I sure hope I am), but I can't imagine that TH will earn well... is it a game that OPs are going to pony-up for? Same goes for home collectors...will enough step forward with $8.25K to $8.75K to keep the JJP engine going?
    Obviously, I have no insights into JJPs finances, but one would have to assume that they're not equipped to take the blow of middling second title?

Your guess on TH sales is just a guess, right? I've heard just the opposite at shows, including the recent Midwest Gaming Classic - lines were much, much longer to play Hobbits than there were for GB. You should expect Hobbit to earn well, not poorly - each of us have an opinion. WoZ earnings continue to lead PlayMeter don't they (or top 5?), and I expect THobbit to be similar.

#518 7 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

Your guess on TH sales is just a guess, right? I've heard just the opposite at shows, including the recent Midwest Gaming Classic - lines were much, much longer to play Hobbits than there were for GB. You should expect Hobbit to earn well, not poorly - each of us have an opinion. WoZ earnings continue to lead PlayMeter don't they (or top 5?), and I expect THobbit to be similar.

Guesses.

Opinion about earning is only based on desire to replay. At this point, you can't compare the two games. Of course everyone is curious, but that doesn't necessarily mean sustained earnings like WOZ. This past weekend I could have played TH over and over....for free...and you couldn't have paid me to stand in line to play it more than once (and that one game lasted forever and a day)...too many other fun games (more fun) to play.

I have an open mind, as I did about WOZ (which is one of my all-time favorite games)...although my first encounter with WOZ was at a boardwalk arcade and I pumped about $25 into it.... I hope they can fix TH and actually make it something worth playing.

Of course this all just opinion. My opinion doesn't ultimately matter...perhaps it's just a game that doesn't speak to me. We all have those. Perhaps I'll play it again someday and decide I want to bring it into my home....doubtful, but who knows.

#519 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Final inspection line at the factory. Maybe their voltage is higher than yours ? They tweak them during inspection.

What does that mean??? The game doesn't supply mains voltage to the components ... that's what the transformer and PSU are for. Besides, he's in the UK with 230V (actually nearer 240V most of the time).

#520 7 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

My opinion doesn't ultimately matter...perhaps it's just a game that doesn't speak to me. We all have those. Perhaps I'll play it again someday and decide I want to bring it into my home....doubtful, but who knows.

Of course your opinion matters. All of our opinions matter. I happen to really like TH. Not as much as WOZ, but I like it. Opinions of Pinside/Expo attendees got changes made to what TH is now. I'm glad Jack listened and I'm sure many others are too.

#521 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

What does that mean???

If the outlets at JJP put out 120AC and the owner of the game has outlets putting out 100AC, your coils will be weaker at the owners location.

#522 7 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

I'm just hoping that they can have a more reasonable Stern pro/premium type of pricing model for whatever the next game is so that it's more accessible. That 8k price point seems to be a hurdle, for many, to overcome. The Hobbits that were set-up at Pinfest were running the whole time from what I saw. I saw WOZ down when I wanted to play it Friday afternoon.

As things stand the JJP machines look like they will earn more on location but it's very early days and you may disagree. But if they do I can't see Jack diluting the product.

1 week later
    #523 7 years ago

I need to know what this game is going to be already!
    My son in 2nd grade just did a report on "famous people" - his choice LTG? Pat Lawlor.
    Can you imagine? 2nd graders.
    Others? George Lucas, Taylor Swift, Stephan Curry, Michael Jackson and my son does Pat.
    Announce the friggin game please!
    I'm in for an LE!

#524 7 years ago

Thats pretty cool!

It was mentioned in another post, but i dont think we will find out until this fall.

#525 7 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Others? George Lucas, Taylor Swift, Stephan Curry, Michael Jackson and my son does Pat.
    Announce the friggin game please!
    I'm in for an LE!

No Centerflank? Seriously? Oh Hawaii...takes awHile for the word to travel.

#526 7 years ago

I'm just excited to see a new original theme!!

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.