Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 526 posts
  • 179 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cloud7
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    images-2_(resized).jpeg
    382803_504132061221_19559052_n.jpg
    bill-cosby-face.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    FB_IMG_1447638988645.jpg
    image.png
    images-1.jpeg
    Capture.jpg
    download.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    soup.gif
    starship.jpg
    Clint_trek.jpg
    white-out.jpg
    There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 9 years ago

Has anyone heard the latest and greatest, or even rumors, on this next masterpiece? I find it nuts that there are no teasers for JJPs next baby yet. I may actually use this rare opportunity to snag my first NIB. I will have to donate a kidney for the extra cash but it is a win-win. Make some money and get drunk faster (I have a hearty tolerance).
    In all seriousness, has anyone heard anything juicy about this release?

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from MAJRob:

I will have to donate a kidney for the extra cash but it is a win-win.

You got plenty of time to save up....save your organs

#3 9 years ago

#3 will steal sales from game #2 if time and title are given out.

#4 9 years ago

Here's what we have so far (not much):

-Original theme (idea for the theme came from Pat Lawlor)
    -Has upper right flipper
    -Is being developed in Pat's own workshop.
    -Pat has been on board with Jersey Jack Pinball since October 2013, game announced January 2014, flipping whitewood exists.
    -Programmers: Ted Estes, Keith Johnson
    -Artwork: John Youssi
    -Mechanical Designer: John Krutsch
    -Sound: David Thiel
    -Engineering: Eric Muenier

My (somewhat hopeful) prediction is: no pre-order, reveal at Expo this year, shipping soon after.

#5 9 years ago

I have high hopes for this game and cannot wait until it's all revealed. I really enjoy Pat's games and would love to add one more to the collection. I do not see this game being released in 2015 though. I see this as a 2016 release, but we will see. Hmmmmm what could the theme be?

#7 9 years ago

It's confirmed that it's going to be a disaster theme (ie. Earthshaker, Whirlwind)

#8 9 years ago

Hi Pat!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

It's confirmed that it's going to be a disaster theme (ie. Earthshaker, Whirlwind)

I've been following this one and haven't seen any confirmation of this.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Where was that confirmed? Wasn't my understanding.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

Confirmed?

#12 9 years ago

It's confirmed pinball buying is back to normal - realease information on the machine when it is ready to be purchased, with the ability to play it before money is handed over. Retro is so much fun.

I keep wondering what the forums would be like if they existed when TZ or Adams was released? Pure adoration, or endless complaints on what could have been done better?

Good luck with the game Pat and JJP.

#13 9 years ago

A disastor theme would be sweet! A pseudo throw back table!

#14 9 years ago

Tell me!!!

#15 9 years ago

I didn't know anything was confirmed. I would be glad to see an original title versus a rock band or movie theme.

#16 9 years ago

Wouldn't mind a Volcano Theme

#17 9 years ago

By all accounts the latest Royal Rumble was a disaster--would that count?

What, wait a minute--does Stern already have that one covered...

#18 9 years ago

maybe a blizzard disaster pin? chris christie multichin multiball to clear the snow in jersey? or is that chin for jerry jones? for real though, cant wait to see what the next lawlor pin is

#19 9 years ago

Should it ever get made, yes, I think it will be a blizzard theme.

Whiteout would be the title.

It's an innocuous enough disaster. Something like Tsunami or Hurricane is probably off the table in light of decade or less old events. And snow seems to be more in line with the other two games, with tons of lighthearted possibilities.

edit to add: the aforementioned Volcano could work as well

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Should it ever get made, yes, I think it will be a blizzard theme.
    It's an innocuous enough disaster. Something like Tsunami or Hurricane is probably off the table in light of decade or less old events. And snow seems to be more in line with the other two games, with tons of lighthearted possibilities.
    edit to add: the aforementioned Volcano could work as well

That's a great point, depending on the type of disastor it could rub some folks the wrong way.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

By all accounts the latest Royal Rumble was a disaster--would that count?
    What, wait a minute--does Stern already have that one covered...

Stern has never and will never go more then three years with out taking a dump.

#22 9 years ago

Jack mentioned in the JJP group that even if he told us the title of the game we wouldn't be able to deduce the theme.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from mattster:

Jack mentioned in the JJP group that even if he told us the title of the game we wouldn't be able to deduce the theme.

That's very interesting information.

#24 9 years ago

Maybe it's just called "Pat's Pinball Game".

#25 9 years ago

It's going to be called "Deception". That of course just might be a ...

#26 9 years ago

You're an evil scientist and you push various red buttons for different doomsday catastrophes- blizzards, tornadoes, nukes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, etc.

#27 9 years ago

It will be either the culmination to the disaster series or the culmination of the heads.

I expect it to be the capstone to Pat's entire career of designing. I spoke to him at expo 2013 (before he was on board with JJP) and he gave me some hints at that time what his next title would be and told me it would be his best pin ever. IDKWBIBH!

The team they have assemble plus being #3 (i.e. experience and improvements from #1 and #2 already in the books) is a greta thing IMO.

I REALLY HOPE it is a no preorder model and they announce and deliver within 1 month post announcement. Fully built, Fully coded, and ready for delivery shorthly after announcement woudl be a GREAT thing for pinball, a first in many years, and honestly something that may actually justify the crazy pricetag on some of these highend new games.

Would be great if they had a couple hundred ready to go. Even better, can you imagine the splash when they show up to expo 2015 with 3 semi trailers full, announce and take 'preorder' cash. After you pay, they walk you outside and you take your freshly built NIB game off the truck! Man, I know I am dreaming but that would be spectaculor.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kineticross:

The true Lawlor "disaster theme" was Roller Coaster Tycoon.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It will be either the culmination to the disaster series or the culmination of the heads.

Why not both?

IDKWBIBH! - Haven't a clue - can you expand?

#30 9 years ago

I Dont Know Why But I Believe Him

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Would be great if they had a couple hundred ready to go. Even better, can you imagine the splash when they show up to expo 2015 with 3 semi trailers full, announce and take 'preorder' cash. After you pay, they walk you outside and you take your freshly built NIB game off the truck! Man, I know I am dreaming but that would be spectaculor.

At least you're honest with yourself!

If that happens I'll walk out to the semi with you.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

The true Lawlor "disaster theme" was Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Leave Roller Coaster Tycoon alone it is a fun game.

#33 9 years ago

Rollercoaster Tycoon is amazing.

A new version Would be great

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Man I really hope not. Time to move on already. Let the man do something new.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's what we have so far (not much):
    -Programmers: Ted Estes, Keith Johnson

Are you sure Keith Johnson is involved? The rumor I heard was that Pat was working exclusively with Ted Estes since Keith is busy working on the Hobbit.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

something new

Agree! something new leave the classics as they are

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

I keep wondering what the forums would be like if they existed when TZ or Adams was released? Pure adoration, or endless complaints on what could have been done better?

Well, they did, sort of.

An announcement from Nov.20th, 1991, which is a few months before the March 1992 release:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/mhiI-6CxoQo

Here's Lyman talking about going to look at TAF:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/z-tBdTJGPTI

Plus a bunch of reviews.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/USv2qEXaGGs
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/ee0leqvcm3M
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/pb3RjoK_Yf4

As an aside, it's easy to see that stupidity isn't anything new to pinball groups.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/NArzQWMCXeY

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Man I really hope not. Time to move on already. Let the man do something new.

Yeah, I don't care for the heada at all, but would absolutely love a good armagedon pin with ALL the major disasters rolled into one.

End of the world complete shaos type scenario with great art from one of the best pinball artists EVER!

#39 9 years ago

Fukushima is the disaster. The title could be Sick from Sushi in Seattle.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

culmination of the heads.

This sounds terrible... Lol

#41 9 years ago

Thank you for posting these. I didn't know RGP was around back then!

#42 9 years ago

If they follow their pricing pattern and price it at $8995 it won't matter what the game is. Game prices have gotten insane and will only drop if people stop buying them.

8 months later
    #43 8 years ago

WE WANT INFO! WE WANT INFO!

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pictured added of main playfield toy:

white-out.jpgwhite-out.jpg

#45 8 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW!! ....oops, sorry!...I got possessed there for a moment!

#46 8 years ago

2020 release I will venture to guess.

#47 8 years ago

I truly hope it will be Family Funhouse Frenzy!

Not one, not two, but THREE heads! Meet Rudy's new family and their crazy personalized rides. Rudy himself would be a bigger jerk, and his insults would be raunchier and funnier than ever! (Audit settings would be wise for younger settings). I'd hope Ed Boon returns to do the voices.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

WE WANT INFO! WE WANT INFO!

Did you listen to the presentation at Expo that is available on Pinball News? Not a ton of INFO, but it was interesting to hear them discuss a bit about the title. Including the fact that The Hobbit is so stuffed that there is no room for more... so there will be a virtual component to the game.

(that was my interpretation of that part of the presentation)

#49 8 years ago

The dialed in theme sounds good to me!
    I wonder is it going to hit the 10k mark.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from urbanledge:

The dialed in theme sounds good to me!
    I wonder is it going to hit the 10k mark.

What Dialed in theme?
    I have heard something very similar from someone but cannot find any info online about it.
    Your post is the only reference to it

There are 526 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-3-pat-lawlors-next-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.