(Topic ID: 178839)

JJ WOZ Tips

By PinStripes1

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GotAQuestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

WoZ is my most played game! To advance Yellow Brick Road you make shots at the ramp, and then the orbit, and repeat. The gem shaped insert at the base of the ramp will be lit yellow if that's the shot you need and is lit when the game starts. Otherwise the arrows pointing into the orbits will be lit yellow if you need that.

For play tips I'd give:

* If you turn the ball saver on (settings option), always use a plunge that gets a ball save to take a witch skill shot and finish the hurry up.
* When you don't know what to shoot for, advance the Yellow Brick Road. This leads to an extra ball early on, and will also result in haunted modes and capturing Dorothy for Rescue mode.
* I almost never intentionally shoot at the Rainbow letters. It's a sucker shot unless you REALLY need a Munchkin Mode immediately.
* Avoid using the center-right flipper for this same reason unless you have a strong reason to use it. More often than not an unplanned shot from this flipper goes to the outlanes.
* Backhands to the ramp are safer, and can hit a Scarecrow letter as an added bonus. If you half-ramp it you're likely to get 2 letters and still catch the ball.
* When in any multiball, if Crystal Ball is lit, you can easily backhand the CB shot by catching 2 balls on the left flipper and then doing a slap backhand. Never make that slap shot 3x in a row without hitting another shot though - it will give you permanent No Hold Flippers for the rest of that ball.

I made a specific "strategy" post here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only/page/58#post-3474899) and I still more or less do that, except now I'm less inclined to take Witch skill shots that don't get a ball save. If I have no ball save I usually plunge for forest now. Witch Hurry Ups are a little slower as a result, but I still get Melt The Witch basically daily, and sometimes during Ball 1.

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

I watch that movie every couple weeks just because it's a great movie and a great game of WoZ but god is that ending heartbeaking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GotAQuestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jj-woz-tips?tu=GotAQuestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.