Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BAW_Flipper_Pic_1.jpg
BAW_Flipper_Pic.jpg
#1 8 years ago

My first EM, 1975 Bow and Arrow...very clean for its age. Two flipper issues. One I need help with. The left flipper jumps around like it's on crack. Seems to have been rebuilt very recently. First guesses?

#2 8 years ago

eos switch bad or not opening all the way whaen flipper engaged.

#3 8 years ago

My SS machines have three blades in the flipper set up...here I only have two. Hit the flipper and the cam arm comes around and breaks the connections. Is there supposed to be three blades?

#4 8 years ago

BAW_Flipper_Pic.jpgBAW_Flipper_Pic.jpg

BAW_Flipper_Pic_1.jpgBAW_Flipper_Pic_1.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Are you saying my cam (arm that breaks the contact) needs to be adjusted around (wider gap whn thrown)?

#6 8 years ago

If the switch does not open all the way when the flipper is uprite, this could be the cause. Manually move the flipper up and see. The other thing could be slop in the plunger link (oblong hole instead of circular) that will allow the flipper to *fall back * some closing the eos switch. I had this happen on Bally Skate Ball. A new plunger link installed along with new sleeve and coil stop .

#7 8 years ago

Just totally rebuilt flipper minus coil. The plunger was definately flattened on both ends. Same thing. Could it be wrong coil? It is AQ25 then 500, whereas the other flipper (operating properly) is AF25-500 (Bally original I think). Please advise.

#8 8 years ago

Does the new one have the 34 4500 ?

The coil in your picture is double wound - two coils in one. First one is 25 gauge wire 500 turns and second one is 34 gauge wire 4500 turns.

LTG : )™

#9 8 years ago

Wrong Coil. The AQ-25-500 does NOT replace the AF-25-500. All good now. Thanks to LTD and Chad for all the help. Much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jittery-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.