4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Did anyone else just see Jim Belsito come through at the last minute at PAPA 18 qualifying?? Wow!!! Thank you to PAPA TV streaming for allowing us to see such a huge late push from a fantastic pinball player.

#2 4 years ago

Yep. Good stuff. Wish I could do that without choking.

#3 4 years ago

Definition of performance under pressure.

#4 4 years ago

Like the commentators said... If you told most people they need 2.6 mil on space station or else, it would crush them.

#5 4 years ago

He had a horrible drain on ball one.

During ball two, he looked so uncomfortable. But then he made an incredible save and then a switch flipped.

That was incredible to watch.

Finished with 3rd highest score, 85 points.

Marcus

#6 4 years ago

Its moments like that which make pinball relatable and appealing to newbs like me. I've never been to a tournament but I could feel the weight of the situation.

#7 4 years ago

His run at the end was awesome. His ticket also swapped the top two qualifiers in position. Elwin dropped to 2nd, and Bowen moved up to 1st, since Jim had the new high score on Creature.

#8 4 years ago

Its great seeing something like this happen during the last hour of qualifying. I hope video of the tournament increases next year. I know tomorrow will be a full day of coverage, but it would have been awesome to see more qualifying. Maybe even see some of the other division finals.

Hats off to PAPAtv!

#9 4 years ago

Please don't encourage the guy. If he gets another trophy he won't have room to walk in his house!

#10 4 years ago

Saw the end of the broadcast (the whole thing, in fact). What an amazing comeback, and a huge upset for those two who tied for the last spot.

#11 4 years ago

They call that being "Belsito'd" he is known for this.

http://pinball.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Belsito

#12 4 years ago

It was awesome. These guys have nerves of steel. i would have the Yips for sure in situation like that. That blowup score on Creature was pretty awesome too. Really Appreciate Bowen and crew for coming on to give us a livestream update of the qualifications, especially since Bowen had probably played in qualifications all day, I am sure he was tired and could have just went to bed to get some sleep, but instead, he live-streamed for us. Very gracious and selfless.

#13 4 years ago

I watched it and enjoyed the heck out of his final run

#14 4 years ago

Jim Belsito is an awesome player. Side story: I remember watching him play HS2 back in Expo '04, and he CRUSHED it. He was getting SJP after SJP, already around 1.5 billion. Like it was nothing. It could've gone to 4 or 5 bil....but then.....they shut the power off in the hall, ending his stellar game!

#15 4 years ago

Jim Belsito kicked my ass at Zapcon in 2013. I've never had so much fun getting my ass handed to me.

#16 4 years ago

Yea, I took a painful one from him on the Warlok at the expo one year. I realized he was really good. I consider myself OK. but ole Jimmy gave me the good ole fashion midwest arse kickin'....

#17 4 years ago

Way to go Jim! Doing the IE proud!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 10.95
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 29.95
    $ 109.99
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 219.99
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside