Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Any updates on pins at Jilly's ? Will be heading down soon for our usual family getaway & wondering what's new.
    Jilly's usually gets one new pin a year to add to the other not so pristine pins.

#2 6 years ago

Jilly's has been busy - they picked up an Aerosmith and a Star Wars this year replacing Avengers and Iron Man. Before that, the newest pin was Ghostbusters, not sure if it was there when you were last down this way. Everything is still set at .25 cents a play which is awesome, but even the new additions have some problems. Aerosmith has some issues with the ball lock for multiball - it has to institute a ball search every once in a while after locking balls into the toy box. And when I was last there on Tuesday, Star Wars had the coin-slots taped over. Not sure what the issue is there. Ghostbusters is still running the initial code, so you have to restart missions after any drains.

If their Star Wars is not working during your visit and you really want to play one, I am operating one in Mays Landing, which is kind of on your way to the shore. I do not mean to hijack your thread but wanted to let you know if you really wanted to play Star Wars and the one at Jilly's is still down during your vacation. Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/10551-level-up-entertainment-hamilton-township-nj

#3 6 years ago

Hey, thanks for the reply on Jilly's and if we get over to Hamilton mall we'll stop in to check out your pin.
    Any other pins on boardwalk? I usually just play at Jilly's, the rest of the pins are usually turds!!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey, thanks for the reply on Jilly's and if we get over to Hamilton mall we'll stop in to check out your pin.
    Any other pins on boardwalk? I usually just play at Jilly's, the rest of the pins are usually turds!!

I agree with you 100%! I would recommend Hollywood Arcade, which is a little further up the boardwalk - closer to the Wonderland Amusement Park side. Their pins are set at 50 cents, are pretty well maintained, and they have probably the best Spider-Man that I have seen in the area. Here is their link: https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/2104-hollywood-arcade-ocean-city-nj-united-states

#5 6 years ago

I was in town a couple weeks ago, and both Star Wars and Aerosmith were playing well. My first ball of Spiderman, I knocked off the Doc Ock toy, and several days later it still hadn't been fixed. I would love to know if he's still flying around the playfield. I thought Kiss was in good shape...until I hit the scoop and it never registered.

I always stop by Hollywood to play that Spiderman, it's very nice for a boardwalk arcade.

#6 6 years ago

All I can say is that I love OCNJ. Been going there since I was little. Wish I could live there. Watch the boardwalk cams several times a week to see what's happening. Long live OCNJ

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I was in town a couple weeks ago, and both Star Wars and Aerosmith were playing well. My first ball of Spiderman, I knocked off the Doc Ock toy, and several days later it still hadn't been fixed. I would love to know if he's still flying around the playfield.

I will have to check for that next time I'm there! I know that he wasn't registering direct hits for a while and you could definitely trigger Doc Ock hits by shaking the machine a bit...

#8 6 years ago

Anybody know decent places to stay in OCNJ? Looking for a place for few nights around labor day weekend. Looking for something with 2 bedrooms.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

Anybody know decent places to stay in OCNJ? Looking for a place for few nights around labor day weekend. Looking for something with 2 bedrooms.

Try the PortOCall Hotel.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

The Forum Motor Inn. Eighth Street Ocean to Atlantic Avenues. A block from the boards. Run by the same great family since it opened many moons ago. Clean and well maintained. Have stayed there for the past 35 years.

#11 6 years ago

Was just there a month ago; they had AS, but not SW then; the AS played well; so does their GB Pro; I played their Junk Yard the most, wasn't in great shape; but every pin is a quarter a play; their TSPP is beat to shit; MM, Monopoly; ST Pro; TOM; and a couple others that I can't think of; they have a decent vid selection too; def worth a trip.

#12 6 years ago

Star Wars not working, coin slots taped. GB's played well, hi score for a replay. Aerosmith did not impress me, air balls all over the place.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Star Wars not working, coin slots taped.

That stinks, it's been down a week now then. Wonder if they were running the older code that was skipping pulses to credit. Well, if you are still in the area and want to play a Star Wars, feel free to stop by the Hamilton Mall. I just went in for the weekly cleaning and put a fresh coat of wax on it last night!

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago

SW code is updated. Actually, updating the code is what messed the game up. It fried 6 boards in the process. They've been having some problems with it, but as of right now it's working fine. AS has been messed up with that lock since they got it...kind of disappointing that they'e having these problems with their pins right out of the box. This time of year is the worst to try and play at Jilly's...they shop them over the winter/in the spring, and then they're actually pretty fun to play. As the summer goes on, they get worse and worse. They're too busy, and don't have enough techs (plus they have the games at Playland as well), so it's basically fix what they can to keep them going, and then in the off season fix them up correctly.

#15 6 years ago

Jilly's is actually pretty cool in the off season. Fun to get pizza at Manco's & play some pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jillys-in-ocean-city-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.