(Topic ID: 325284)

Jetspin Spinning target slow - Lubrication ??

By moonrakercat

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have recently acquired a jetspin - and the spinning target does spin slower than some others I've seen. The machine is in good shape but it is clear that maintenance has not been regularly done.

Is there a way to lubricate the variable target ?

Any help or advice is appreciated .

Thanks- Matt.

#2 1 year ago

Does the Jetspin use the plastic spinner? I would assume it does due to the date of manufacture.

If it is the plastic one, honestly they just suck. Gottlieb's previous metal spinner was pretty good. But nothing like the William's and Bally spinners, they are a great design.

No lube is required on spinner assemblies. The guide holes in the support bracket for the spinner should be clean and not binding or interfering with anything on the spinner assemly. Make sure the switch adjustment is correct for the spinner leaf blades under the playfield.

There is nothing to lubricate on a spinner assembly.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Does the Jetspin use the plastic spinner? I would assume it does due to the date of manufacture.
If it is the plastic one, honestly they just suck. Gottlieb's previous metal spinner was pretty good. But nothing like the William's and Bally spinners, they are a great design.
No lube is required on spinner assemblies. The guide holes in the support bracket for the spinner should be clean and not binding or interfering with anything on the spinner assemly. Make sure the switch adjustment is correct for the spinner leaf blades under the playfield.
There is nothing to lubricate on a spinner assembly.

Jet Spin has a roto target, I think that’s what the OP means for “spinning target”.

OP, do a search on the EM forum for roto target rebuild, there’s a really good link to a PDF that shows how to adjust it.

Alberto

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Jet Spin has a roto target, I think that’s what the OP means for “spinning target”.
OP, do a search on the EM forum for roto target rebuild, there’s a really good link to a PDF that shows how to adjust it.
Alberto

Yes - the roto target is what I mean - I've found an old black & white pdf on it - but I did your search above and found a different color version - thanks !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jetspin-spinning-target-slow-lubrication- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.