• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by frg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should I do with my Batman66 money?”

• Buy that restored Star Jet. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. 15 votes
    31%
  • Meet George Jetson... his boy Elroy...daughter Judy.... Jane his wife! 8 votes
    17%
  • Sod the yard! Keep the neighbors happy. 4 votes
    8%
  • Wait to see what Thunderbirds Are Go looks like 5 votes
    10%
  • Invest in pork bellies. 1 vote
    2%
  • Jack Daniels stock. 2 votes
    4%
  • Save it for a rainy day. 10 votes
    21%
  • Go to Vegas! 3 votes
    6%

(48 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
20160531_194535 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Of these two titles that are on sale now, which is more fun and which gives the most bang for your buck?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Of these two titles that are on sale now, which is more fun and which gives the most bang for your buck?

Starjet from 1963? Not really a fair comparison

#3 1 year ago

Star Jet is awesome... but not at that price. Jetsons... meh.

#4 1 year ago

When was the last time a complete, working Star Jet was for sale and how much did it sell for? For the price point of it being sold its very, very pretty but how much staying power does it have?

#5 1 year ago

A Star Jet would be the smarter buy.

20160531_194535 (resized).jpg

The difference between a new pin which will depreciate as soon as you get it home, or a vintage desirable pin that is generally appreciating in value. The cargument on vintage pony car or brand new car could apply here.

#6 1 year ago

Both are very cool. Both are way too expensive for this low end pin man.

#7 1 year ago

I haven't had a chance to play either one, but the theme totally rocks.

#8 1 year ago

I realize that either one is a huge investment, but I've been flush with cash ever since selling Batman66. Now that was one of the coolest themed games ever, but I couldn't get past the fact that Egghead, Mr. Freeze, and Shame did nothing but play a song.

So when I look around the house, and what to do with that money, the only things that come to mind are new sod for my weed infested yard, or something real cool for my gameroom. I have learned that sod doesn't have much long term staying power, so I am leaning towards a space age pinball machine.

#9 1 year ago

I have added a poll.

#10 1 year ago

I guess if those games are my only 2 options...I'd sod the yard. Yeeesh!

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I guess if those games are my only 2 options...I'd sod the yard. Yeeesh!

I've looked at all the other recent options and ones that are supposedly on the horizon and I just can't relate to any of them. Which is why I'm considering waiting to see what Thunderbirds Are Go looks like. Problem with that is by the time that happens this Star Jet may be gone and Jetsons sold out.

As far as sodding the yard, I could do what some of the other neighbors have done and just quit watering.

#12 1 year ago

Didn't find "Or Jet Ski" for any options on the poll.

#13 1 year ago

I've been over Jet Skis for some time, but have considered putting a wave pool or maybe building a roller coaster in my back yard.

#14 1 year ago

I'm looking for a little more action in the poll.

Just because it is Thursday doesn't mean pinsiders should take a break from telling others how to spend their money. It's what they do!

#15 1 year ago

I voted for Star Jet. Looks like it would be fun to plunge and nudge the balls into those kickouts and then try to start the multiball. Outlanes are extra brutal. The design looks like it would be just frustrating enough to want to keep playing!

#16 1 year ago

Hi. It's Thursday, and I'm looking to tell someone how to spend their money. I voted MET, but the one that ONLY plays Seek and Destroy. THE SAD version.

#17 1 year ago

I voted Vegas Odiner...hit PHOF and then play some roulette.

#18 1 year ago

I'd go for a Jetson's because it does look like fun.

#19 1 year ago

That Star Jet does look friggin sweet though now that I spent a few minutes with the pics. Wow. I know you like EM's too...

#20 1 year ago

The poll says there is no future in pork bellies after all.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#21 1 year ago

I have not heard a single positive word from anyone who has played Jetsons.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

For the price point of it being sold its very, very pretty but how much staying power does it have?

Quoted from TimeTraveler:

The previous owner had owned it for 50 years

#23 1 year ago

Looks like sale is now pending on the Star Jet. You snooze, you lose I guess.

Quoted from Mike_J:

I have not heard a single positive word from anyone who has played Jetsons.

Well, if that is the case, I may have to go with one of the other options now.

#24 1 year ago

Pork bellies is the obvious choice.

#25 1 year ago

I've played both machines. Star-jet is quite a lot of fun, and it my be Molentin's best art, but that restoration, while wonderful, is too darn expensive. If you think it would retain that price, then go for it. Jetsons has potential, but it just doesn't seem to play right. The ramp shot seems to be blocked by the two rubbers on either side -- if the shot is not dead on the ball dies bouncing between them. The shot just to right of the ramp also doesn't do much and seems like lost potential. It also feels smallish (and maybe it is compared to other machines).

Heads up that Star-jet is old enough that you have to manually load the balls into the shooter lane, in case that's too old-school for folks...

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hi. It's Thursday, and I'm looking to tell someone how to spend their money. I voted MET, but the one that ONLY plays Seek and Destroy. THE SAD version.

I won't be buying another music pin until they do Cannibal Corpse. That is the kind of music I like to wake up to when it's stuck in a loop.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from arkuz:

Heads up that Star-jet is old enough that you have to manually load the balls into the shooter lane, in case that's too old-school for folks...

I already have quite a few games with ball lifts and I always get a chuckle when so called pinball hobbyists or players come over and can't figure out what it's for or how to use it.

#28 1 year ago

For the love of god.....use some of that money for a new avatar.....embarrassing man..........(personally, I miss the dog with the cigar)

#29 1 year ago

It's my way of staying incognito.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from arkuz:

Heads up that Star-jet is old enough that you have to manually load the balls into the shooter lane

You mean there's machines that do that automatically??
Okay, all kicks aside. Star Jet is a nice looker and does stand out
in ones collection and is a cool early multi-ball player, but for that
amount, in all honesty, I'd much rather have a Subway, Diamond Jack,
and Flipper Pool. I'm just saying from my playing taste..
Jetsons I'm not familiar with.
Star jet is a thumbs up game, but maybe not $5,500.00 thumbs up..

#31 1 year ago

All your comments and the poll have been very helpful. Thank you. After much ado, some serious soul searching, and the input I have received here, I should sod my yard and wait for a rainy day. But that's not what I decided.

#32 1 year ago

Another vote for Star Jet. Love the theme.
One can argue it's cool but not $5,500 cool... but I understand a beautifully restored one can command high prices.

I owned one. It would have stayed if I had enough space.
I regret it, but not as much as Fireball for example.

#33 1 year ago

If this Star Jet would be available in Europe, I would go for it. 5.5k is a huge amount of money, but this is a timeless beauty. Played it in Zurich (pincity) - one of the most beautiful pinball locations and "fell in love". Looks so great... and it's a tough player... but it's a player

Kevin nails it...
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/caucasian2step/ratings/comments#rating-40187

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11,500.00
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 132.00
$ 35.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside