(Topic ID: 244538)

Jet Spin Roto-Target not scoring enough points.

By cyroute

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cyroute
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jet Spin Roto Target 100 points (resized).jpg
20190603_212246 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I'm on my last issue with my Jet Spin. If I hit the left roto-target switch it will score 100 points less that what is showing on the target but the center and right targets score correctly every time. So if it shows 200 it will score 100 only strange issue is if 100 is showing it will score 500 points. The switch on the playfield that scores the same points as the roto-target is doing the same thing so I don’t think it is the switches on the roto target itself. Below is the schematic section I believe is involved.
Thanks,
Joe

20190603_212246 (resized).jpg20190603_212246 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Used to own a Jet Spin, great game. Guess I’d double check the switches in the left Roto target relay first. I’m assuming individual 100’s are enabled by the Roto wipers and then eventually awarded by the relay thru motor switches.

#3 4 years ago

If your AA/Left Roto Target Relay closes when you hit the left Roto Target switch and stays closed until the Score Motor stops I'd say it's probably working as it should. You can compare it to the CC/Right Roto Target relay which should behave the same way when the right Roto Target switch is hit.

You may need to have a close look at your Roto Target wipers:
Jet Spin Roto Target 100 points (resized).jpgJet Spin Roto Target 100 points (resized).jpg
The way this should work is that when the Roto Target is hit, the Score Motor starts and the Score Motor 1A switch in the bottom right closes 5 times before the Score Motor stops, sending 5 pulses into the circuit. The 5 pulses get to the #5 and Star position contacts on the Roto Target (there are three contacts each for the other 4 positions too.)

The five pulses also try to get through the normally closed Score Motor 4C switch. All but one get through since the 4C switch opens during the 5th pulse, so only 4 pulses get to the #4 position contacts on the Roto Target. So 4 pulses get to each of the #4 position contacts on the Roto Target.

The 4 pulses all try to get through the Score Motor 1B switch but only three get through, and so on until only 1 pulse gets through the four normally closed Score Motor Switches. So each contact on the Roto Target gets a number of pulses indicated by it's position.

When the left Roto Target is hit and the AA relay fires, the M/100 point relay should get a number of pulses based on which contact the left Roto Target is touching. It sounds like the left Roto Target is off by one, and may be shorted to the center Roto Target. (Does the left target always score what the center target shows?)

In any case, look carefully at what the left Roto Target wiper is touching on the contact board. It sounds like it's off by one contact, or perhaps it's shorted to the center target wiper and not touching any contact by itself.

/Mark

#4 4 years ago

It ended up being a missing wire on the roto-target wheel itself replaced the wire and all is good now. Thanks for making me double check the wheel itself!
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jet-spin-roto-target-not-scoring-enough-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.