• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220501_125852076~2 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I'm finishing up my Jet Spin and running into hopefully my last issue. On power up, pressing the replay button will start the reset process, and when complete, serves up ball one - The game plays and scores. When the ball drains, nothing happens. I have 2 switches on the ball return and they are both cleaned and adjusted. I found that if I tap the playfield, the ball bonus counts down and scores, ball kicks out and advances. I was able to get to 5th ball and it just kept playing, BX didn't energize. When I pushed the relay in, it stayed locked in and game ended. Powered the game off and back on. Started a new game and with the love tap on the playfield, it would count bonus, and eject the ball, but never advanced to b2. I'm not sure where to look for my bad connection

#2 2 years ago

So its 2 different issues. I've got a very fussy switch on the bonus unit that takes an ever so soft touch to make the connection. I've alcohol cleaned it, adjusted it, filed it and still giving trouble. When I make that work, it still does not advance to b2. The P relay fires after bonus completes its countdown, but stays on P1B1.

#3 2 years ago

I would look closely to the bonus step down coil wiring.Make sure it's solid.Sometimes the wire from the coil seperates from the lug,thus,no connection.
Once you figure that out,I would also look at the ball count step up coil connection or zero bonus switch.Balls not likely to count up unless the bonus unit is at "0".But it shouldn't kick out either until this "process" is complete(bonus countdown).
If this game has been idle for along time,it could be that the ball count unit is stuck.
Good luck with it-fun game-just shopped one for a friend

#4 2 years ago

Thanks.. Bonus unit is working properly now. There must have been some grease or funk on the contacts. A good cleaning with some alcohol fixed this issue.

I finally got the ball count to advance as well. Not sure exactly which switch it was, but the problem was somewhere between G and motor 2c.

1 month later
#5 1 year ago

I'm still fooling around getting Jet Spin to play perfectly. Reading through the manual, it says the special can either be set for extra ball or credit. I'm missing some labels in the backbox and I don't see another jumper to switch between the 2 features. The game is currently set for extra credit for special. I get a credit when the red special is hit and also at the bonus score levels. There is one 2 pin jones plug in the back under the match enable jones plug and it doesn't have a label. I thought that may be it, I didn't get a credit or extra ball when I hit a bonus score level. I didn't test further to see what happens when a special is lit, but I'm going to try that tonight. Here is a pic of the plug I'm looking to identify.

PXL_20220501_125852076~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220501_125852076~2 (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago

Yes, that's it...

SL+GR - credit
OR+GR - extra ball

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Yes, that's it...
SL+GR - credit
OR+GR - extra ball

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Yes, that's it...
SL+GR - credit
OR+GR - extra ball

Thanks.. I thought so, but during my test game I hit my 70K extra ball and the play again light didn't come on. After playing another game I realized my light isn't working

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

Thanks @HowardR!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jet-spin-not-advancing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.