Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JY64
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture d’écran 2018-05-01 à 07.13.07 (resized).png
    7ec50dbdbd8102c26c03e91adf319a0da5fe24e50a803d78f531c3aafedd0cbc_(resized).jpg
    pinballshirtlol_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-25_at_1.33.41_PM_(resized).png
    download_(resized).jpg
    2016-02-25-12-58-42--669660490_(resized).jpeg
    images-6_(resized).jpeg
    images-7_(resized).jpeg
    images-8_(resized).jpeg
    2016-02-25-12-58-36--878899182_(resized).jpeg
    2016-02-25-12-58-11--910333237_(resized).jpeg
    2016-02-25-12-58-18-220976026_(resized).jpeg
    images-5_(resized).jpeg
    pony_(resized).jpg
    jjp_(resized).jpg
    Steak-Knives_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Dude, you stole my Joke!!!! At least give me credit.

#16 8 years ago

This isn't news really. We heard a while back about the financial muscle joining JJP. This is it. It's not a bad thing or great thing, just a necessary thing. Jack scaled big without manufacturing cred and needed help. I don't want to see him fail even if I personally don't like a lot of their tactics. They need to do a few things moving forward to turn a page.

1. Stop making widebody pins. I've never played a widebody that was more fun to shoot than a standard size pin. Plus he's trying to do too much with each pin. Win on details, quality, art, fun...not just tons of stuff.

Yeah, that's it for me

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Can we all agree that If it wasn't for a white knight, JJP would have failed and screwed people out of their Hobbit money??? Or is this statement untrue?

You're spot on man, but it's no use trying to convince people of this. At this point, the white knight has appeared. They have secured financial support. The ship is afloat. For now. The big question is how will Hobbit sell. If it sells well and orders keep coming in, JJP will survive. If it doesn't sell well, things might get dicey.

The thing none of us know or can speculate is this: how far will the new leadership team go to get everything in the green? The could be willing to lose $50 Million because they see an upside of $100 Million if turns a corner. I'm just tossing out made up numbers.

It's hard to talk objectively about JJP without people claiming you're rooting against pinball and to stop. Jack's business practices were juvenile and emotionally charged. These new guys will run it like a business. Let's at least give them a chance to succeed. The past is gone. People's pain and suffering waiting for Hobbit is almost over.

If the pin is not fun, it won't have been worth it. I'm still unsure about that game. If games don't ship mid-March, prepare for all hell to break loose.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

This is a great point. I think if JJP can survive after the first 3-4 pins, he'll be in for the long haul. Most of us unrealistically expected JJP to be able to build & ship pins like Stern who has 40 (?) years of experience. I know some of that was fueled by Jack...

You do realize, with its current rate of production, game 4 will ship in 2022. And that's being kind. It's been 7 years now with one pin.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

This sounds like speculation to me, with no factual evidence provided to support it.

It's not speculation at all. People have heard from vendors who were not paid. Parts weren't made. Hence why Hobbit never started to get built. These guys brought cash in to clear up the issues and get manufacturing back on track.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from wtatumjr:

JJP is privately held. We simply don't know. I know I received my WOZ as ordered and expect Hobbit as well

Let's all do this...let's just wait until Mid-March to see if Hobbit ships when they said it would and stop speculating on their finances. Deal?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-joe-pinball?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.