263684 (resized).jpg
3-Wheeler (resized).jpg
IMG_20170523_221010 (resized).jpg
thats what she said (resized).jpg
thank-you-captain-obvious-lg (resized).jpg
leg2.jpg
IMG_8794 (resized).JPG
image-2 (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

The Nifty LED guys had their Iron Man VE show up without any legs. I thought it was funny. They didn't laugh as much as I did.

#52 6 years ago

IMG_8794 (resized).JPGIMG_8794 (resized).JPG

#53 6 years ago

got a spare leg I can send you, just need an address. The light is handy when hunting for dropped screws in bottom of cabinet.

leg2.jpgleg2.jpg

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

got a spare leg I can send you, just need an address. The light is handy when hunting for dropped screws in bottom of cabinet.

I always wanted to get one of those after seeing it in that Christmas movie. Thing is pretty horrendous looking.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

A friend of mine had a cat when I was in high school with three legs.
I named her TRIPOD...

OK - I will be shouted down here::::grammar police in full swing.....

Your sentence reads as follows:

-A friend had a cat

- I was in high school

- I had three legs

WHAT!!! maybe you're counting your 'middle leg' here?

Your sentence structure is incorrect. I would suggest you probably meant to write:

"When I was in high school, a friend of mine had a cat with three legs".

There you go, now it makes sense.........flame away people....

As to the missing leg - I would cut them some slack. It's easy to overlook something - happens to us occasionally as well, someone will call and complain that we only put 7 feet instead of 8 for the stools we include with our video tables - no biggie - I apologize and send out the missing bits with a few presents as sweeteners and haven't had too many fully agro people yet.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

A Steely Dan pinball!!!! Oh man I would buy three!!!

I would learn to work the saxophone...

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Justin85:

10 pins in 2 months!!! Just put your wallet under one corner then add or subtract a few hundreds until it's level.

Post of the week. Well done.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

» YouTube video of Steely Dan

I don't see how dark, sarcastic lyrics will help here.

#59 6 years ago

Set it on a crate like whoa Nellie!

#60 6 years ago

Be patient. Jen will hook u up. Mistakes happen.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Better lock this thread. It will give stern another cost cutting idea.

it will be available as an option, only $599 for the legs.

#62 6 years ago

That's it, I'm taking a leg off my F'ng washing machine. The damn thing is never stable. I have to run down stairs when I hear WHAAAMP WHAAAP BAAAM BAAAM, repeat. GE should have left the extra leg off.

#63 6 years ago

Thanks for this thread. After today I needed a good laugh!

#64 6 years ago

I think they did their job just forgot to pack a leg, not that big a deal.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

OK - I will be shouted down here::::grammar police in full swing.....
Your sentence reads as follows:
-A friend had a cat
- I was in high school
- I had three legs
WHAT!!! maybe you're counting your 'middle leg' here?
Your sentence structure is incorrect. I would suggest you probably meant to write:
"When I was in high school, a friend of mine had a cat with three legs".
There you go, now it makes sense.........flame away people....
As to the missing leg - I would cut them some slack. It's easy to overlook something - happens to us occasionally as well, someone will call and complain that we only put 7 feet instead of 8 for the stools we include with our video tables - no biggie - I apologize and send out the missing bits with a few presents as sweeteners and haven't had too many fully agro people yet.

Hmmmm. Your description still makes it possible that my friend had the three legs and NOT the cat.
You stated " - I had three legs"..that wasn't in my original statement. You deduced that...
Now my friend, who may have been female (but was a male), could have been the one with three legs...LOL

Good ole' Eileen Tripod... I miss her...

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got my brand new in box Hobbit LE today. Start to unpack and get it set up, only to find that it was shipped with 3 legs. Not the usual standard 4. But 3. Looks like my setup will have to be a borrowed leg from something else( like a pirate) until I can get a new leg sent. This all is funny, but kinda sad.....that is a critical part I think.....

First off what a bunch of tools who would down vote this post second I am sorry to the OP but with a the bitching that is on Pinside this is one of the funniest thing I have heard in some time

#67 6 years ago

A peg legged pinball? JJP4 POTC Confirmed!

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's too fragile!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think they did their job just forgot to pack a leg

thank-you-captain-obvious-lg (resized).jpgthank-you-captain-obvious-lg (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

Hope is Harley Davidson doesn't have stern legs, or it will lean?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Mathematically and geometrically, yes. Anything and everything is more more stable on 3 legs, regardless of weight distribution or size.
Think of this: A 3 legged chair is always stable. It'll never rock back and forth, but how many chairs with 4 legs have you sat on where it rocks or leans?

I think none should overlook your avatar.

You sound like someone who reads math books but has never built anything...

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

It's ok. Sega Harley Davidson was ever so gracious to donate its front legs in the meantime.

I must say it is nice to see the OP not turn this into a bitch fest

#73 6 years ago

To be fair the "you only had one job" thing only works when there's only one job.

JJ has like 2,000 jobs when it comes to putting out a working pinball machine.

Now...maybe the leg packing guy only had one job...and thanks to this post he probably no longer has that!

The first time I bought a pinball machine, I forgot to pack the legs. Lesson learned...thankfully I had a local friend with an extra set.

#74 6 years ago

Does anyone ever complain when there is 5 legs in the box? LOL

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Does anyone ever complain when there is 5 legs in the box? LOL

thats what she said (resized).jpgthats what she said (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago

There's one member of our family that would see a three-legged pin as nothing out of the ordinary. She'd share a common bond for sure.

IMG_20170523_221010 (resized).jpgIMG_20170523_221010 (resized).jpg

#77 6 years ago

I've been sent a pin without a power cord. Not a big deal as I stole one from my TV lol. Stuff happens and we are all human. First world problems

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

It will lean but drags on the slightest curves.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

It will lean but drags on the slightest curves.

LOL Kaw fan?

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I think none should overlook your avatar.
You sound like someone who reads math books but has never built anything

Just because I have a bookshelf full of math and science books, doesn't mean I haven't built anything. Or maybe it does. I'm not sure. I'm too busy reading to tell.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Just because I have a bookshelf full of math and science books, doesn't mean I haven't built anything. Or maybe it does. I'm not sure. I'm too busy reading to tell.

It seems like you took something you read the wrong way, or maybe just confusing wobble and stability? I thought someone with some practical experience would realize that.

This isn't the car you drive by any chance, is it?

3-Wheeler (resized).jpg3-Wheeler (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

This isn't the car you drive by any chance, is it?

No. This is, and it's far less prone to flipping on it's side

263684 (resized).jpg263684 (resized).jpg

But actually, I was using the words "wobble" and "stability" interchangeably for the sake of linguistic diversity. My apologies if those colloquial irregularities made for a confusing statement, as I didn't really mean it to be interpreted that way. (More or less, what I was trying to convey is that since a 3 legged chair will never wobble, it could be interpreted as having greater stability--even if the weight distribution tips it). You are indeed correct though and thanks for clarifying it better than I could.

#83 6 years ago

Cat-McCarthy-Buffalo-NY-1 (resized).jpgCat-McCarthy-Buffalo-NY-1 (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago

bv113legcow (resized).jpgbv113legcow (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago

Be prepared for all the "play better" comments comming your way from the purists after you change the "setup" from factory, to add the fourth leg!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Please email [email protected] and copy me if you'd like ([email protected]) and we will ship you a leg tomorrow. So sorry!

Throw in an arm for his trouble!

#87 6 years ago

This is a great community here so welcome aflacjack. Truth be told I haven't been getting laid enough for my off the charts sex drive. I understand you were being light-hearted and not a screeching bitch like a lot of ladies on here, but yer thread title screams "click bait" and just rubbed me the wrong way. Anyhow I apologize for being a dick when it wasn't called for.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Truth be told I haven't been getting laid enough for my off the charts sex drive

You're married now aren't you? Well, that would explain it....

#89 6 years ago

Did you pay for a LE/GS

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Be prepared for all the "play better" comments comming your way from the purists after you change the "setup" from factory, to add the fourth leg!

For sure. He might as well just clog a towel down the drain and play with the glass off if he's going to make such a large adjustment to the factory settings.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Caviar:

Did you pay for a LE/GS

Yes an LE. #1148

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes it has stern legs that are about 3 inches longer. For right now the playfield sits on about a .5 degree angle. Leg should be here tomorrow and then all will be good.

#93 6 years ago

So my Harley Davidson looks like this for now.

IMG_0144 (resized).JPGIMG_0144 (resized).JPG

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

So my Harley Davidson looks like this for now.

Cute, is his name Bob?

#95 6 years ago

Even the pinside emoji uses three legs!
- - - -

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Caviar:

Did you pay for a LE/GS

wonka i see what you did (resized).jpgwonka i see what you did (resized).jpg

#98 6 years ago

You could take them to court, but you won't have a leg to stand on.

#99 6 years ago

Leg arrived today. All good now.

#100 6 years ago

I've had nothing but the BEST SUPPORT from JJP with my WOZLE.
Quick to respond, parts show up, they have made it right for me, everytime!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jackyou-only-had-one-job/page/2?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.