263684 (resized).jpg
3-Wheeler (resized).jpg
IMG_20170523_221010 (resized).jpg
thats what she said (resized).jpg
thank-you-captain-obvious-lg (resized).jpg
leg2.jpg
IMG_8794 (resized).JPG
image-2 (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Got my brand new in box Hobbit LE today. Start to unpack and get it set up, only to find that it was shipped with 3 legs. Not the usual standard 4. But 3. Looks like my setup will have to be a borrowed leg from something else( like a pirate) until I can get a new leg sent. This all is funny, but kinda sad.....that is a critical part I think.....

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got my brand new in box Hobbit LE today. Start to unpack and get it set up, only to find that it was shipped with 3 legs. Not the usual standard 4. But 3. Looks like my setup will have to be a borrowed leg from something else( like a pirate) until I can get a new leg sent. This all is funny, but kinda sad.....that is a critical part I think.....

Probably would have been more classy and effective to only have contacted them directly. You know the will make it right.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

It's the latest LE from Jersey Jack. The most rare and valuable one (so far). I wouldn't complain.

#4 6 years ago

Better lock this thread. It will give stern another cost cutting idea.

#5 6 years ago

Hahaha. Glad someone else sees the humor in this

#6 6 years ago

Tripod edition FTW!!! But yeah, they'll fix it haha.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

This all is funny, but kinda sad.....that is a critical part I think.....

haha, Think if it was your only machine! Can't head down to Walmarts and pick up a leg

#8 6 years ago

Please email [email protected] and copy me if you'd like ([email protected]) and we will ship you a leg tomorrow. So sorry!

#9 6 years ago

Just set it up on a saw horse and play it until this gets resolved.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Please email [email protected] and copy me if you'd like ([email protected]) and we will ship you a leg tomorrow. So sorry!

I would've expected that this sort of leg help would require someone named Peg.

#11 6 years ago

just clear the home library and stack all the books on the floor until it reach the other legs their height.. temporary solution and then call JJP in the morning

#12 6 years ago

Actually the third leg is a spare, you put the first two on the back and hold the front up while you play.

#13 6 years ago

Or just lay it on the floor and play on your stomach

#14 6 years ago

...it's a Hobbled...

#15 6 years ago

Sounds like Jersey Jack has a leg up on the situation.

#16 6 years ago

It takes a lot of Gollum to do something like that to a customer.

#17 6 years ago

Use all your old J. R. R. Tolkien books on back corner, pick one. What an awesome custom book/Leg mod!

#18 6 years ago

But, will we hear of the pin next to yours, in the assembly line, that came with 5 legs?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

#20 6 years ago

Do you have any small children who could stand under the missing-leg-corner for you until the replacement leg arrives?

#22 6 years ago

I thought I was Mr. Bullshit.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Better lock this thread. It will give stern another cost cutting idea.

They already did that...

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

Yes...11 pins, 10 of which have been acquired in the past 2 months. I am new to the hobby, hence my "first post". I will come here and spout whatever I choose when my first brand new one is missing a part. Jersey Jack is taking care of it, and did it quick I might add. Since you seem to be full of anger and hate, maybe another thread is worthy of your time, Mr smarty.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Yes...11 pins, 10 of which have been acquired in the past 2 months. I am new to the hobby, hence my "first post". I will come here and spout whatever I choose when my first brand new one is missing a part. Jersey Jack is taking care of it, and did it quick I might add. Since you seem to be full of anger and hate, maybe another thread is worthy of your time, Mr smarty.

FWIW I found your post in good fun and not an attack. Some people just get too serious when they need to lighten up, and sometimes they light up and forget to be serious. Congrats on hobbit and welcome to the addiction....erm, I mean hobby.

#26 6 years ago

Jesus you're on even more of a tear than usuall

#27 6 years ago

That's Mr. Smarty to you.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

maybe another thread is worthy of your time, Mr smarty.

What other threads would you recommend?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

only to find that it was shipped with 3 legs. Not the usual standard 4.

Crap can happen. And I am sorry. Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and open a ticket on the support desk. Als their phone number is on the website, please call them tomorrow during business hours.

Thank you,
LTG : )

#30 6 years ago

Sales order is already on your desk, already signed by you, Lloyd.

#31 6 years ago

Did you know, from a technical perspective, anything supported by 3 legs would be more stable than anything supported by 4 (or more) legs. This is because geometrically, a plane only requires 3 points to be defined. Adding more points makes it harder to stabilize. Tripods are far more sturdy and stable simply because the 3 points will always perfectly define a plane--regardless of where the vertices of that triangle are.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Did you know, from a technical perspective, anything supported by 3 legs would be more stable than anything supported by 4 (or more) legs. This is because geometrically, a plane only requires 3 points to be defined. Adding more points makes it harder to stabilize. Tripods are far more sturdy and stable simply because the 3 points will always perfectly define a plane--regardless of where the vertices of that triangle are.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

It's ok. Sega Harley Davidson was ever so gracious to donate its front legs in the meantime.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Sales order is already on your desk, already signed by you, Lloyd.

Too cool. Then I'll make Paul's hit parade.

Top of the world Ma !

LTG : )

#35 6 years ago

10 pins in 2 months!!! Just put your wallet under one corner then add or subtract a few hundreds until it's level.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Anything, eh? Even an unevenly weighted pinball machine with legs meant to be in four corners? I disagree.

#37 6 years ago

That guy up there's mouth is so big maybe I should use it.....
Gryszz

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What other threads would you recommend?

Come on Gryzzz, throw on some Iron Maiden, have a beer, and kick some AC/DC ass....

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Anything, eh? Even an unevenly weighted pinball machine with legs meant to be in four corners? I disagree.

Thats how my Funhouse fell on its side. True story......

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mathematically and geometrically, yes. Anything and everything is more more stable on 3 legs, regardless of weight distribution or size.

Think of this: A 3 legged chair is always stable. It'll never rock back and forth, but how many chairs with 4 legs have you sat on where it rocks or leans?

#41 6 years ago

I should clarify, however, that in order for a plane to be defined mathematically via 3 points, we're talking about a triangle, whereas the 3 edges must converge. So, from a geometric perspective, sticking 3 legs on the corners rectangle doesn't satisfy the demands in which the game will be supported when considering weight distribution. The legs would have to be engineered to converge into a single point above the plane.

Regardless, however, a three legged anything will always find a geometric plane, and will not wobble.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

A friend of mine had a cat when I was in high school with three legs.
I named her TRIPOD...

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I named her TRIPOD

Not Eileen?!

#44 6 years ago

I actually just lost my 3 legged Schnauzer. His name was Tres....as in spanish for 3. No lie. I am going to name my new Hobbit Tres in his memory.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I should clarify, however, that in order for a plane to be defined mathematically via 3 points, we're talking about a triangle, whereas the 3 edges must converge. So, from a geometric perspective, sticking 3 legs on the corners rectangle doesn't satisfy the demands in which the game will be supported when considering weight distribution. The legs would have to be engineered to converge into a single point above the plane.
Regardless, however, a three legged anything will always find a geometric plane, and will not wobble.

Gotta be stern then to engineer the first three legged pin -- let's see this thing!! Or Maybe a Chicago games remake of trizone??

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I actually just lost my 3 legged Schnauzer. His name was Tres....as in spanish for 3. No lie. I am going to name my new Hobbit Tres in his memory.

How long ago did he pass? Some sort of sign there. Sorry for your loss.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

How long ago did he pass? Some sort of sign there. Sorry for your loss.

June 8th

#48 6 years ago

Only 3 legs huh...

Time to get some lemonade...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

» YouTube video

A Steely Dan pinball!!!! Oh man I would buy three!!!

#50 6 years ago

I actually have switched my whole collection to three legs. It much harder to nudge and not tilt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jackyou-only-had-one-job and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.