You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01325_(resized).JPG
DSC01319_(resized).JPG
DSC01308_(resized).JPG
DSC01314_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

So very much my experience. Very weak flippers which makes the pin feel "floaty" and almost EM like. Why is this pin coming from the JJP factory with those weak flipper settings? You'd think after a 3 year wait they would be setting these things up to play properly. That is unless, this is how it plays.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats the way its set up for shows as well. seems like a shitty way to try and sell a machine, make it slow, floaty, and have weak flippers.

Is it because strong flippers will break stuff? There has to be a reason Jack's turning them down. When we went from Hobbit to Tron LE the other night, it was like going from a trot to a full sprint. Someone even said, man this TRON is SO FAST. Then they said, "actually, the Hobbit is just really slow".

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If the game was setup with weaker flippers and less pitch on purpose it might be good to know this before comparing it to one of the fastest games ever produced.
I can only guess why it would be setup this way but having it less likely to break stuff is one reason as well as to appeal to a wider audience of folks who might play it at a show.

But it doesn't make sense. This 8K pin is for HUO collectors and almost everyone is walking away from it (at those shows) saying it plays slow and floaty. Literally, the ball CRAWLS up the ramps on the machine I played this week. It really does play like an EM. You flick the ball up and just sort of watch it slowly bounce off stuff.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Not the experience at the 5th estate. Nobody complaining about slow and floaty. Probably not set up steep enough, and you can always make the flipper coils stronger. I think that I'd why Jack puts test games out.

Al, I played it at 5th Estate for 2 hours...was slow and floaty. Maybe because people were playing for hours? But ball wasn't popping off those flippers at all. Was hard to hit ramps. Let us know when you increase the power and I'll go by and try it out again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jacks-the-hobbit-on-location-asbury-park-nj-video-and-pic?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.