(Topic ID: 45427)

Jersey Jack's Letter - It's from the heart! Read it here.

By BackFlipper

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dayslogo.jpg
kool_aid_man_glass.jpg
clickme.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

there is a sucker born every minute...

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I ran out of gas and only got about half way thru. If someone synopsizes the longest post I've ever (almost) read, that would be cool.

i apologize for it being everyone else's fault... but trust me, it's gonna be awesome...

(pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)...

#105 11 years ago

@rick...

conduct this experiment...

stop 100 people on the street tomorrow and ask them if they've ever heard of jjp...

report back...

i'm one of those "new people" you refer to, and i had never heard of jjp before i joined here... some of you fail to recognize how insular the pinball community is...

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Stop 100 people on the street and ask them who the Vice President is...
report back

nice try, but completely irrelevant...

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You make some good points Rick, but I'm still going to be of the opinion that the number of new pin owners that exist only because of JJP is minuscule. I don't think simply announcing a new pin company would be nearly enough to bring new people into the hobby. If JJP has expanded the market, it has mostly been among people who already own pins.
I know that their goal is to get non pinheads into pinball, but that isn't going to happen until WOZ is out on location (and personally I still don't think that's going to change things much either).

yup... i find it difficult to believe that someone who had no interest in pinball before is going to be running out and dropping $7k on a machine simply due to the emergence of another manufacturer...

i want jjp to succeed from a selfish standpoint... successful businesses are good for my state...

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It was a JOKE!

oops... sorry.... i'm a little cranky, i just spent 2 hours on the phone with verizon trying to convince them that no, i'm not an idiot, the service really isn't working...

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if they'll do it for every title JJP builds. But there are non-pinheads buying WOZ because they are WOZ collectors.
Last Summer I had 3 or 4 couples stop in traveling on vacation to talk WOZ and find out what pinball is. They found me because they were on the WOZ forums. And were big WOZ fans. Yellow brick driveways and everything.
It reminded me of the KISS army driving up KISS pinball prices.
Might not be huge numbers. They are out there.
LTG : )

point taken lloyd... that being said, that's not really "growing the pin community"... that's "wizard of oz" nuts who'd buy a buffalo turd if dorothy was on the side of it...

as noted, i want to see jjp succeed... small boutique businesses succeeding are a sign of a growing economy...

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Love to see a photo of THAT!

no gif??? dang mate, i thought you had a gif for everything...

#126 11 years ago

mo' bettah'...

#128 11 years ago

^^^

well if you want to use your "nostalgia" example above, no, they didn't... i certainly didn't... i played pinball incessantly in my yute, and it really wasn't the theme... it was the challenge... i loved beating the machine...

#159 11 years ago

ummm... let us not compare jersey jack to tiger.... please... that's just silly...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
13,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jacks-letter-its-from-the-heart?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.