(Topic ID: 45427)

Jersey Jack's Letter - It's from the heart! Read it here.

By BackFlipper

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dayslogo.jpg
kool_aid_man_glass.jpg
clickme.gif

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just for reference, I have no plans of sitting on these boards.

Me either. I'll be sure to keep my haunches off of them.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Synopsis:
"I take this opportunity to speak to you on Easter weekend because, like Jesus, I have suffered and toiled thanklessly for my people.
Any mistakes Ive made were actually trusting in the promises of my suppliers.
Even with those challenges, my half-done shit is better than the other stuff out there.
Please be patient and for god sakes - KEEP pre-ordering JJP#2 (we need that dough to finish the JJP #1 machines we already sold).

Just kiddin...
Happy Easter folks!

Thanks dude, that saved me a lot of readin'!

#203 6 years ago

***posted material removed***

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity / attack / duplicate account

#204 6 years ago

Jack, best of luck to you. I really mean it, your open house was awesome,Thank you for the hospitality. Is there going to be a woz with the most current code at Allentown?

#206 6 years ago

I have not yet played a WoZ and have not pre-ordered.

Jack spoke at the MPE last year and he will do so again this year. He has an absolute passion for pinball. He believes in what JJP is doing, right or wrong. His conviction is quite evident and unquestionable. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say this year.

His conviction to provide the best possible machine has led to a long delay in WoZ. I would hate to see his passion to provide the highest quality modern machine be JJP's undoing.

He believes to his core that this game will bring back pinball to the almost extinct coin-op market. I asked if he saw a market beyond the home use only era that we see today. He blew me off and related a story to a diffrent machine at one time in his past did well on location when others said it would not. He truly believes this pin will revive the general public interest in pinball. Not so sure I agree with his assesment and his intended sales goals. The delay in the release has not helped his case imo.

Would JJP have been better off by releasing a game with unfinished code as Stern does knowing the shipping delay was getting extremely long? This seems to be an accepted business model for Stern.

In the end, pinball in general benefits with JJP in the game. I hope the finished product is the first of many great pins yet to come.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

They might fall off the delivery truck or an extremely obese man may sit on all 1500 boards destroying them all. Stay tuned.

The boards were mixed up in transit and ended up going to hurricane relief efforts and used as serving trays for the various people still without a home. The good part is they passed field testing and will be used for the build.

If you see a few boards with peanut butter and jelly on them consider it an "extra".

#208 6 years ago

This is a true story, it was on the news...

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

The boards were mixed up in transit and ended up going to Hurricane relief efforts and used as serving trays for the various people still without a home. The good part is they passed field testing and will be used for the build.
If you see a few boards with peanut butter and jelly on them consider it an "extra".

I'm at least glad they were used for a good cause.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Would JJP have been better off by releasing a game with unfinished code

ummmm.... all signs point to woz shipping with incomplete code.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Beat me to it

#212 6 years ago

Seriously someone start a "WOZ shipping in April" thread

#213 6 years ago

Reminds me of the move Bugsy, guy was right on the concept, but terrible on timing...we won't talk about the ending. Whether jjp is visionary remains to be seen. Personally, I have trouble looking at a DMD while playing, especially if its a fast game, so not sure what an LCD adds other than it looks pretty. I'd rather see some kind of animation incorporated on or in the playfield somehow, sort of like the tv in TSPP or the lower playfield in acdc.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If actually true, this will be a PR nightmare for JJP. All the promises about never releasing a game before its time and not repeating Stern's mistakes will have been proven to be smoke and mirrors.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gonna be an interesting next few months!

Fixed it for ya.

Quoted from Half_Life:

If actually true, this will be a PR nightmare for JJP. All the promises about never releasing a game before its time and not repeating Stern's mistakes will have been proven to be smoke and mirrors.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

I know that you had ordered a WOZ. Are you still in, or did you get out?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

All the promises about never releasing a game before its time and not repeating Stern's mistakes will have been proven to be smoke and mirrors.

The take-away: It's harder than it looks......

#217 6 years ago

I haven't ordered one, but I do wish JJP success. There are a few lines in there that are pretty bad, the biggest was admitting they had no idea what they were going to develop. Seriously, and you expected to hit a deadline? Hopefully they have learned that an actual business model and development plan is essential to success.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Fixed it for ya.

Wise ass!

#219 6 years ago

Wake me up after it is shipping in volume. This thread sucks cause it is all conjecture and before the fact. 99 percent of these posts seem like one guy shoveling the horse shit in front of his house to his neighbour's yard. Immediately followed by that neighbour shoveling shit to the next neighbour's yard. And so on and so on.

Guess there is still the1 percent of posts here that add value. I know this rant didn't contribute either.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I know this rant didn't contribute either.

Do ANY of them, really....

#221 6 years ago

i'm a pinball noob who owns 4 machines. I'll buy STrek and Metallica LE's because generally speaking, Stern gets it right (although Avengers had quality issues IMHO)....and if Jack gets it right, I'll buy his too.

I could care less if it comes out next week or next month...just get it right.

2 legit pinball co's will be good for everybody. Frankly, I'm pulling for Predator too....but JUST GET IT RIGHT.

#222 6 years ago

That's IT, Noobster!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside