(Topic ID: 85080)

Jersey Jack's or Spooky Pinball ..................The Outer Limits??

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

space_1999.jpg
Kolchak.jpg
outer-limits-21.jpg
outer-limits-21.jpg
Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-17673497-640-480.jpg
20000-leagues-under-the-sea-poster-kent-taylor.jpg
outer-limits-shatner-.jpg
65660_batgirl_cake_pop_by_alexia_jean_grey-d5b7nz4.jpg
forbiddenplanet.gif
WP_20140219_18_56_27_Pro.jpg
th-5.jpeg
outer_limits_architects_bts.jpg
outer limits klingon.jpg
the mutant gif4.gif
Mills.jpg
OuterLRobertCulp-DemonWithTheGlassHand.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys & Gals,

How about it?

1st - WOZ
2nd - The Hobbit
3rd - The Outer Limits??............................. Make it so #1!!

Hey Jack/Spooky!

Spooky's 3rd - Outer Limits?

Twilight Zone Pin is always rated #1 on IPDB so why not give it a run for the money with this awesome original series?

So many cool toys, graphics, and sound bytes could be made for this game..........think of the possibilities!

Heck I would even buy one from Jack or Spooky and I'm not even an SS guy so what does that tell you! I think this would be a title for both young and old alike along with super sales for whomever makes this title!

What do you folks think?

Please Stand By....................

1960s-television-series-outer limits screen shot.jpg1960s-television-series-outer limits screen shot.jpg
outer limits -pls_stand_by-496.jpgouter limits -pls_stand_by-496.jpg

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think JJP needs themes to be at least 75 years or older to qualify.

Quoted from cichlid:

The Outer Limits 1963 ?? Too new.

Mary Poppins is 1934, might be a better choice.

Glad I'm not drinking a beverage right now! You guys are too funny.

Ken

#18 10 years ago

At about 2:20 into this skit is what I think about a "Sound of Music" themed pin.

Ken

#35 10 years ago

Come on folks!

Lets get back on track.

Lets think "Outer Limits" and what could be done with this theme.

Heck you have episodes with big stars like William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Martin Landau, Martin Sheen, Carroll O'Connor, Ivan Dixon, Robert Duvall, Adam West, Robert Culp, Donald Pleasence, and more! No wonder this series was great and so could the pinball theme!

How about some ideas on Gameplay? Layout? Goals? Wizard mode? I would like a Multi-Ball mode myself.

Ken

outer_limits episodes.jpgouter_limits episodes.jpg
#48 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Nope. Thread is pointless.

That being said, I wanted to do an Outer Limits game too (was a fan of the Showtime/syndication revival), but there was never any real interest from anyone else.

Quoted from Aurich:

Jack is on record for game #3 being non licensed.

OK, so 3rd, 4th, 5th whatever order Jack could fit this theme into the production Que.

So there was a big parade here regarding WOZ from Everyone initially? Everyone here said goody goody, a 75 year old movie title is to be made that has feminine appeal too? Yea right.

Honestly I think if a poll had been taken here and Jack said "Here are your 2 only options for my first pin to be made, WOZ or Outer Limits, which do you want?" Gee, I wonder which way it would have gone? I think you folks know that answer.

I do admire Jack for just taking the bull by the horns and running with WOZ because it was His idea/dream to do it and open up a pinball manufacturing plant and to go give Stern a run for their money and offer quality products to the pinball community.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I hope that the next title would be something to lure in the next generation of players, instead of catering to the 40-50 something crowd.

Ha! Too funny. Last time I was catered to was when the last EM was made in 1979.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Star Wars episodes 1-6

Really? I mean how many more Star Wars pins are needed?

Hopefully we can stay on focus here and get some cool ideas for the Outer Limits theme from folks.

Ken

#60 10 years ago

Attract Mode?

Looks good to me!

Ken

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just wish JJP would do Ghostbusters already. That would be a gold mine for them in my opinion and they could make some really cool toys for it. ECTO 1 LE preorder right here!

The Outer Limits first,

In the meantime you will either have to make your own custom Ghost Busters or buy his.

Ken

#76 10 years ago

Bump for more Aliens to get on board!

Ken

outerlimits alien.jpgouterlimits alien.jpg
#83 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I feel like my nurd status has been downgraded. I've never seen/heard of Outer Limits. Mightn't have made it to this end of the world.

Well if you real like the original Twilight Zone, do not hesitate to buy the DVD box set of all 3 seasons of The Outer Limits. They are truly as good as the first 3 seasons of The Twilight Zone hands down.

You even get to see an early Klingon looking guy.

Ken

outer limits klingon.jpgouter limits klingon.jpg

#92 10 years ago

For those who are familiar and not with the show, here are some mini documentary clips (part 1-4) narrated by the stars and crew sharing some cool information regarding production of The Outer Limits.

Enjoy!

Ken

1 week later
#101 9 years ago

Even Shatner is amazed Jack hasn't put the Outer Limits into the Que to get made yet!

Ken

outer-limits-shatner-.jpgouter-limits-shatner-.jpg

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Night Gallery really would be a more appropriate "true sequel" to the Twilight Zone,

It's not about making a pin that is a sequel to Twilight Zone, rather than the competitor Outer Limits to gain it's place in pinball history along with the original Twilight Zone.

All 3 seasons of Outer Limits were fantastic IMO and had as good of writing as the original Twilight Zone while Night Gallery that I loved as a kid has not stood the test of time as there are plenty of outdated dud episodes which do not even come close to the quality and originality of the original Twilight Zone and Rod Serlings writing IMO once again.

Wish others would chime in with their opinion on this as well.

Ken

1 year later
#135 8 years ago

Well if Jersey Jacks does not pick up the Outer Limits, Maybe Spooky Pinball? Thoughts?

Might be right up their alley.......

Ken

2 months later
#139 8 years ago

Well, If not the Outer Limits for the 3rd one, what about these two?

Both cool, hip, and classic.

The complete series for Kolchak and the first season for 1999 as the 2nd one was awful.

Ken

Kolchak.jpgKolchak.jpg

space_1999.jpgspace_1999.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider em-pinman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jacks-3rd-title-the-outer-limits?tu=em-pinman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.