(Topic ID: 85080)

Jersey Jack's or Spooky Pinball ..................The Outer Limits??

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

space_1999.jpg
Kolchak.jpg
outer-limits-21.jpg
outer-limits-21.jpg
Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-17673497-640-480.jpg
20000-leagues-under-the-sea-poster-kent-taylor.jpg
outer-limits-shatner-.jpg
65660_batgirl_cake_pop_by_alexia_jean_grey-d5b7nz4.jpg
forbiddenplanet.gif
WP_20140219_18_56_27_Pro.jpg
th-5.jpeg
outer_limits_architects_bts.jpg
outer limits klingon.jpg
the mutant gif4.gif
Mills.jpg
OuterLRobertCulp-DemonWithTheGlassHand.jpg
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Even Shatner is amazed Jack hasn't put the Outer Limits into the Que to get made yet!

Ken

outer-limits-shatner-.jpgouter-limits-shatner-.jpg

#102 10 years ago

Night Gallery really would be a more appropriate "true sequel" to the Twilight Zone, featuring Rod Serling and everything. Where Twilight Zone was sci-fi oriented, Night Gallery was Serling's followup show featuring tales of the supernatural and horror.

HP Lovecraft stuff, tales of weirdness...get the guy who impersonated Serling to do it again, have insanity-producing things like Pickman's Model in the game. It would be another chance for Lawlor to really get weird and produce a real sequel. The only problem, as in Outer Limits, is the lack of recognition that comes with the oft-rebooted Twilight Zone. That and the fact it's not 75+ years old.

But we also know that Lawlor excels at original themes, over the top and well unified.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Night Gallery really would be a more appropriate "true sequel" to the Twilight Zone,

It's not about making a pin that is a sequel to Twilight Zone, rather than the competitor Outer Limits to gain it's place in pinball history along with the original Twilight Zone.

All 3 seasons of Outer Limits were fantastic IMO and had as good of writing as the original Twilight Zone while Night Gallery that I loved as a kid has not stood the test of time as there are plenty of outdated dud episodes which do not even come close to the quality and originality of the original Twilight Zone and Rod Serlings writing IMO once again.

Wish others would chime in with their opinion on this as well.

Ken

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

while Night Gallery that I loved as a kid has not stood the test of time as there are plenty of outdated dude episodes which do not even come close to the quality and originality of the original Twilight Zone and Rod Serlings writing IMO once again.

Night Gallery was Rod Serling's writing. All 3 seasons were full of Serling-penned episodes. 3 paintings would introduce the three stories. The door in TZ vs. the paintings in NG. El Spielbergo even directed the pilot film. Twilight Zone fans tend to favor Night Gallery as a true Twilight Zone sequel and grudgingly accept the Outer Limits. The loyalty lays with Serling.

#105 10 years ago

At this rate, JJPs 3rd machine could be the 10th anniversary WoZ edition

ba-dum-dum.

Ok...PL's JJP3#- Im anxious to "See It" and i really hope JJP has the wherewithal to keep it TOTALLY under wraps until they are nearly ready to ship.... THAT would be EPIC.

#106 10 years ago

While TZ had some sci-fi episodes, I would not label the entire series sci-fi oriented. So many of the episodes had nothing to do with science fiction.

#107 10 years ago

Miley Cyrus Pinball Twerk!

The wrecking ball toy would be cool at least...

Since no one's doing Bevis and Butthead why not?

#108 10 years ago

Unlicensed history goes something like maniac dirt bikers, maniac earthquakes, maniac carnival operation, maniac stormchasing, maniac road touring, maniac safecracking, maniac caddyshack golfing. What's the next logical step in this unlicensed pin progression? What would a maniac pinball-themed game look like?

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Wish others would chime in with their opinion on this as well.

I actually liked all three shows. Some of the sci-fi stuff on Twilight Zone was great! I just like Outer Limits a little more because I'm a big monster fan. I've written an anthology film that's a combination of OL and TZ. Evidently, anthology films are not real popular right now.

3 months later
#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I hope that the next title would be something to lure in the next generation of players, instead of catering to the 40-50 something crowd.

Young people are so video game obsessed these days I don't know if its possible to cater to them just yet. Also the hipster generation are preferring to live in tiny urban places. Doesn't leave much physical space for pinball. This hobby is gonna stay very niche until it finally dies.

... I'm not holding my breath JJP #3 is gonna stay original. It just might be the sign of the times. People respect known brands which is probably necessary for this shit to sell these days. Proven video game franchises are gonna be the thing in pinball in like 10 years.

#111 9 years ago

20000-leagues-under-the-sea-poster-kent-taylor.jpg20000-leagues-under-the-sea-poster-kent-taylor.jpg

#112 9 years ago

Guess "Verne's World" already counts for "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea"

#113 9 years ago

Something totally original.

#114 9 years ago

I own all 3 re-mastered seasons. I would buy this pin. Farscape too.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Jack is on record for game #3 being non licensed. So holding my breath doesn't seem really unreasonable.

Jack had on his own website that game number 2 was to be a non- licensed theme . He also said in one of speeches at MGC that game #2 would be a non-licensed theme . This doesn't seem to be the case unless JJP somehow releases a game between Wizard of Oz and Hobbit . If that does happen game 3 would be the hobbit and thus a licensed theme . Anyways I highly doubt that JJP will ever put out a non-licensed theme but I hope I'm wrong .

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Jack had on his own website that game number 2 was to be a non- licensed theme . He also said in one of speeches at MGC that game #2 would be a non-licensed theme .

The Hobbit changed that. Release had to coincide with the movie, and then the move got shoved later in the year.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Anyways I highly doubt that JJP will ever put out a non-licensed theme but I hope I'm wrong .

Pat Lawlor's pin ( #3 for JJP ) will be non licensed.

LTG : )™

#117 9 years ago

I think JJP should do a Willy Wonka pinball based off the original of course...how cool would that be?

Willy-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-17673497-640-480.jpgWilly-Wonka-and-the-Chocolate-Factory-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-17673497-640-480.jpg

#118 9 years ago

I think JJP should build games people paid for three years ago before announcing any new title, but that's just my opinion

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

its a poor mans Twilight Zone. How about an official 3 stooges pin or marx brothers pin.

I would absolutely buy a Marx Bros pin.

#120 9 years ago

I thought some details were released and its going to complete the Earthshaker / Whirlwind natural disaster trilogy from Lawlor.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I own all 3 re-mastered seasons. I would buy this pin. Farscape too.

I believe there were only 1.5 seasons of TOL.

It was far superior to Twilight Zone IMO - the eps were an hour long, the cinematography was beautiful (excessive shadows, ceiling and multiple floor shots, many excessive filters), the soundtrack was just a notch below Forbidden Planet, and the cheap effects still looked damn good.

Don't Open til Doomsday gave this 10 year old many nightmares.....

#122 9 years ago

I think The Outer Limits was more consistently excellent than Twilight Zone. Both were great though.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I believe there were only 1.5 seasons of TOL.

Original series, maybe. The one from the 90s on Showtime/semi-first-run syndication went for like 7 seasons. I enjoyed that series a lot, personally.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I thought some details were released and its going to complete the Earthshaker / Whirlwind natural disaster trilogy from Lawlor.

Just don't call it hurricane, lest it be confused for another game that completed a trilogy (and in that case is the most reviled if the three).

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Original series, maybe. The one from the 90s on Showtime/semi-first-run syndication went for like 7 seasons. I enjoyed that series a lot, personally.

Most of the same production team also worked on SG1 and SGA as well reusing stories, props, and even characters.

Best shows ever! sci fi channel used to rule Fridays nights to bad NBC found away to really mess the channel and kill lot's of good shows on scifi.

ALSO the new name sucks.

#126 9 years ago

Tales from the Darkside - a little campy, but classic 80s. Or just do one based on Stephen Kings collected works...

#127 9 years ago

the way things are going the third title will be out in 2020 maybe!!!!lol

#128 9 years ago

This title might make a good home brew or one off custom for someone. Not really appealing as a commercial pinball machine.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from jrush2112:

the way things are going the third title will be out in 2020 maybe!!!!lol

You are living seriously in the past, Sir.

This might have been true & funny a year ago, amusing a few months ago, but it's just annoying today.

Feels like a wife still making bitchy comments about how you cheated 5 years ago.

Just let it go, it's old news.

#130 9 years ago

The series ran from 1963-1965. I misspoke, I meant to say 3 volumes. I grew up on this stuff, being born in 63, mom was a huge sci fi fan.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Young people are so video game obsessed these days I don't know if its possible to cater to them just yet. Also the hipster generation are preferring to live in tiny urban places. Doesn't leave much physical space for pinball. This hobby is gonna stay very niche until it finally dies.

Big point here. In DC also the new trend is micro units. 300-400 sq ft. As they move in the city, dump car ownership and enjoy small spaces in great locations the idea of pins in the home is fading fast.
The one upswing is the lifestyle is based around going out and not hibernating so clubs with pins can grow again. Maybe...

#132 9 years ago

outer-limits-21.jpgouter-limits-21.jpg

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's ok, but nowhere near as good as the orignal.Since it was made in BC, the style and production are similar to a thousand other shows made during that era, it really doesn't stand out as the original did. Some stories were excellent, but they don't have the same punch as the original.

#134 9 years ago

One Step Beyond would be my choice.

Twilight Zone just badly copied One Step Beyond.

An don't forget there are two episodes with William Shatner too amongst other stars.

Post edited by Evoga: Shatner

8 months later
#135 9 years ago

Well if Jersey Jacks does not pick up the Outer Limits, Maybe Spooky Pinball? Thoughts?

Might be right up their alley.......

Ken

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well if Jersey Jacks does not pick up the Outer Limits, Maybe Spooky Pinball? Thoughts?
Might be right up their alley.......

I'll make a phone call............

outer-limits-21.jpgouter-limits-21.jpg
#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Evoga:

One Step Beyond would be my choice.
» YouTube video
Twilight Zone just badly copied One Step Beyond.
An don't forget there are two episodes with William Shatner too amongst other stars.
Post edited by Evoga: Shatner

If you meant Serling's later series "Night Gallery," I might agree with you, but nothing compares to Twilight Zone. It was and remains in a class by itself. Serling was a genius. The nuances of humanity in all its fears and insecurities and nobility were brilliantly displayed in varied manner of styles. My favorite episode is "Night of the Meek" with Art Carney. Shatner's kinda small time compared to the multitude of great ones that starred on the show.

Dan

#138 9 years ago

Somebody make a Jimi Hendrix pin please. I know it won't happen but think it could be a killer music themed pin.

2 months later
#139 8 years ago

Well, If not the Outer Limits for the 3rd one, what about these two?

Both cool, hip, and classic.

The complete series for Kolchak and the first season for 1999 as the 2nd one was awful.

Ken

Kolchak.jpgKolchak.jpg

space_1999.jpgspace_1999.jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jacks-3rd-title-the-outer-limits/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.