Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-9.jpeg
    NewDawn.jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree with that. I think for the first pin it was a great decision to go with a well know theme. Once that is a hit they would have a reputation and maybe the freedom to do a non-licensed theme. Still might be tough with their competition (Stern) getting top tier licensing for all their pins.

Rumor has it both bid on Hobbit license and JJ is higher. Rumor in the pin community though is worth .02

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Rumor has it both bid on Hobbit license and JJ is higher. Rumor in the pin community though is worth .02

Well Jack did say that he paid significantly more for the WOZ license than Stern does for their games. So there could be some creedence to that rumor.

#53 12 years ago

At the MWGC, didn't Jack say that they bid something like $200/game licensing fees on The Hobbit and didn't get it. I can't exactly remember but it is in this video:

#54 12 years ago

I remember him mentioning that Stern pays $200 per game and that he paid significantly more than that for WOZ. Don't recall him mentioning The Hobbit, but perhaps he did...

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I remember him mentioning that Stern pays $200 per game and that he paid significantly more than that for WOZ. Don't recall him mentioning The Hobbit, but perhaps he did...

You are jogging my memory, that sounds right. I think he said they offered $400/game for The Hobbit and didn't get it. But I don't feel like digging through the video to see for sure. And I could be imagining the whole Hobbit thing.

#56 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

You are jogging my memory, that sounds right. I think he said they offered $400/game for The Hobbit and didn't get it. But I don't feel like digging through the video to see for sure. And I could be imagining the whole Hobbit thing.

I found it! It's at the 29 minute mark right on the nose. And I totally misremembered it.

He said that he paid 6 times what Stern normally pays for a license and that a year from now when Stern goes to get The Hobbit they're going to have to pay $200 a machine to get it.

#57 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I found it! It's at the 29 minute mark right on the nose. And I totally misremembered it. []

He said that he paid 6 times what Stern normally pays for a license and that a year from now when Stern goes to get The Hobbit they're going to have to pay $200 a machine to get it.

Cool, thanks. Between the two of us, we disremembered it about half right!

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Cool, thanks. Between the two of us, we disremembered it about half right!

+1

#59 12 years ago

I appreciate clearing up that rumor I heard. You guys are on the ball.

#60 12 years ago

The Hobbit? That's one I'd let go.....

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The Hobbit? That's one I'd let go.....

Cant see it happening....To many similar things to the LOTR....The Ring, Golum, Gandalf....How much Different could they really make it.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Cant see it happening....To many similar things to the LOTR....The Ring, Gollum, Gandalf....How much Different could they really make it.

One word: SMAUG.

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

One word: SMAUG.

Indeed. There's plenty of opportunity to make a great pin based off of "The Hobbit". Riddles in the Dark would make for a great multiple mode. Just think of the lighting schemes that could be used. Then, like Finrod said, there is a dragon to be dealt with. Granted there isn't as much material to draw from as there was with LOTR, but I'd love to see somebody give it a shot!

#64 12 years ago

Competition is good
    More games is good
    Game developers who haven't worked in years working again is good
    More publicity to pinball is good

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

More publicity to pinball is good

Would you believe it if i told you that some people out there still
    view pinball machines as gambling devices and dont want their
    kids near them.

#66 12 years ago

The Mississippi Code of 1972 as Amended

SEC. 97-33-7. Gambling devices defined; prohibition; pin ball machines; penalties; exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person or persons, firm, copartnership, or corporation to have in possession, own, control, display, or operate any cane rack, knife rack, artful dodger, punch board, roll down, merchandise wheel, slot machine, pinball machine, or similar device or devices.

#67 12 years ago

I don't hold one pin manufacturer in higher regard than the next, but the one thing I notice when
    I see a Stern machine is the big bold S T E R N lettering that is plastered on it, on the newer machines it really stands out.

Like I can't see on any machine who it was made by, do the people at Stern design their pins for the sight impaired? You can see that S T E R N from 100 yards away.

#68 12 years ago

Is that why I've run into so many pinball virgins lately. I try to bust these virgins every chance I get by getting them to play. I brought one virgin and a friend into our game room and away they went. I guess too much visual, but I'll try again. I noticed them outside with their handhelds. SS said it best, “Airhead”.

#69 12 years ago

I think you missed the remainder of the quoted Mississippi code in question.

"Provided, however, that pinball machines which do not return to the operator or player thereof anything but free additional games or plays shall not be deemed to be gambling devices, and neither this section nor any other law shall be construed to prohibit same."

Though it does make me wonder about redemption machines in Mississipi.

#70 12 years ago

The whole SOUTH is screwed up about this issue and if you live in the
    south you'll know exactly what i'm talking about.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.