Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago

Picture is up on the site.

#300 5 years ago

Disclaimer: I am a big fan of JJP and I sold my Woz especially to get this machine: A truly limted version of WoZ. My monkey worked always great (and I had every version of WoZ there is) and I was just waiting on this presentation to be able to order.

But just like with Pirates they are going backwards. Taking out the monkey. Of course an animation on the screen is more reliable than a mechanical toy. But that for me is just the thing. Pinball is not on the screen, it is on the playfield. I look enough at screens already all day.

Just as with the rings and the chest not closing on POTC, this is just something they cannot do. If Jack came out and said: it is too expensive I would respect that much more. Now he just blames the engineers that they cannot engineer a magnet that goes up and down an axl. If that is the truth, maybe their engineers should look at a 3d printer because that is all a 3d printer does. I do not buy that story. And an opening and closing a chest, come on guys, like that has never been done before...

I get the feeling that Jack does not care so much anymore as he used too. I remember him from the times that I met him as a very enthousiastic guy that had passion for what he was doing. Trying to make better games than Stern in every way possible. I still like the machines very much but I will not be getting this "new and improved" version.

#308 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Well ... it will probably end up being truly limited anyway.

I am sorry to say that they will probably sell all of them. I wish them the best but people just keep buying everything no matter how much the manufacturers take out and up the price. Te fact thjat they sell justifies those actions from them. I stopped buying Stern because they do that and now I also will not buy this JJP.

My Houdini is much more bang for the buck, American Pinball shows that it can be done. A good quality machine for a decent price. MBrLE also, but they did not have to develop the game, just enhance it, so that takes away a part of the cost.

#342 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What!? Why? “Limited” is just a marketing slogan that means absolutely nothing, ESPECIALLY JJP games. You fell for marketing BS & sold a game you loved because of it it!?!?!
    A truly limited game will be limited due to TIME - old prototypes or 99% of games that will never be remade. New “limited” games mean nothing. JJP will keep making more if they perceive demand. Stern has Premiums which are the same exact game.

Hi Rare, I agree that limited means nothing especially at JJP, but 200 is a lot more limited than 1000. I like to have something different but not at any cost. That said the LE's of JJP are a much better value than those of Stern so I would always opt for the LE.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.