Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5590 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5548 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5521 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    we-removed-the (resized).jpg
    151118171352-18-year-in-laughter-2015-super-169 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    yellowmontage02 (resized).jpg
    Kit-Bash-WOZ (resized).jpg
    amy_0011 copy (resized).jpg
    7FBBC75E-3965-4C4F-B9CC-5393066CDB5B (resized).jpeg
    942CEAD8-1855-432E-A6D8-D7F983DDA8D2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    RR edition (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago

I was really excited until I saw the machine, what a letdown.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

11,500... will they be able to sell 200. I didn’t care for the game in the first place but 11,500 seems steep for a game that has been out for what 8 years?

What extras do you get for $11,500? I’d deduct a grand for the yellow powder coat and you still have the same cabinet art.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

This presentation is very painful live.

The updates on this thread are painfully disappointing.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

The new backglass looks nice at least

At $11,500, I’m sure JJP will include the Vaseline as well.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Confirmed monkey mech gone

Wow, and it’s still $11,500?

They’ve got some pair of balls.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

11,500 JJP is going after the rich people

They were always going after rich people.

Now, they’re going after morons.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

The talk about production lines made it sound like there isn't big demand for POTC?
    Rob

Unfortunately, that doesn’t surprise me at all.

#101 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't think this is a big deal, all the pinball people that want a WOZ already have one, the YBR doesn't have the monkey so owners of the older ones won't feel bad and JJP can make some money from some very wealthy families who are new to pinball. Hopefully they can put that cash back into the business.

Two of my neighbors are looking for a WOZ and I told them to wait until this new version is released.

They will now both be purchasing HUO.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - the green ECLE version looks best so far to me.
    I understand the 2021 orange Munchkinland version is gonna be killer though!

Yes, but that version will be missing the monkey mechanism and both upper play fields.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Releasing this game to me just seems laughable. This should have been released over a website not unveiled as something new.
    I’d say the company needs new leadership. The last two titles they’ve botched the release timelines and they are already a dropping pirates like a bad habit.
    Really wondering if/when they will figure out all the problems.

It is embarrassing.

Hopefully, they will get their act together and figure it out.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you look past the price there is a lot of value. Better mechs, more reliable, easier to work on. Sparkling playfield with metallic yellow bricks, I like the yellow wire and trim and wood apron. Radcals are awesome and the art blades look great.

Hey, if that logic helps you sleep better, God bless you.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

guess POTC was a miss for them and wanted a filler before next game given the previous title was Dialed in, which i do like, but prob also didnt sell well due to original theme.. makes you wonder what the financial situation is.

I think it’s clear that POTC was something of a disaster financially.

I hope they can right the ship, but I don’t see how this yellow WOZ at $11,500 is going to be very beneficial.

#181 5 years ago

JJP should wrap it in garbage bags again.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Bought my RR last year and I've been imagining what this would look like for months, secretly thinking maybe I should have waited for the YBR model. First thing I thought when I saw this was "Hmmm, not sure I like that yellow as much as I thought I would." Then, "Wait - that's the price?" And finally, "No monkey???" Glad I bought mine when I did (as I now let out a sigh of relief).

Ugly, Overpriced and Decontented.

#319 5 years ago

I feel sorry for the JJP folks. They had to feel like complete schmucks making this announcement last night.

And who’s idea was it to wrap the game in trash bags before the reveal? Just throw a god damn sheet over it.

#349 5 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Pinside may not like the new configuration, but they will sell all 200.

Bullshit.

#351 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Easily 200 - the games are being allotted to distributors and they’re already spoken for now.

And those distributors will have them for a good, long time at $11,500.

#441 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Why would you ever buy a Stern LE when they have a premium

The art.

I buy for the art as much as gameplay.

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Not a trick question I myself have never seen the value but if art means that muck to you go for it.

I have gone for it.

I bought Smaug, HUO, because it looks cool and was cheap. I’m not a fan of the gameplay. I did the same thing with Magneto.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's overpriced regardless of who it is intended for. To say this machine is intended for the collector who doesn't care about price - is that the direction JJP is going now?

Shockingly, it is very difficult finding and keeping collectors who don’t care about price as your customers.

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have the RR in stock and the Emerald City is actually an "Emerald Green" that was made exclusively for them. I bought one of their Emerald Green machines (only like 50 made). It's like the original ECLE except not direct printed cab and no wood apron. But the color scheme is the same, and has the 2.0 light board system already installed. Also has a custom topper I guess. Mine arrives friday, I'll post pics. I think they are the only place left with NIB non-YBR WOZ - I checked around at quite a few distributors.

Yep, the Emerald City is the rarest of all WOZ versions offered in the U.S.

Congrats.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-s-pinball-machine-release-tx2019?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.